Author Topic: Suzuki Classic Dirt 10 - To be or not to be?  (Read 18591 times)

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
Suzuki Classic Dirt 10 - To be or not to be?
« on: September 03, 2013, 05:47:48 pm »
OK guys and girls.  We know things are very depressing recently and that makes it hard to get motivated to do anything.  With the recent demise of some key events in VMX this year, it's obvious that everyone is struggling a little.

That general malaise has also affected rider pre-registration for Suzuki Classic Dirt 10, with rider registrations significantly lower than last year at this stage of the game.

Classic Dirt is an extremely high cost event to run and VMX magazine is at best, a small business.  Consequently, we must run the event on at least a break-even basis as a bare minimum.  Currently, rider registration numbers are not enough to give us any confidence that we will get the attendance necessary to meet that requirement.

So, this post is to advise that if you ARE intending to come to Suzuki Classic Dirt 10 and ride, and you HAVEN'T registered to ride as yet, you need to do so by the end of this week, because we will be making a GO / NO GO decision at that time.

Obviously, not everyone who comes to CD is on this forum.  Please contact any friends you know in your circle of friends or club and let them know, in case they were planning to come to CD10 and haven't registered yet.

This information is also going to be posted on the VMX Magazine Facebook page.

It would obviously be very disappointing to have to cancel the event this year, so it's up to you, out there in VMX land to ensure it happens!

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Suzuki Classic Dirt 10 - To be or not to be?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 06:01:38 pm »
come on guys the Air Unzes flights are paid for, lets do it
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 06:06:09 pm »
The big thing for me was no online registration. My apathetic ways means downloading and printing a form then posting it snail mail and needing a check goes to the too hard basket. 
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 06:16:38 pm »
So were you not planning on coming because of that?

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 06:20:20 pm »
I love CD it's always a priority
I have not entered because of the system I'm GUNNA do it this week.   
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 06:26:12 pm »
The entry form has the ability to use a credit card, and presumably you can email a scanned copy to MWMCC or fax.  So there's not really any reason why you can't enter electronically....  ???
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 07:30:51 pm by AjayVMX »

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 06:45:10 pm »
It better not be cancelled, you'll never get another one off the ground if you do!  If you don't get the pre-entry numbers, just down-size the over-heads.  This event MUST run ..... regardless.
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 06:45:26 pm »
Just out of curiosity, has the event been promoted in the mainstream press at all? I don't think I've seen it in DA or ADB. Is it worth posting a blurb on the various Facebook pages - eg DA, ADB, etc? I have been surprised by the lack of enthusiasm shown here on the forum too, most years there is a lot of hype and discussion but this year not so much.

While I know not everyone is on this site, a LOT are, and they have mates and so on. Everyone needs to push the event and get people registering if they want to come. How about the various clubs like VIPER, QVMX, HEAVEN etc? Maybe an email to members or a post on their websites and Facebook pages.

I am happy to post up a link on the various VMX/MX websites and DT sites I frequent.

Offline Billet YZ

• Legend
  • Melton Victoria.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2013, 06:56:37 pm »
I have just sent an email out to all Viper members including a copy of Ajays post , fingers crossed CD10 goes ahead.  Regards Peter.
YAMAHA  you know you want one !!!  Viper #50

Offline neil

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2013, 07:06:29 pm »
Ajay,  there are 3 of us from Melbourne planning on coming to this. we are all first timers

Didnt realise that we had to pre register, can you give us some details on how and where to do this?

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile

Offline gt96

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2013, 07:17:11 pm »
The big thing for me was no online registration. My apathetic ways means downloading and printing a form then posting it snail mail and needing a check goes to the too hard basket.

Print form, fill in with credit card details for payment, scan and email it.
If you haven't got a scanner, use your phone camera or whatever other digital device you have, save & attach to email.
Voila!

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2013, 07:28:07 pm »
It better not be cancelled, you'll never get another one off the ground if you do!  If you don't get the pre-entry numbers, just down-size the over-heads.  This event MUST run ..... regardless.

Nice idea John, but not possible.  The venue has the vast majority of the costs fixed, so basically we need a minimum attendance to make it work.

You can be assured that we WANT it to happen, but the lack of obvious support so far has been very disappointing, to say the least.  :(

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2013, 07:30:56 pm »
Sorry i cannot go. there is another event that weekend that i committed to...
Brett
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline scottm

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2013, 07:32:35 pm »
I printed and sent via fax and didnt hear anything , either by mail or email , when I rang and spoke to Ken he informs me that they dont send a confirmation WTF

so unless I check my bank statements Im not sure if Im registered or not , spoke to others and same ?
pre 84 thank you very much