Author Topic: Suzuki Classic Dirt 10 - To be or not to be?  (Read 18596 times)

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
Re: Suzuki Classic Dirt 10 - To be or not to be?
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2013, 07:32:42 pm »
Just out of curiosity, has the event been promoted in the mainstream press at all? I don't think I've seen it in DA or ADB. Is it worth posting a blurb on the various Facebook pages - eg DA, ADB, etc? I have been surprised by the lack of enthusiasm shown here on the forum too, most years there is a lot of hype and discussion but this year not so much.

While I know not everyone is on this site, a LOT are, and they have mates and so on. Everyone needs to push the event and get people registering if they want to come. How about the various clubs like VIPER, QVMX, HEAVEN etc? Maybe an email to members or a post on their websites and Facebook pages.

I am happy to post up a link on the various VMX/MX websites and DT sites I frequent.

Graeme, yes it has been promoted in Trailzone.  Not ADB or DA.

oldfart

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2013, 07:32:47 pm »
What numbers do you have so far and at what point will you pull the pin.

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2013, 07:37:11 pm »
What numbers do you have so far and at what point will you pull the pin.

The numbers we have are decent but not enough.  We will pull the pin if we don't get more people. 

No further detail will be provided nor is it relevant!

You are either planning to go or not, if you are, you need to pre-register to ride!

dirtrumpy

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2013, 08:02:57 pm »
Entry Emailed :)

Offline marshallmech

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2013, 08:13:11 pm »
 I printed entry filled it in put credit card details on it emailed it to club got cofirmation email next day its not hard did this about a month ago hope its not cancelled didnt enter a few races in vic in prep for CD
Andy Viper #70
Honda CR125 RB
Honda CR125RC
Honda CR125RA
Honda CR250RZ
Honda Z50A

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2013, 08:38:05 pm »
Because of the Classic Nats being held in Qld now, QVMX had to change our last meet which is our trophy presentation, dinner, AGM, practice weekend with camping at our Bidaddaba track. MQ would not give us a permit for that date now that they are holding the meeting and the only other date available to us was the CD date (other meetings after this date had to be considered as well). A real pain in the arse as it effects us and CD. :(...not happy jan.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2013, 09:27:02 pm »
Give it a flucking break Nathan. >:(  You just don't know when to quit do you?
I printed and sent via fax and didnt hear anything , either by mail or email , when I rang and spoke to Ken he informs me that they dont send a confirmation WTF

printed entry filled it in put credit card details on it emailed it to club got cofirmation email next day its not hard did this about a month ago hope its not cancelled didn't enter a few races in vic in prep for CD
I entered myself and a mate on my card and heard back from Manly club to confirm a day or two later. A week or so later I entered for another mate who's away overseas on business but haven't heard back from Manly with confirmation. Not a complaint, just stating my situation. I really hope everyone can help pull this together, we have seen Classic Dirt grow over the last 13 years to become our sports holy grail, a VMX Woodstock. It'll be a tragedy beyond salvation if the event had to be cancelled so if you can enter, please do it now.

'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline nada

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2013, 09:42:09 pm »
Pull your head out of your arse Firko, He has a fair point!
Cheers

Nada
Honda is the only way to roll!

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2013, 09:45:59 pm »
Give it a flucking break Nathan. >:(  You just don't know when to quit do you?

You know I don't.
But fork me... If CD10 goes down due to lack of numbers while refusing to accept entries from people with VMX bikes, then the problem isn't my inability to let stupidity slide.

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2013, 09:46:15 pm »
Maybe. But now's not the time to bring it all up again.
Here's the link to the entries.
http://manlywarringahmcc.com.au/suzuki-classic-dirt-10/
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline nada

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2013, 09:48:21 pm »
Maybe. But now's not the time to bring it all up again.
Here's the link to the entries.
http://manlywarringahmcc.com.au/suzuki-classic-dirt-10/

NO, NOT MAYBE! Were the future of this sport, and all you old farts are shitting in our face, Maybe is the wake up call!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers

Nada
Honda is the only way to roll!

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2013, 10:01:02 pm »
and all you old farts are shitting in our face
Lovely....thanks mate.

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2013, 10:04:39 pm »
Nathan and Firko, Both good VMX folk.
I think pre 90 may boost the numbers too. I have no bikes newer than 1983 in my VMXers so i have no vested interest. after all an 89 bike is twenty something years old....
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

albrid-3

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2013, 10:16:17 pm »
I have send my entry off. all good.