Author Topic: KLX 250  (Read 1256 times)

Offline head

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
KLX 250
« on: August 31, 2013, 06:51:48 pm »
I have two KLX's and one has to go to fund the build for the other one. I will be taking it to CD10. I have taken a couple of photos today. But bike will get a little more attention before CD10. It has good chrome on fork slides below triple clamp and has been fitted with new seals and oil. Rear shocks have had Schrader valves fitted, new oil and recharged with Nitrogen. Bump stops are good. I have not ridden this bike but top end has been off, looks a recent piston in STD bore 70mm, Good not flogged out head, cam and rockers good. I did give the valves a Lapping. Has good compression. I will have motor running hopefully soon. It needs a new foam air filter. It has good hubs and rims, but spokes are rusty. In my opinion wheels need a going over. STD pipe and carby. Good chain guides and slides. New 78/79 front and rear guards. Original seat cover with a few small holes, but looks ok. Bike still needs a little work to complete but most of hard work is done.

Offline head

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: KLX 250
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 07:03:58 pm »
Unsure of price, depending on what else I get done to it before CD10, Will also have fresh engine oil and new oil filter fitted. Will probably ask somewhere in the vicinity of $1500 ono. Maybe.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 09:24:44 pm by head »

Offline head

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: KLX 250
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2013, 03:15:59 pm »
Almost got this ready. Rode it today and every thing feels great. Will need a new air filter. Hopefully someone will take it off my hands at CD10.