Author Topic: Eleven Years Straight  (Read 5140 times)

Offline suzuki59

• Legend
  • Kiwi VMX
    • View Profile
Eleven Years Straight
« on: August 24, 2013, 07:21:05 pm »
See you next year Wallabies, another t-shirt for Bazza Uncle Firko  ;D

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Eleven Years Straight
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 08:03:18 pm »
11 years straight and wallabies only have won 5 of last 31 tests!!! Was Deans really that bad. Wallabies could not even catch a high ball, the soft forwards got worse.Full back has two good attacking wingers outside him and kicked every ball rather than counter attack. All blacks bought on the young players after the world cup may be wallabies need to do same and the yappies will be tuffer up front than us. Great to see #6 jesus in a blue and white jersey have a blinder in his second test. Yes Craig, Bazza 's Tee Shirt emporium having another bumper season,i did buy Firko a consolation tee while i was in canada.
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 08:47:37 pm »
And they call the maroons great after 8 in a row.
Might have to get a silver fern tattoo :D

Offline suzuki59

• Legend
  • Kiwi VMX
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 10:22:14 pm »

Just in case you didn't catch the reason for this post.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 10:28:57 pm »
There's always the Rugby League I suppose. Don't forget that our girls won the Netball..............I know, I'm clutching at straws but the ref was as bloody woeful as the Wallabies.  What Kiwis don't understand though is that Rugby Union is the # 4 code in Australia....imagine the team we could put on the paddock if Rugby League didn't get the pick of the talent? There'd be no contest.
Bring on Argentina....we might be able to beat them :-[ :-[ :-[.

I'll repeat the little snippet out of this mornings paper I posted elsewhere...........

The great John Eales addressed the players in the locker room after last weeks piss poor Wallaby effort.  Apparently he let fly with a monster spray....this is a small part of it.
"Twenty percent of you are letting down the other 80 per cent. That 20 per cent  are the same twenty percent  who have their mobile phones in their hands right now, the same twenty percent are the ones on the piss midweek instead of complying with team rules. So put your flucking phones away right now".  That just about says it all really, if they don't perform tonight it's time for those 20 per cent to fluck off............Time for some wholesale changes for players who respect the gold jersey.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 10:34:27 pm by firko »
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 11:09:42 pm »
Still got the bunnies hey Mark ;D.....please don't put the mockers on them like every other bloody team you've backed this year.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline suzuki59

• Legend
  • Kiwi VMX
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013, 08:47:11 am »
Uncle you are correct re The competing codes issue in Aussie,but you have probably forgotten the slight population differences ie NZ 4.4million,Oztralia 22 million.......

Offline yamaico

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2013, 09:46:52 am »
Bring on Argentina....we might be able to beat them :-[ :-[ :-[.

Try the Saint Kentigern School for Girls in Auckland. I hear that their under 8's have a bye next Saturday and are looking for a bit of a run.

Offline suzuki59

• Legend
  • Kiwi VMX
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2013, 05:28:19 am »
Hey Uncle sorry about those rascally rabbits last night....

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2013, 06:12:18 am »
 Now the rabbits no Mum Burgess is bigger than the club, what crap
you win on the field boys
Dissapointing,Inglis best in game with good try,but SBW out played him
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 07:28:06 am by bazza »
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2013, 08:16:12 am »
I got the feeling Sonny Bill got a bit pissed off when Inglis pushed him aside and so he went on to prove a point.
A bit disappointed with the Bunnies when they let that second try in and they all started pointing fingers at each other. Not a good sign for any 'team'.

Offline VMX Andrew

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2013, 09:29:24 am »
Couldnt help myself on this one and sorry for hyjacking this thread
but didnt Suzuki win 11 staright titles from the mid 70s till 85 then Cagiva took over ???

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2013, 09:32:07 am »
Can't talk VMX here mate...rugby only :D
I think you are correct, Suzuki won 10 or 11 125cc champs then some time later Yamaha might have done 10.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2013, 09:46:52 am »
Don't panic boys. Every team has an off night....Roosters have come back off three duds in a row for fluck sake. All will be OK but I still think Melbourne are the team to beat. Bazza, if the two crosses to Mrs Burgess enjoying herself offend you, you're missing the point that the Burgess family is the best positive Rugby League story of the year. She's a character and a nice little side story as opposed to drunken fools drinking pineapple Cruisers on roofs or weekly story of yet another club imploding at board level. Julie and he boys bring a nice family edge to the game....they're genuinely nice people so what's wrong with the TV producers promoting that?

Let's not forget that my beloved Wallabies take on the Saffies in Brisbane tonight. I've got a few mates coming over for the game so my old 93 year old Mum has promised to wear a Wallaby jersey while she's barracking .......I'll post a photo. Let's hope Folau at fullback sees him get more ball. I like the Honey Badger (Cummings) on the wing too, he never stops.....South Africa by 2.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2013, 10:30:39 am »
I too was disappointed with the Bunnies....they turned into marshmellows after 20 minutes....I'm still keeping my fingers crossed they can make it....this game was there wake up call.....they started strong for a change but then went to sleep. I'm with Firko with the Burgess boys and there mum....great feel good story and the footy shows Beau Ryan takes the piss out of "Sammy Boyle " and his bro's.....very well done. SBW smashed em. The League World Cup at the end of the season is going to be the best one ever with the amount of talent available for all the countries.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.