Author Topic: Do you really get what you pay for...?  (Read 1340 times)

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
Do you really get what you pay for...?
« on: November 08, 2013, 01:55:13 pm »
http://images.cyclenews.com/photogalleries/xlarge/14RCV1000R_2.jpg

So we have MotoGP in dire financial peril [along with most other international series].

Today Honda released its 'Production Racer' which it claims, with Stoner on board, is only 0.3 - 0.17 seconds a lap slower than the Factory Bike that it spends $30,000,000.00 per year on. Talk about value for money.

Is it any wonder that MotoGP is going down the toilet. Instead of wasting millions chasing that last 0.3 seconds, how about the teams having enough capital to HIRE the BEST riders [not those with the biggest sponsors].

Let's see some real depth in the class and get back to having MotoGP as the Premier Class.
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down hereā€¦

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Do you really get what you pay for...?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 02:07:13 pm »
I doubt it would turn either of us into MotoGP winners Jeff ;D MotoGp has got a lot to worry about but was concieved in the pre GFC blue sky free dhurrie money era. Many have said MotoGP needs a modern "TZ" or a over the counter customer race bike. At least a team would own the bike at the end of the season, not have to find another mountain of cash for lease fees. IMO not as bad as KTM in Moto3 charging 15,000Euro for an engine but tacking on 60,000 service fee on a single cylinder engine.
Looking forward to seeing Nicky Hayden on one of these next year.

Let the decider at Valencia begin  ;D
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 02:21:11 pm »
I could care less how much Honda spends on there moto GP bike but how cool is it that we are getting back to building production real race bikes again that are hopefully only half a second of the full prototypes.
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 03:19:02 pm »
The main thing that has increased the costs in MotoGP is the four strokes. The cost of running and maintaining four strokes as opposed to 2 strokes is ridiculous.

It is the same in Motocross. bring back the 2 strokes and get rid of those noisy smelly four strokes.

I hope MM wins the title. He doesn't deserve to lose it.
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490