Author Topic: 2013 Classic MX Championships Cancelled  (Read 45028 times)

Offline NSR

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
Re: 21013 Classic MX Championships Cancelled
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2013, 08:15:55 pm »
What date is it?  Was there supp Regs out for it? 
The Swvm though the tree's! http://youtu.be/4h6BbasT16I
Metalink Conondale vinduro sprint. May 19/20 2018    
www.metalink.net.au  Bike trailers & Canopies

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2013, 08:17:56 pm »
no Sup Reg 1-3 Nov. 
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline NSR

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2013, 08:20:20 pm »
no Sup Reg 1-3 Nov.

Thanks

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2013, 08:33:02 pm »
Can someone go around to Firko's place and make sure he's OK....the poor bugga's Rabbito's are coping a pasting from Melbourne (funny how they cant win a game with Inglis out) and when he reads this he will have a heart attack.....maybe just call an Ambo instead.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2013, 08:55:02 pm »
This is bullshit! You southerners have got some serious issues!
Looks like all the titles from now on will be Qld Titles..
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 08:58:04 pm by JohnnyO »

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2013, 08:57:31 pm »
There's also the fact that the Mr Vintage Motocross is history as well after 2 poorly attended meetings.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2013, 09:00:32 pm »
There's also the fact that the Mr Vintage Motocross is history as well after 2 poorly attended meetings.
Yep I don't get it, NSW has gone from hero to zero in the VMX scene over the last decade.

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2013, 09:15:14 pm »
Although I have no active involvement in Vintage MX in Canberra, I was following the progress of the Classic MX titles with interest and was looking forward to attending the evnt (as a helper/spectator, not a competitor). So I am gob-smacked by this outcome - I haven't even heard a hint of this before now.

Here is a press release issued by the club today.

MEDIA RELEASE

ACTMCC Withdraws Bid for
2013 Australian Classic Motocross Championships

The President of the ACT Motorcycle Club, Mr Kevin MacGregor has announced the club has withdrawn its bid to host the 2013 Australian Classic Motocross Championships.

Mr MacGregor said “The ACTMCC has a long and proud history of presenting successful state and national titles.  So is with a great deal of regret and careful consideration that the club has reluctantly advised Motorcycling Australia of this decision”

“The ACTMCC has worked closely with Motorcycling Australia to prepare for this event and has undertaken extensive work on the redevelopment of the Kumagutsa circuit, with final preparation of the circuit planned at the end of winter” he said.

Mr Macgregor acknowledged the concerns raised by a few members of the classic motocross community about the preparedness of the Kumagutsa circuit.  Mr MacGregor said “this was a little disappointing given the ACTMCC’s successful history, unwavering commitment to rider safety and professional events team”.

Mr Macgregor went on to say “these concerns resulted in Motorcycling Australia being required to provide a higher level of scrutiny than the ACTMCC has previously experienced.  This in turn resulted in cost overruns and in this difficult economic climate additional corporate support was unable to be secured to ensure the success of the event”.

“The ACTMCC withdrawal will enable Motorcycling Australia to focus on the remaining bids to host this event.  We wish the host club and the event every success” Mr MacGregor added.

Mr MacGregor also thanked the sponsors that had committed to the event and advised the ACTMCC would be in contact to annul their agreements.   

Kevin MacGregor
President

Approved for release 9 August 2013.

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2013, 09:29:46 pm »
Yes pathetic, although I do wonder how much the negativity on this forum influenced the outcome.

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2013, 09:37:09 pm »

MEDIA RELEASE

ACTMCC Withdraws Bid for
2013 Australian Classic Motocross Championships

Mr Macgregor acknowledged the concerns raised by a few members of the classic motocross community about the preparedness of the Kumagutsa circuit.  Mr MacGregor said “this was a little disappointing given the ACTMCC’s successful history, unwavering commitment to rider safety and professional events team”.

Mr Macgregor went on to say “these concerns resulted in Motorcycling Australia being required to provide a higher level of scrutiny than the ACTMCC has previously experienced.  This in turn resulted in cost overruns and in this difficult economic climate additional corporate support was unable to be secured to ensure the success of the event”.

Well I think these two paragraphs go a long way to explaining the reasons.

Those that did their best to cast doubt on this event seem to have succeeded. And that would include the crap that was posted on this forum by some.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Classic MX Championships Cancelled
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2013, 09:44:12 pm »
If there's problems beyond the track not being ready, I'd say that ACTMCC politics had more influence than these forums.
Apart from anything else, the discussions on OzVMX featured a heavy focus on the suitability of the main MX track - if it was simply about MA being heavy on the Kumagutsa track, the club has an alternative that is certain to satisfy MA.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2013, 09:52:18 pm »
If there's problems beyond the track not being ready, I'd say that ACTMCC politics had more influence than these forums.
Apart from anything else, the discussions on OzVMX featured a heavy focus on the suitability of the main MX track - if it was simply about MA being heavy on the Kumagutsa track, the club has an alternative that is certain to satisfy MA.

So Nathan do you think the club should have kept pouring money into Karmagutsa just to have some bitch run to MA and tell them that the track would not be up to holding a title?

Judging by the naysayers on here the second track option would appear to only have a future of undersubscribed classes and cancellation due to lack of numbers.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 09:55:50 pm by 2-NINE-7 »

Offline 35elsinore

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2013, 09:53:41 pm »
Is 3 months enough time to organize another venue.
Were there any other clubs that put in for it ?

Queenslanders do a great job but you need to get over yourselves.
Would love to go to WA, anyone keen over there.

Offline NSR

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2013, 09:54:06 pm »
There must be more to it than this forum.
Why do people get hung up about negative posts before there event?  At least people are passionate about, and talking about your event and then it's up to the club to prove them wrong.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2013, 10:00:17 pm »
I'm not the least surprised but let's forget the blame game for a while and try and do something positive to get this happening, preferably in NSW. I'm absolutely disgusted right at this moment and embarrassed for my State. As Johnny O said, NSW led the way a decade ago but somewhere along the way the focus was lost. Can HEAVEN run it at Buladelah? Hunter at Barleigh Ranch? Is there a country club with the balls and self belief to have a go?

I feel for the West Aussies right now.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha