Author Topic: The reborn JT gear is now discontinued.  (Read 1550 times)

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
The reborn JT gear is now discontinued.
« on: August 07, 2013, 02:11:57 pm »
Some of you may have already noticed that JT has brought out new model riding gear but they have also discontinued their 'rebirth' gear, I like wearing the 'new' original JT gear as I think it is classic like the bikes we ride.

JT is specialing-out all the old gear (what's left of it) at crazy low prices but won't supply Australia as McLeods are the importer, but McLeods aren't offering the discounts that JT are in the States.

I was speaking to Jason Weaver at East Coast vintage in the States, he is happy to pass on the discounts if we want to consolidate an order for Oz, anyone interested?
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: The reborn JT gear is now discontinued.
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 02:17:13 pm »
We had Mcleods at the Conondale Classic on the weekend selling the stuff through a dealer for the same prices in the states...$100 for pants and shirts....they sold shitloads.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Simo63

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 02:24:35 pm »

JT is specialing-out all the old gear (what's left of it) at crazy low prices but won't supply Australia as McLeods are the importer, but McLeods aren't offering the discounts that JT are in the States.

I can't comment on what they may or may not be doing elsewhere JO but I can tell you that I purchased no less than 4 sets (pants and shirts) ** of the JT nostalgic gear at the Conondale Classic on the weekend for a mere $100 each set  8)   And the matching gloves were only $20 each (although I managed to get them for $10 each due to buying so many sets of gear .. plus got a free JT hat as well .... top bloke that young Josh fella  ;D )

Or you could get the Jersey and gloves for $40  8)

And JT Helmets were only $150  8)

**Note the 4 sets were not all for me .... one was for my long suffering wife who rarely rides ;)

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 02:28:40 pm »
Oh bummer, you lucky cunz  ;-)

Offline bishboy

• Legend
  • Toowoomba
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 03:35:22 pm »
The JT website has some limited stock of the black retro gear on sale with free US shipping, although sizing is limited: 
- pants, jersey and gloves  US$80
- pants, jersey, gloves and helmet  US$150
Good prices if you don'g mind a bit of mix and match clothing, just have to get it sent here cheaply...

So who was selling them cheaply here, do they have a website/shop??

Simo63

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2013, 03:37:39 pm »
So who was selling them cheaply here, do they have a website/shop??

It was McLeods from what I could see.  Might be worth calling them directly to see what they have left.

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 06:40:21 pm »
Shoulda told me what you were doing Chris, I went through exactly the same thing as you.

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2013, 07:31:58 pm »
I thought about the bulk buy deal you were talking about John but thought it would get a bit messy for you with sizing,colours etc not being available & you having to do all the groundwork so decided to do it myself,thanks for the offer anyway mate :) 

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2013, 07:34:49 pm »
I got some be careful the one of ebay wouldn't combine my postage they gave a small discount but bugger all make sure you ask them before hitting buy it now.
1971 tm400 and PE's