Author Topic: Anyone know this person?  (Read 5615 times)

Offline yamaico

• Legend
    • View Profile
Anyone know this person?
« on: September 30, 2013, 02:08:40 pm »
I was reading the comments section of a newspaper regarding a push to increase the speed limits to 130kph and came across this gem, the style of which seems eerily familiar:

•   Many times ive set cruise to 100kph and end up getting passed by first cars light trucks then b doubles appear in the rear view mirror , for my families safety raise the cruise speed so that we sit .5 k behind and in front of the next vechiles , haveing drivin at 300kph NT , 100kph means nothing o/s its FAR safer driving at 120/130 , so for me its a fine balance between driving safely and loseing points i would be able to concentrate much easier without the threat of loseing points , the 10 billion wasted on melbs desal plant could have uprated to high speed victorias roads . i fully support wheels magazine for demonstrating democracey , it would be nice to see government vechiles sitting near some of the deadly hazzards with there lights on and i mean the type of wallows or pot holes that can tip a car over or give a motor bike rider whiplash in a serve and protect role , all the sunny day speed detections didnt save my life long freind or next door neighbor , infact australian governments have blood on there hands for very slow roads infrastructure progression and allowing very unsafe cars to be built here while taxing safer european vechiles beyond the majorities affordability
David of VIC Posted on 24 September 2013 8:56am

Anyone know?

albrid-3

Re: Anyone know this person?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 04:54:57 pm »
l think the governments should put all there thinking into an Auto Barn here in Australia, that starts on the outer limits of  melbourne and branches to the north, west, east. and yes the limits should be higher than 100 km, but what really shits me is that people are so arrogant when they are driving in the centre behind another car and merge to the right or left and stay exactly on the same speed, and this curses a build up of cars and frustration.
And also drivers that drive on cruise control at 100 klm, this also makes you drowsy, and half the accidents are the curse of people fulling asleep.   
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 04:56:37 pm by Dave #6 »

mainline

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 06:12:52 pm »
I was reading the comments section of a newspaper regarding a push to increase the speed limits to 130kph and came across this gem, the style of which seems eerily familiar:

•   Many times ive set cruise to 100kph and end up getting passed by first cars light trucks then b doubles appear in the rear view mirror , for my families safety raise the cruise speed so that we sit .5 k behind and in front of the next vechiles , haveing drivin at 300kph NT , 100kph means nothing o/s its FAR safer driving at 120/130 , so for me its a fine balance between driving safely and loseing points i would be able to concentrate much easier without the threat of loseing points , the 10 billion wasted on melbs desal plant could have uprated to high speed victorias roads . i fully support wheels magazine for demonstrating democracey , it would be nice to see government vechiles sitting near some of the deadly hazzards with there lights on and i mean the type of wallows or pot holes that can tip a car over or give a motor bike rider whiplash in a serve and protect role , all the sunny day speed detections didnt save my life long freind or next door neighbor , infact australian governments have blood on there hands for very slow roads infrastructure progression and allowing very unsafe cars to be built here while taxing safer european vechiles beyond the majorities affordability
David of VIC Posted on 24 September 2013 8:56am

Anyone know?

I thought it was a coincidence at first
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 06:15:29 pm by mainline »

Offline brent j

• Legend
  • Darwin, NT. Suzuki tragic, RL250M TS90MX PE250B
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 07:14:41 pm »
i'd like to know where, when and what he was driving to have been doing 300km/h in the NT?
There aren't too many places I'd want to be going that speed up here.

The older I get, the faster I was

Offline Iain Cameron

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 07:15:26 pm »
Wow 100kph you are so lucky, bloody Tasmanian drivers ( Farmers ) plod along at about 70 k's on 110 posted roads or they drive on high beam in fog . great place to live but after driving in all states and a fare few other countries I would have to say Tasmanians are the worst drivers Ive come across . Heaven forbid letting them loose on roads with a limit over 110 kph it would be carnage . Iain
Yamaha tragic ; dt1, rt1, dt2, rt2, dt2mx , rt2mx , mx250, mx360,sc500, 74dt125, yzx125, yzc250, yzc400, yzd250, yzd400, yzh250, yzh80 , dt100 , xr75 ko xr80 03 , it175 82 . Not a member of any club

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 09:59:03 pm »
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 10:38:11 pm »
Swahili translation
Mara nyingi pe kuweka cruise kwa 100kph na kuishia kupata wanapita kwanza malori mwanga magari kisha b mara mbili kuonekana katika kioo nyuma mtazamo, kwa ajili yangu familia usalama kuongeza kasi ya cruise ili tuweze kukaa 0.5 k nyuma na mbele ya vechiles ijayo , haveing ??drivin saa 300kph NT, 100kph maana chochote o / s yake FAR salama kuendesha saa 120/130, hivyo kwa ajili yangu yake uwiano mzuri kati ya kuendesha gari kwa usalama na loseing pointi i itakuwa na uwezo wa kujihusisha rahisi bila ya tishio la pointi loseing, 10
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

albrid-3

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2013, 10:48:39 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BKdbxX1pDw
After watching the video, I think this bloke is right. If the state Govt, and the cops are really serious about cutting the road death toll down, then they need to go back to the car industries
and stop them from making high performance cars. P Plates are limited to 1000 cc. vehicle. 
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 10:51:32 pm by Dave #6 »

