Author Topic: 2013 Classic Nationals Organiser's thread  (Read 28546 times)

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Classic Nationals Organiser's thread
« Reply #105 on: October 28, 2013, 10:33:01 am »
Congratulations, Col. You rock, mate. While ever vmx has blokes like you with some go in them, it will continue to flourish.

HEAR HEAR!
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline bigtoe

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 28, 2013, 08:45:04 pm »
just checked the weather forcast , 24 c to 27 c  sunny with some clouds all three days with a chance of extreme fun !!! yeehah!!

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 31, 2013, 08:42:54 pm »
Anybody coming via Mt Lindsay highway then Beaudesert/Boonah rd be prepared for long waits....the roadworks are horrendous. Tracks great, plenty of people already there, the criminals from South Australia have arrived (lock up your daughters  ;D). See you there.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 05, 2013, 07:12:42 pm »
Just one sour note. Ray Buchanan rang to say someone stole the Monster banners, and one of their Quickshades, and asked us to keep an eye out for them

Simo63

« Reply #109 on: November 05, 2013, 07:24:28 pm »
Just one sour note. Ray Buchanan rang to say someone stole the Monster banners, and one of their Quickshades, and asked us to keep an eye out for them

Bugger.  Shouldn't be hard to spot as they would stand out.

Of course I would be checking that container heading for WA .. that mob all looked like escaped cons to me :)  Or maybe those thieving South Australians that Davey was referring to earlier .. they looked as dodgy as hell as well :)

Just joking of course .... the usual inter state rivalry still going strong :)  I would not expect the perpetrators to be one of the excellent VMX community that attended .... maybe some day trippers?  Were they left up after Sunday night Col ?

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 05, 2013, 07:39:41 pm »
Not us we couldn't even get Johns Yammie 125 in there.  Damn pity.
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 05, 2013, 07:41:55 pm »
Are you serious.

I packed my truck late Sunday arvo and slept under the stars. About 2am I woke up, put on my thongs and had a piss. I was awoken shortly after this when I heard some talking. Thinking nothing of it I went back to sleep. When I got up to leave I noticed my thongs had gone missing. I know thongs, stiff shit, but in all the years of being in VMX I have never had one thing stolen. I just hope these two things are not related. I would hate to think that we had a thief roaming around on Sunday night. I had my trailer unlocked and open and have still not unloaded it. I hope nothing was taken from it.
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline VMX Andrew

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 05, 2013, 07:50:37 pm »
Shit Ted you better go an have a look in the back of that trailer.. :o

Simo63

« Reply #113 on: November 05, 2013, 07:53:43 pm »
Are you serious.

I packed my truck late Sunday arvo and slept under the stars. About 2am I woke up, put on my thongs and had a piss. I was awoken shortly after this when I heard some talking. Thinking nothing of it I went back to sleep. When I got up to leave I noticed my thongs had gone missing. I know thongs, stiff shit, but in all the years of being in VMX I have never had one thing stolen. I just hope these two things are not related. I would hate to think that we had a thief roaming around on Sunday night. I had my trailer unlocked and open and have still not unloaded it. I hope nothing was taken from it.

Thongs stolen???  shit Ted, that's serious ..... sounds like the work of those Houso's  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 05, 2013, 08:41:51 pm »
Does anybody know the website for the lady that was taking pics at the Nats on the weekend.
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 05, 2013, 08:47:20 pm »
http://feralwebsites.smugmug.com/
  She in the process of sorting and loading now.  She took over 4700 shots

Barry
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 08:49:27 pm by Tossa »
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline dt tas

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 05, 2013, 09:04:12 pm »
Are you serious.

Gee someone stole your undies must have been hard up :) :) :)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 05, 2013, 09:12:21 pm »
Probably the same mob camped next door from last year, helped themselves to deck chairs, tables and even the kettle.  ::)  :o 
Only to have older Auntie M walk right up to them,giving an ear full. Then taking our WA gear back and emptying their contents off the table onto the ground.  :o  :)
There is benefits of being an older lady  ;)  ;D
Best is in the West !!

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 05, 2013, 09:16:58 pm »
We got a bit pissed on Sunday night so we didn't bother to put the bikes on the trailer or even put the tools away. I had a bit of a panic attack during the wee hours and got up to find tools scattered all over the ground......right where we'd left them ;). A few hours later a huge wind gust blew through the pit area and picked up my Quickshade and threw it over my Jeep, scratching a fair bit of paint off it and depositing a fair bit of white Quikshade paint on the Jeeps black surface......quite a mess but it could have been much worse. Thanks to the young Bowen boys and their mate from Victoria for collecting my Q-shade, folding it up and laying it safely by our trailer before us hungover old farts could get out of bed. ;D
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 09:19:06 pm by firko »
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 05, 2013, 09:30:18 pm »
I left at 10pm after being held to ransome by, Firko, Slakewell, Ted (Geoff Toovey's pillow cushion  ;D) and then the 2 headed houso's from Whyalla, the Monster tent was still up at the main gate at that stage....it shits me when things like that happen.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.