Author Topic: Nice Pre-70 Maico Race Project  (Read 4843 times)

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 09:24:53 pm by Mick D »
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: Nice Pre-70 Maico Race Project
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 09:56:35 pm »
Anyone up for a sweep on when the DT2MX comes up on eBay? Another keeper bites the dust.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 10:19:35 pm »
whats amatter canT you start it
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 10:29:35 pm by paul »

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 10:30:09 pm »
The only thing Dave hasn't beeen called is a Hoarder :)

I'm the opposite, I am still collecting shit for my retirement projects, I cringe at the thought of selling anything. Actually its spinning me out a bit lately, I am in the middle of a one armed clean-up and its looking like I have more projects than the Fukushima clean up team  :o ::)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 10:47:16 pm by Mick D »

mainline

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 10:47:29 pm »
I'm assuming that the thread with all the useful information that people provided regarding that model bike, eg frame differences, best carb to use etc,  has been deleted as per the standard practice?

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 10:50:58 pm »
Yeap, and the thread about pre-70 being the only true race era is probably gone with it ::) :D :D :D ;D

TM BILL

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 11:53:33 pm »
Now Now play nice , i don't recall Dave actually claiming this one to be a keeper  :-\

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2013, 11:59:39 pm »
Now Now play nice , i don't recall Dave actually claiming this one to be a keeper  :-\

That's cause you were on holidays when he did :)

TM BILL

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2013, 12:12:08 am »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

mainline

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2013, 06:19:38 am »

The point I was making is that for the umpteenth time he's bought a bike claiming that he was going to race/restore it. People on the forum have provided a shiteload of information, posted photos etc. Then once he has enough info for his ebay listing he deletes the thread.

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2013, 07:00:42 am »
Dave rather than "bag" you for your turn around again,why dont you tell us (if you want to) why this bike all of a sudden is no good and is being sold???????????????????
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

albrid-3

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2013, 08:13:04 am »
There is nothing wrong with the Maico, its a good unit, at Times I buy these bikes on a whim with good intention, I have a sweet little bike being imported from the states which I am looking forward in receiving it, now if the imported bike had have came up for sale earlier, I would not have bought the Maico. the person who buys the maico will get a good bike. In the mean time, the DT2 MX came along, I race this model in 72, and they a very nice looking bike when restored and very collectable too. I was lucky to be the winning bidder, as know one can over me with a higher bid.
When I pick the DTmx up, the fellow started it and fired up first kick, and it sounded so tight and had no rattles. So my thoughts where ticking over thinking that this one will be restored and the maico can be moved on, as the cash will be handy to fix the dt up, I have started to buy new parts for the dt now. The Dt is a local  bike back in the day, and I only know of 2 being raced back in 1972, and that was mine and the other was a fellow from Geelong,  the one that I raced was an ex- Geoff Taylors bike from Milliage brothers Melbourne, So there you go. ( It could be the one??)
So I am going to restore the Yamaha instead.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 08:32:13 am by Dave #6 »

Simo63

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2013, 09:41:02 am »
So the Maico came from the USA?

and

How can it be pre 70 legal as it's a 70 model or is it a follow on model?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 09:42:35 am by Simo63 »

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2013, 10:50:02 am »
Come on Simo, keep up to speed please ;D :D
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

mainline

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2013, 10:56:26 am »
There is nothing wrong with the Maico, its a good unit, at Times I buy these bikes on a whim with good intention, I have a sweet little bike being imported from the states which I am looking forward in receiving it, now if the imported bike had have came up for sale earlier, I would not have bought the Maico. the person who buys the maico will get a good bike. In the mean time, the DT2 MX came along, I race this model in 72, and they a very nice looking bike when restored and very collectable too. I was lucky to be the winning bidder, as know one can over me with a higher bid.
When I pick the DTmx up, the fellow started it and fired up first kick, and it sounded so tight and had no rattles. So my thoughts where ticking over thinking that this one will be restored and the maico can be moved on, as the cash will be handy to fix the dt up, I have started to buy new parts for the dt now. The Dt is a local  bike back in the day, and I only know of 2 being raced back in 1972, and that was mine and the other was a fellow from Geelong,  the one that I raced was an ex- Geoff Taylors bike from Milliage brothers Melbourne, So there you go. ( It could be the one??)
So I am going to restore the Yamaha instead.

I really don't give a rats whether you keep buying and selling bikes, that's your prerogative. Just stop deleting all the useful information people provide you when you say you're going to race or restore them.