Author Topic: Ebay - leaving feedback....  (Read 904 times)

mx250

Ebay - leaving feedback....
« on: May 30, 2008, 10:14:08 am »
.....whats the point?

Being only able to leave positive feedback defeats the whole purpose doesn't it? Why leave any, just more of my time and broadband to no avail.

Maybe I'm missing something  ::).

Doc

Re: Ebay - leaving feedback....
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 11:28:45 am »
yeah I don't get it either mx250..keeping clear of the whole ebay experience myself of late, don't think I've opened it at all this week  :-\ that for me is extremely unusual but ebay is definately slipping in popularity, the fees and charges are getting overly expensive and I don't have any faith in this 'new' system. Time to look at the alternatives  ;)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 11:34:12 am by Doc »

Offline gorby

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 07:10:50 pm »
The only good feature of the new ebay rules ,is that sellers can not leave revenge feedback if you give them deserved negative feedback due to faulty or misrepresented goods.

I had my rating dropped just because I had the audacity to complain about a s/hand cam described as being in good condition,having the lobes worn down 5mm.The picture of the item had the wear placed away from camera >:(
and this was after several unanswered emails.

But there should be a system for sellers to rate wankers who don't pay or forget to read the description or
concerning freight/postage costs

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 07:34:05 pm »
It would be okay if  the feed back was truly honest and not given in fear of retribution... but as we all know its not.
I like ebay for the one fact that it gives you opportunities to purchase  goods not readily available to the masses like Old bikes and bits.

If there was a more reliable and cost concious  website that provided this service i would use it .
 Trading post is okay but has lots of draw backs

Oztion and the rest just dont have the goods to compete in the market against ebay which is sad.

The sooner ebay gets some decent competition that refuses to sell out to them the better we will all be sellers and buyers alike.