Author Topic: Monark anyone....  (Read 3217 times)

mx250

Monark anyone....
« on: June 03, 2008, 05:51:05 pm »
.....pretty as a picture, perfect form that special someone in your life, a pit bike for your wife maybe  ;D.

Ebay item 150252702110

or add http to...

(://cgi.ebay.com.au/MONARK-125-ENDURO-VINTAGE-MX-CLASSIC-COLLECTORS-BIKE_W0QQitemZ150252702110QQihZ005QQcategoryZ102690QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

TM BILL

Re: Monark anyone....
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 01:22:55 pm »
Shit Dave you better buy this one to go with the keeper  ;D Hang on a godamcottonpickingminute  :o Dave quick check the shed mate  >:( some bastards listed your latest keeper  ???

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 02:22:01 pm »
bill i was waiting for some one to notice it  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

TM BILL

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 02:24:32 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D

Dave can we still get a deal on the TM pipe  ;)

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 03:22:15 pm »
Leave Dave alone or godsake, it's getting old. Oh I just happen to know what the Monark is being replaced with. Lets just say that some people will be "GREEN" with envy!
Cheers,
K

TM BILL

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 03:31:25 pm »
Cmo'n Michael its not said with mallice  ;)

Give us a clue or do we wait till it goes on ebay  ;D

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2010, 03:38:28 pm »
tm bill, the suzuki pipe has gone, next year l will see you on the starting line, and you better be good off the line, if not you`ll be ready my name on my back for the whole 3 laps. :D
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 08:23:52 am by DAVID#46 »

TM BILL

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2010, 03:44:53 pm »
tm bill, the suzuki pipe has gone, next year l will see you on the starting line, and you better good off the line, if not you`ll be ready my name on my back for the whole 3 laps. :D

;D ;D ;D good onyer Dave happy Xmas mate  :) see you out there next season ill try to keep up  ;)

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2010, 03:50:43 pm »
My new bike will be a ripper, and l an so excited about, looking forward to racing it, it been a long time, my new race jersey has been ordered, the monark is a restorer dream a very clean for someone, l hope that person will carry on what l have started. cheers

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2010, 03:50:53 pm »
I think you have one Bill, but they are thin on the ground. Small green & fast. Dave has joined the "rotary" club. I hope I'm not speaking out of school there Dave. See you on Saturday.
Cheers,
K

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2010, 04:02:17 pm »
The green flag will be flying, thanks Michael, as l have always said for many years, it would be nice to roll up to a stating next to a husqvarna 125, monark 125, elsinore 125, dkw 125, yz 125, mx 125, bultaco 125, montesa 125, suzuki 125, zundapp, maico 125, honda sl 125, it doesn`t matter wheather one is faster than the other, just enjoy the day.

firko

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2010, 04:12:38 pm »
My new bike will be a ripper, and l an so excited about, looking forward to racing it, it been a long time
Dave, with respect mate you've said almost the same thing about nearly every bike you bought and sold since I've known you....twenty odd years. What you do with your bikes is nobody's business but yours but I just wish you'd stop with the "this is a keeper" facade, it's not doing your cred any good at all, way too many 'keepers' have been passed on without you even putting a Sidchrome anywhere near them. That Monark would be a great little project as was the Yamaha DT2MX I sold you or the B50MX. All good bikes, all keepers and all sold. I don't understand the reasoning. ???.......I still love ya though matey. Our sport really needs characters like you.

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2010, 04:36:34 pm »
Great comment mark, a lot has changed with me over the last couple of months, it has been a long time away from racing bikes and yes l have been noughty selling my bikes and made promises, but l have sold bikes for good reasons, l do like a lot of models, but their are some models and makes that do come along unexpected, and when those time come, you have to act quickly. The BSA B50 was a great bike and l loved it, the day l desided to sell it was the day l hurt my back trying to lift it off the stand, the Dt2 mx gave me a lot of memories, but their was another Yamaha nut that wanted that bike more than me so l sold it to him and its being restored and he is in our club. when the monark came along l thought that this will be a nice bike to get up running, so l started buying the hard parts that is needed to do the job, the shocks mounts need to be put back to its original place and l hope that new owner will get the pleasure out of it and race it. 2011 Vintage national l hope that you (mark) will be commentating and you can have the pleasure in calling out my name and race number #46 and you can say, there goes the flying green squirrel. thanks mark, vmx needs you too. Thanks Mate

TM BILL

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2010, 05:17:47 pm »
Hey Dave great news  :) there a great little bike you will love it  8) heres a pic of mine

Its an old photo its now got new gaurds and the original shocks back on it.

I share your vision of a grid of all 125 models from the early 70s :)

Iv'e collected enough parts to build another (save a frame ) i may modify a KE frame till one comes along.

And Dave we have hung a lot of shit on you this year re your deals  ;D but the reality is all the bikes that have passed through your hands have moved on in generally better condition than when you got them  :)

Hopefully the new owners will get out and ride them and it all helps to keep the older classes alive :) Bottom line Dave you have been doing us afficiados of the older classes a favour.

As a lot of the older generation hang up their boots so to they park up their bikes and we dont see them anymore.

Once you throw a leg over that little green screamer dave you wont let it go  ;D see you on the track Bill.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 05:31:11 pm by TM BILL »

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2010, 05:58:19 pm »
Thank bill, l am very excited about racing the kx125, Years ago, back in 1973 l had the opportunity to race Elsinore great bike, as the 12 months past, my friend and l when and bought 2 new bikes, he bought a 74 KTM 250 and l a Husqvarna mag 250, but kx 125 was also at the time on top on my list, and was one bike l regreet not buying, today standed the Husky mag is a collected item, back in the 70`s when l was racing it was a shit of thing, l had a lot of bad memories with that bike. AWAY Bill, l will see you at the next big meeting and show you my bike. They are a pitty bike, which bike do you enjoy riding the KX or TM. I also looking for a ke 125 or ke 175 so l can use it at vinduro meetings.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 07:24:12 pm by DAVID#46 »