Author Topic: The New Guy from Central West NSW  (Read 1534 times)

Offline Neilio

• Novice
    • View Profile
The New Guy from Central West NSW
« on: September 16, 2013, 10:59:44 PM »
Well I thought it was time to stop lurking and put up a post.

I've been in the process of freshening up an RM400T that I purchased a few months in readiness for CD10 after a mate who has been restoring an MX400B twisted my arm to go.......not that it took a lot of twisting.....shame about CD10 but we'll look forward to many other events. I can't make it to Bulladelah unfortunately as it will be too much travel for a member of our crew that is coming up from Melbourne.

This is my third VMX project, first was a 1985 KX250, which at the time I got it, circa 1999/2000, I wasn't even aware of VMX and it probably wasn't eligible anyway, I just wanted a cheap dirt bike and that's what I got......still can't believe I sold it a couple of years later for $900.... Then, a couple of years ago I got talked into getting an old MXer to do up to go VMX racing. The same mate who has the MX had recently scored a 1980 CR250 and I found a YZ250L that was in need of much TLC. Long story short both bikes got finished, never got ridden at an event and got sold to fund to fund purchases of road bikes.

This time around I wanted air-cooled and twin shock and I've always had a soft spot for Suzuki's and after looking at different bikes decided that the RMs are a handsome looking steed, would have loved a 1976 model for year of birth reasons....maybe for the next one.

Well the RM is done enough to ride with some fine tuning to be done to try and get the front brake to hook up a bit better.....surely it should brake at least as well as the MX....  :-\

There are other jobs that need doing but I have it running and I'd better ease off on the spending, considering it was supposed to be a runner when I bought it, not the half stripped machine that I brought home.......luckily the Minister for War and Finance was in a tolerant mood that day....

Anyhoo, not sure how much I'll be able to contribute here but hopefully this time around I'll actually make it to some events, they are built to ride not hide after all  8)

Cheers,
N

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: The New Guy from Central West NSW
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 07:14:26 AM »
Welcome Neilo from Unzud.Those NSW boys need some vmx land keep your eyes open for some....lol
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline Dono113

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 08:29:36 AM »
Welcome Neil, enjoy the wealth of knowledge that flows from the pages of this site ;D
Cheers
Dono
1983 CR125R
2003 CRF450R
CB750K1
2005 YZ85
1969 TS 250

Offline Ktm181

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 11:13:16 AM »

Welcome mate, you will love it around here, good bunch of blokes, lots of good info and always happy to help each other.

cheers,
Kt.

Offline Neilio

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 03:36:47 PM »
Thanks guys. Appreciate the welcome, certainly some interesting topics and bikes around on the board.

Getting good but bad ideas for the next project.....  ;D