Offline Iain Cameron

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2013, 10:58:31 pm »
mmmm Mark had a long day . Iain
Yamaha tragic ; dt1, rt1, dt2, rt2, dt2mx , rt2mx , mx250, mx360,sc500, 74dt125, yzx125, yzc250, yzc400, yzd250, yzd400, yzh250, yzh80 , dt100 , xr75 ko xr80 03 , it175 82 . Not a member of any club

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2013, 11:43:42 pm »
The cameras are to raise money not for safety like they say for one you don't know you have been caught for weeks if it was a safety thing you should be notified immediately you would think.

The cameras only take a picture of 20 metres of road for which you more than likely have driven km's on so they don't indicate your traveling speed I go faster inbetween them yet the cameras say I am doing the right thing because I drive 1km of my 100km trip on the speed limit.

Get rid of the cameras so people can divert there eyes off the speedo and onto the road have speed designated lanes with the right as open speed overtaking only.

The way it is right now you have people doing different speeds so you get frustrated people weaving overtaking on the left etc they won't have to move about so much if the lanes were designated speeds.
1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2013, 08:19:28 pm »
There was a great yank show about the road toll in the 80's
it showed the governments feeble efforts to curb their incredible road toll in the 50's 60's and 70's
first it was the roads... they built better bigger road systems, the death toll climbed higher... it must be the cars.... stringent laws on safety of cars saw the road toll climb more!!

it must be the driving skills.... a study of the top 20 American racing drivers showed they had more stax than anyone!!

the 55 mph speed limit reduced the road toll.

Face it 80% of drivers have no "concept" of the 1.5 tonnes of metal travelling at many metres per second being suddenly subject to the laws of physics and not the steering wheel.  when it happens, they panic, shit happens and it costs us all... most of us have spent years taming the forces of nature with our machines so its second nature....

my natural driving hand eye cord speed is 125km. as a young bloke I drove everywhere at 125 and it stills sits comfortably until im tired and 90 to 100 seems much better.

so on a forum of keen motorists, no one here has any idea what it is to be clueless behind the controls we are happy to rant and rave at the clueless and there is no shortage of them. but to try and control the masses..... cameras and revenue raising... get used to it.

Offline brent j

• Legend
  • Darwin, NT. Suzuki tragic, RL250M TS90MX PE250B
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2013, 09:41:32 pm »
What's the old story?

Everybody, regardless of age, social or financial status, race or religion, believes they are a better than average driver
The older I get, the faster I was

Offline Sorelegs11

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2013, 09:02:32 am »
Most people have trouble walking down the street and yet they give them a licence to drive.
Watch the idiots who drive around and concentrate on everything but the road and the other traffic around them.
There should be a licence system where the serial morons that crash all the time are restricted like the L & P platers in regards to speed and when the can drive.
Women f""""ng with their hair and putting makeup on in cars is a joke, they know that they are still as ugly as they were when they left home so why do they have to keep checking?
Modern cars are also to blame, while they go like the clappers and handle great, in the right hands they offer no feel to the driver from the road and have far too much crap in them like DVDs, phones, and comfort stuff that takes the concentration of the road.
Why do you need a GPS constantly telling you whats happening on the trip to work every day?
Bring back armstrong steering and wind up windows with the old style dash, temp, fuel, oil and speedo.
I just don't understand mans adiction to dodadies and all the other crap put in cars that they peddle to the average person.
Anti tech, you bet :P
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2013, 11:12:48 am »
In the 70/80's the biggest cause of road death was car failure some part on the car stopped working correctly of course the forces that speed causes made this worse. These days the biggest ( Real cause ) is driver fatigue. There is no real argument left why we don't raise the speed limits to 130KM to bring us inline with just about all other first world countries.
State guberments have grown too greedy and now rely to much on this form of taxation and the RTA's have grown to powerfull because of this. IMO we need a federal reform and take a whole new approach to road safety that is not driven by the $ and one set of rules for the whole country. 
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline oldskool

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2013, 06:19:37 pm »
I'm with sorelegs,my wifes car 2012 Lancer has leather trim,heaters in front seats,touch screen stereo which is also reverse camera,reverse sensors,air con,cruise control,abs brakes,traction control electric windows plus a bunch of other electric shite.Although it is a nice car I'd rather drive my HR Holden any day,Ive driven both of them to Sydney and back and I know which one I was more alert in(and it wasn't because I was uncomfortable in the HR it's just as comfy as the Lancer or better).I've had kids from my 13yo son up to 20yo friends of my daughters in the car all had to be shown how to open the doors both from the outside and inside and none of them even knew how to get the windows to open quite funny I think.Give me my HR to drive any day over a new car. 8)