Author Topic: Dt250 D/E/F Motor (botom end) with electrics  (Read 1711 times)

Offline crossedup2

• B-Grade
  • Never enough shed time.....
    • View Profile
Dt250 D/E/F Motor (botom end) with electrics
« on: September 17, 2013, 05:24:49 PM »
Actually just need the crank, electrics and flywheel. Sydney area preferred.

Peter B
Thanks in advance.
Anything Yamaha. AT1, CT1 (X3), RT1, DT3 (x3), YZ125X,  YZ250E, YZ400D, IT175E, IT250H, XR500RC . Always looking for Pre 78 Yamaha stuff....

Offline Big Scotty

• C-Grade
  • Heaven 380
    • View Profile
Re: Dt250 D/E/F Motor (botom end) with electrics
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 05:40:32 PM »
G'day Pete
Can't help with the 250 stuff but a big thanks for the 125 cases,good to see there's still gentlemen out there,there all stripped and cleaned,just waiting  for the rod kit then ill tear mine down,I just happen to have complete 125 bottom end will deliver to canowindra for ya.
Cheers scotty
yz400d yz125d yz490k

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 06:01:01 PM »
Hey Pete, i've got a motor without electrics ( i think, i've never looked actually) condition unknown.
In Brisbane, would delivery to the Nats in November be too late?
"flat bickie"

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 07:04:16 PM »
Spanish Armada had a 1R8 motor a while back.
I think I have a flywheel? Definitely no stator though.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline dt tas

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 08:31:45 PM »
How many do you want no electrics have only points system but iam in tassie

Offline yamaico

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2013, 09:19:02 PM »
Actually just need the crank, electrics and flywheel. Sydney area preferred.

Peter B
Thanks in advance.

Pretty sure I would have a crank, but no electrics, if that's any good to you. I'm in Wollongong but away for another two or three weeks.
Pete.

Offline SimonC

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2013, 01:44:19 PM »
I have a pretty complete 77 DT400 motor, no electrics though.

Offline crossedup2

• B-Grade
  • Never enough shed time.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2013, 07:49:34 PM »
Thanks all for the offers and this is what led up to the request.

I have a yz250E and it had a gear box problem. The cases had the typical problem of the day where the chains derailed and fractured the clutch part of the casings. Someone had welded the cases and it all seemed to work ok until now. The welding was done years ago before me owning it. The clutch worked but was not strong. The problem in the G/B is that the seal at the top is distorted and I found that there has been crap getting in there that stuffed the clutch shaft and the bearing.

I restored the YZ just before CD5 and it saw 3 good seasons racing but was buried in the shed when the gearbox played up. At CD 8 I found some 1980 IT250 cases which has 2K7 on one half so I guessed they would work as there was no chain rash around the clutch shaft on the case.

Well a friend wants to race with me so this I started to rebuild the motor only to find that one case is completely different. There's now a fair bit of money tied up in G/B bits and bearings so I checked the the cross over parts and find that the Crank half on the flywheel side is the same as the DT250 and that the ignition system and flywheel are also DT on the 1980 IT250.

You got to love the way Yamaha just use the different parts bins in the warehouse to build bikes in those days.

Anyway, after discussions with the mate, we believe we'll try to mix and match the stator plate from a YZ250 C or D (larger faced stator) to the smaller rotor crank.

So I'll put all the offers on hold thanks if that's OK and see if we can get life back into the old girl with some Eginneerring. If that doesn't work we'll go the DT crank route.

Thanks
Peter B
Anything Yamaha. AT1, CT1 (X3), RT1, DT3 (x3), YZ125X,  YZ250E, YZ400D, IT175E, IT250H, XR500RC . Always looking for Pre 78 Yamaha stuff....