Author Topic: Rickman Zundapp Metisse Head stem set and other items  (Read 1326 times)

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
Rickman Zundapp Metisse Head stem set and other items
« on: October 24, 2013, 07:26:32 pm »
Rickman Zundapp Metisse Head stem set.  (repeating myself old age ...) Can be a real piece of crap (cheap or even less than that being the prime concern here.) or borrow one for investigation , or good info what it specs are, or what else may fit. This project is a personal challenge to build a Rickonda SL125 for less than $500, using items I already have (Bare frame and swingarm, engines, wheels .
Also in need of Tank (important) and seat and base, side covers etc etc blah blah blah  All may be of poor condition and of course fear not! I will not be embarrassed with freebie gifts  ;) ;) ;) :) :) :) Cheers Tim754

I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Lewis

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Rickman Zundapp Metisse Head stem set and other items
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 06:20:04 am »
Tim,you don't waste any time!! You must have placed your ad before I even got home.
                                                                                                   cheers Lewis.

Offline Andrew L

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 10:59:01 am »
I looked and decided to make my own out of Honda sl350 parts and forks that I had laying around doing nothing, the bearings are x series ford falcon outer front wheel bearings (or Holden if you want a smaller shaft) cheap as from bearing shop and fit straight into the frame head stem without modification, had to make a new shaft and retaining nuts from scratch as the Honda tube was way to long and a car welsh plug of unknown origin for a dust cap, Yamaha dt1 square swing-arm wheel modified to allow the sprocket to clear the swing-arm and the rim to remain centered as well as parts of the brake actuator grafted onto the rickman brake pedal, then have crammed the Yamaha dt1 motor that just fit's into the frame cradle wanted something with a bit more go than the Honda would provide (plus the Honda wouldn't pull my ample frame around I suspect), it better be worth it as its been allot of work so far. Check the Rickman swing-arm carefully for cracks if it has the chain oiler fitted to it, couldn't really see the cracks until the oiler bosses were removed. PS I'm still coming to get those ts parts one day if there still on offer Tim

"You have not made any mistakes if you find extra pieces after assembling an object. In fact you have just found a way to make the object more efficient."

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 05:29:43 pm »
Lewis ya got start early and let the frustration and despair have ample time to grow ;)
Mav excellent response mate :) : :) :) :) Shame I may have got rid of all my SL350 bits and bikes. Yes of course the parts are yours. (now I got remember what they are.... ::) Cheers and thank you.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.