Author Topic: Pre 75 racing  (Read 2531 times)

TM BILL

Pre 75 racing
« on: October 21, 2013, 06:03:20 am »
Raced at Auckland classic scramble club yesterday and had a great day . For a change i didn't race all the pre 75 races and watched some instead , cant remember ever doing that before .

Point is it was really cool to watch the older bikes racing, the pace is slower but the racing was close and the bikes look very Cool IMHO  :)

Offline mitch75

• C-Grade
  • Newcastle NSW
    • View Profile
Re: Pre 75 racing
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 07:52:56 am »
I agree with you Bill. Pre 75 is my favourite too.
Yamaha DT360a DT250b DT100c YZ400D WR250ZG.

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 09:48:07 am »
Now that I mostly do Pre 78 I love to watch the older bikes. I do like the British fourstrokes best.
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 10:09:24 am »
Now that I mostly do Pre 78 I love to watch the older bikes. I do like the British fourstrokes best.

Any man who has British fourstrokes as his favourite can't be all bad! I love riding my B50. Im also in the process of building a B44.
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 10:26:52 am »
Any man who has British fourstrokes as his favourite can't be all bad! I love riding my B50. Im also in the process of building a B44.
Hold on a minute.....you chaps must have missed the memo informing us that the pre 75 and older divisions are doomed. I'll see that you get a copy straight away ::).

Poor attempts at sarcasm aside, I'm inspired by the number of  Brit bikes being assembled out there. Not counting Pete and Shoeys CCM, I know of a Cheney Triumph, C&J B50, two Triumph Metisses, a 1959 Monark GP and a couple more that have slipped my mind at the moment. Eve I've got all of the bibs and bobs to build a pre 60 TriBSA that I'm hoping to start on next year and the parts to build a pre 65 Triumph in a period frame of unknown parentage that might eventuate the following year.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 10:47:49 am »
the pace is slower

your in the wrong country bro  :D  book your flights via WA next time  :P  :) 

Totally agree that its superb to watch and now starting to get attached to the big 2 strokes of pre90  8)
We've got five months till next race day  :'(
Best is in the West !!

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 10:54:34 am »
Bill sorry i missed you sunday at vmx,Dads memorial service thingy more important.Hope you got Freddie racing decals. baz
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline asasin

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 11:41:29 am »
I really enjoyed the racing on Sunday . the short flowing track had heaps of passing lanes and really made the racing good not just a one lane procession . What bill didnt say was that he was F*& fast when he did ride that class. It was really good to not have the single shock kettles for a change. i think Twin shock racing is far from dead and the emphasis needs to be on providing good  race venues like Sundays and not get carried away with the age thing , yes most of us on twin shocks are the latter side of 47  so why should what we want (shorter ,smoother ,faster, wider tracks etc)  be decided by the younger rides on newer bikes wanting big jumps, 20 min motos and enduro length laps, if they want to do that they can still race Vets at modern meetings. Face it  most of us are done in about 8-10 minutes on a bike and the race placings( crashes aside ) are pretty much sorted by the end of the 2nd lap ( handicap races excluded).
 POst Twin shock should still be the sideshow not the main event
If in doubt ,WIND IT OUT

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2013, 09:29:14 am »
Hold on a minute.....you chaps must have missed the memo informing us that the pre 75 and older divisions are doomed. I'll see that you get a copy straight away ::).

Poor attempts at sarcasm aside, I'm inspired by the number of  Brit bikes being assembled out there. Not counting Pete and Shoeys CCM, I know of a Cheney Triumph, C&J B50, two Triumph Metisses, a 1959 Monark GP and a couple more that have slipped my mind at the moment. Eve I've got all of the bibs and bobs to build a pre 60 TriBSA that I'm hoping to start on next year and the parts to build a pre 65 Triumph in a period frame of unknown parentage that might eventuate the following year.

It seems that I did miss that memo Firko  ;D
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.