Author Topic: Western Side  (Read 45504 times)

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
Re: Western Side
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2008, 08:01:14 AM »
Photos please.
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2008, 02:28:06 PM »
Not the news we like to read.   :-[ Take care rest up and up and about with a grin or two soon. Yours Tim
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2008, 04:18:19 PM »
Thanks Tim,
just told him what you wrote, and got a medium drugged smile.
Just back from the Orthopedic Surgeon and he said " wait two weeks for another xray"
He also said its good that the breaks are horizontal and not vertical.
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline Tim754

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2008, 06:51:04 PM »
Morphine and Pethidine...... The only two good "MP"s  I know of in a crisis  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;) 
Um horizontal or vertical ??? was he laying down when they took the X Ray Pics????....... Believe it or not my Blonde daughter blurted that one out when she read the post !!!! and I am not letting her forget it OH NO!!!!! ;D :D
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 07:59:11 PM by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2008, 07:15:54 PM »
Morphine and Pethidine...... The only two good "MP"s  I know of in a crisis   
You know I heard that for years, "It's a real buzz...ya feel like ya floating...the best thing about being hurt is the fantastic drugs!"
Well, colour me disillusioned!! >:(

I've had these drugs for various bone breaks and pre-operative mellowings and all I experienced was nausea.
Sat there everytime feeling miserable and teetering on the brink of throwing up; like I felt when Kylie hooked up with Michael Hutchence...

But hey! You didn't drop a Vespa whilst avoiding a pedestrian!
You got hurt racing a motorcycle. And that has serious cred! ;) 8)

Good luck with the mending over there; it's such a drag waiting for things to heal.
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2008, 07:18:15 PM »
Hi Tim, thanks for the regards and advise on the drugs. Bit of a pisser for the end of the year. Was already priming myself for the first water ski of the year. Least the crew wont be arguing about who's driving the boat.  :(
I was hoping that the thing they say about passengers staying passengers and not touching the go fast bit wasn't true, unfortunately I might be proving it to myself. :-\ Still, I couldn't have a sidecar sitting around while my brother was out of action, and given the thing was just sitting there .... someone else was keen to jump on the side.... and ... well you know the story ::). Least this injury is only a bit of a reality / capability reminder and not a show stopper.
cheers
Steven :)
Best is in the West !!

Offline Tim754

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2008, 07:46:51 PM »
Steven ,My eldest son Daniel was always the passenger to his younger ( But way loonier) brother Matt. Yes the first time Daniel took the twistgrip when Matt went to Western Oz (??weird huh) he landed the 754 on his right foot and broke 7 confirmed bones in it ,in reality a lot more, so much they did not bother too operate. he has a limp and a club foot now for life.  Don't stop him bragging about it if people stupidly ask though!
Wombat next time get a descent shot of Maxilon first should settle the tummy ready for cloud 259.... :D   
Broken bones are good for bench racing and later life bulldust :D  but dont try kidney stones........They really are the worst..
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 07:49:52 PM by Tim754 »
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2008, 08:10:30 PM »
Tim,
Kidney stones are just the male version of what a women is feeling during child birth.
SOME call it revenge pain.  :D ;) ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
alison
Best is in the West !!

Offline Tim754

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2008, 10:19:17 AM »
Incorrect according to the nursing sisters that attended, All three had had both and soundly voted the stones far worse by far for excruciating nastiness, mind you kids are painfull for years and years;)  ...................... But then again my last stone had some spikes on it and tore a gash 50 mil long in my left lower kidney and down the uthera till it became stuck in transit, then good grief they operated on my ##### to remove it.... :P Hows hubbies arm gees not has drinking  one is it!!!! ;)
Hey the surgeons name was Professor Richard Stone!!!! Yep Dick Stone removed the stone from my......... :D :D :D :D :D
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 10:23:29 AM by Tim754 »
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2008, 08:18:34 PM »
felt I had to remove pic to keep peace  :-\

the weekend
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 11:13:20 AM by vmx247 »
Best is in the West !!

YSS

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2008, 03:13:36 PM »
Do you have more ? Allison

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2008, 03:21:42 PM »
Still trying to get the pixels right so they come out ok.
Freaky and Firko gave me some tips,but this computer doesn't have much bling,also being in the bush with shit satellite doesn't help much. ;D

« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 05:23:08 PM by vmx247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2008, 03:39:27 PM »
Best is in the West !!

YSS

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2008, 03:48:49 PM »