Author Topic: Anybody in California able to buy a bike for me? (seller is being difficult)  (Read 1398 times)

Offline bishboy

• Legend
  • Toowoomba
    • View Profile
I'm looking at buying a bike in Redding California and was talking to seller and everything was ok until I told him I was in Australia and said he wasn't interested and basically hung up and now won't answer the phone.  I've sent him an email but I'm not holding my breath.  :-\

I was wondering if anybody in California (or anywhere else for that matter) would like to deal with seller on my behalf and get some more detail and possibly purchase the bike for me.  I have a shipper I can use but if you know anybody who is going to San Francisco...

If anybody is able to help out that would be great, just pm me your phone number and the best time (your time) to call you.

Thanks
Andrew 

Offline MauriceR

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Get a hold of Tahitian Red he lives in central California I believe.

Offline Tahitian_Red

• Legend
  • Mugen ME480
    • View Profile
He is way ahead of you Maurice.  ;)
The "Factory Novice"
California, USA

'74 Suzuki TM100, '75 Bultaco 250 Pursang, '77 Honda XR75, '77 Suzuki RM125B, '77 Yamaha YZ400D, '79 Honda CR250RZ Moto-X Fox Replica, '83 Honda ME480RD Mugen

Simo63

I'm looking at buying a bike in Redding California and was talking to seller and everything was ok until I told him I was in Australia and said he wasn't interested and basically hung up and now won't answer the phone.  I've sent him an email but I'm not holding my breath.  :-\

Thanks
Andrew

Had a very similar experience myself Andrew, the moment I told him I was shipping it to Australia he refused stating "I'm not selling anything to Australia".  And that was the end of that deal.

Good luck though :)

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
This very morning I had an email from a seller telling me that " as a new seller on ebay I'm only permitted to ship in the united states". What a load of bullshit. He's getting the "Feedback of Doom" for taking me for an idiot. Even though he's in country Utah, FlyingDG Doug's a great bloke who pulled me out of a similar situation a year or so ago, perhaps he may be able to help.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha