Author Topic: Vintage (pre 90) show n shine Melton (Vic) 2013  (Read 785 times)

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
Vintage (pre 90) show n shine Melton (Vic) 2013
« on: October 09, 2013, 09:31:15 pm »
Just wondering how many people would be interested in coming to/displaying at a show and shine event sometime later on this year, in a very similar vein to what was organised by/for NSWelshman and their respective clubs by Ted earlier this year. Pre 90 to pre 60 mx and enduro bikes would be welcomed and appreciated, if i can get enough interest i will initiate the organisation of such an event to happen at local Honda/Suzuki dealer with a large premises that are able to accommodate such an event. An obligatory BBQ would also happen on the day, from what i saw with NSW event a number of people who promised bikes did pull out at the last minute leaving organisers in the lurch. I really dont want that to happen so please don't speak up unless you can commit yourself and your bikes to being there, please add to this thread if you WILLattend and what you WILL bring to display on the day, likely date would be Saturday 30/11. This dealership is on a main road that gets tons of passing traffic hourly so i have no doubt there will be bucket loads of punters turning up for a look even if they didn't know it was happening prior to passing, and the usual vmx fraternity of course id expect to turn up also so it has the potential to be a massive day if executed properly. Viper, CSC and VCM delegates and membership forms being there on the day would be a good idea i'd imagine. This IS NOT a plan in motion yet but will gain traction as interest and commitments are put forward. 
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 09:44:52 pm by Rookie#1 »
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage (pre 90) show n shine Melton (Vic) 2013
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 09:41:31 pm »
I'm up for it, will bring 79 KX250, 79 KX400, 78 DT125, maybe 88 KX250 if I can get it close to finished in time.
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage (pre 90) show n shine Melton (Vic) 2013
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 08:41:23 am »
It is a good thing you are proposing. If the aim is to garner more support for VMX I think the date should be at the start of competition, just prior to a local meeting rather than after the season.

RE: BBQ. Check with local council first. Up here they wanted me to get a permit, do a food prep course, supply toilets, off street parking, impact on fast food outlets nearby. And heaven help you if somebody from the public chokes on a snag or gets food poisoning. I know it's BS but I was told to safeguard myself.

While we were not left in the lurch count on 75% of promised bikes.

We actually signed up two new members with I think 10 restored KTM's. So it was worth it

Good luck
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B