Author Topic: Maxwell Motorsports  (Read 58059 times)

Offline Brian Watson

• Legend
  • First Penton in OZ
    • View Profile
Maxwell Motorsports
« on: October 01, 2013, 10:01:41 AM »
Anyone elese having trouble with Maxwells..?? I ordered some mudguards and seat cover etc about 8 weeks ago.... after about 4 weeks , I thought , this is taking a long time to get from one side of the island to the other....so , I rang them up....Alistair had to ask me what it was that I bought, even though I had a order number from their system... he said he would track them down.. in the interim ,he would send me a new lot of stuff..?? but he doesn't have the seat cover or front number plate in stock any more (only 1 of each on hand, which I understand)..anyway.. about 2 weeks later a parcel arrives.. Goody!!.. open it up to find that some side covers that I didn't order are in the parcel, an airfilter that was the wrong one .. no seat cover and no front number plate... So , I send him an email to ask what is happening... a week goes by and no reply... another email sent last Monday.....still no preply...I think this might be last $200 odd dollars of mine that will be heading his way.. I could have bought the same stuff from the US .. but thought I should support the home team..

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
Re: Maxwell Motorsports
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 10:18:16 AM »
 Haven't heard 1 good comment about the guy and have heard several bad ones from friends who dealt with him. Avoid like the plague I reckon..

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 10:39:38 AM »
I don't bother with Maxwell after a mate twice had a similar experiences to Watto a couple of years ago. I recall sitting around a campfire at CD one year and hearing punters relay a lot of alarming Maxwell experiences. I use VMX Unlimited or, if Les hasn't got what I need, the home shopping network (eBay, etc ;D).
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline kdx Geoff

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 10:52:16 AM »

l bought a couple of things, got sent the wrong part amongst the parts ordered.

Got it sorted out over a few weeks but l had to follow it up more than l thought l should have to.

Seems to me a lack/quality of staff issue at the core.

I too prefer to buy local but maybe not from Finley.

Buying kdx air cooled drum brake unitrak bikes and parts

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 11:36:52 AM »
He pretty much doesn't have any stock....he orders it from the USA when you order it....that's why there is a delay....just a clever website...a lot of people run there businesses like that now. I too only deal with Les at VMX Unlimited....great guy and has stock.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 11:38:35 AM »
When buying in Australia you can't go past Les at VMX unlimited, good honest prompt service and he stocks more than anyone else in this country..

Offline Dono113

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 12:26:07 PM »
Good mate down in SA ordered side panel for his TM got wrong ones when he rang the fella, he got abused :o and was told he should have been happy with what he got ??? Now I here Les is back and doing well, but he's taking some time to recover, I think he's getting someone in to cover his shifts whilst drinking pinacolatas 8)
1983 CR125R
2003 CRF450R
CB750K1
2005 YZ85
1969 TS 250

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2013, 01:54:28 PM »
Order S/H head for early DR250 four stroke (Yep no worries! got it in stock on the counter in front of me...) and     eventually    receive a DT250  head . >:( Wrong model  I accept it can happen' but wrong brand and a two stroke head!!!  Don't get me going on the abuse I copped with my follow up phone call.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 01:56:04 PM by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2013, 06:44:30 PM »
If you had ever been to his place at Finley like I mistakenly did once, you would never deal with the guy. I have never seen so much of a clusterfluck in all my days. Anything he has that's half decent he doesn't want to sell. He had a KLX250 with a blown motor and some missing bits on it that I thought might be worth resurrecting with a 500 Honda motor in it. I asked how much and he replied he wasn't interested in selling it as a roller, only as parts. So the next question, how much for the swingarm, the frame, the wheels, the tank etc. I dunno was the reply, leave me your number and I'll get back to you. It never happened. The poor old salvageable KLX was left sitting in an overgrown paddock with the rest of his scrap metal out under the hot Aussie sun.

I honestly don't know how he became a supplier of anything, let alone some reputable companies products. 
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline allan hughes

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2013, 08:02:59 PM »
 was he a superbike rider
80s/90s

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2013, 08:49:56 PM »
yes and he was an MXer in the early mid 80's
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2013, 09:08:19 PM »
If I didn't know better (which I do!) even I could be sucked in by his shameless self promotion on the website! ;D

http://www.maxwellmotorsports.com.au/ABOUT.htm
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline whitey 43

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2013, 09:08:59 PM »
I believe he has changed his ebay name to DCPLASTICAUSTRALIA...Maxwell Motorsport has disappeared from Evilbay (from my research...)
Bad Customer Service remains in the memory long after a cheap price is forgotten...
Les supports our industry...we support Les...Pretty simple...In my humble opinion....

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2013, 09:16:18 PM »
I should probably mention that my own personal 1 experience of dealing with him was fine, ordered a DG muffler, paid cc and item arrived within 3 days. BUT it seems mine is a rare scenario, many friends and fellow riders i know have had less than satisfactory experiences with him!!
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2013, 09:23:06 PM »
If you had ever been to his place at Finley like I mistakenly did once, you would never deal with the guy. I have never seen so much of a clusterfluck in all my days. Anything he has that's half decent he doesn't want to sell. He had a KLX250 with a blown motor and some missing bits on it that I thought might be worth resurrecting with a 500 Honda motor in it. I asked how much and he replied he wasn't interested in selling it as a roller, only as parts. So the next question, how much for the swingarm, the frame, the wheels, the tank etc. I dunno was the reply, leave me your number and I'll get back to you. It never happened. The poor old salvageable KLX was left sitting in an overgrown paddock with the rest of his scrap metal out under the hot Aussie sun.

I honestly don't know how he became a supplier of anything, let alone some reputable companies products.

Wrecker Madness. Car or bike, young or old, it gets most of them sooner or later.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.