Author Topic: QVMX ECHO VALLEY RD5  (Read 10027 times)

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: QVMX ECHO VALLEY RD5
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2013, 11:14:19 am »
Don't know Vaughn, I will find out, if there is it will be cheap....or we can put it on your tab. ;D
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2013, 11:32:46 am »
Thanks Crocket, yeah just wack it on, everyone else does.... :)

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2013, 11:56:47 am »
Got a guy that wants to bring a minibus of spectators in from the west, will there be a gate entry fee for them, if so, how much??

Unless the meeting is permitted as a Inter-Club Commercial there can't be a spectator charge. You should know that John after Conondale.

Vaughn it is a two day meeting you have to be there Saturday to help the clubs set up and water the track.

Where are the road works. Can we just head towards Warwick from Gatton and come in on the Warwick road.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 11:59:39 am by KTM47 »
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2013, 01:19:08 pm »
It's a 1 day meeting and no charge to get in.

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2013, 04:46:28 pm »
Thanks guys, I've let them know they can bring all of Dalby if they want.

Offline popeye

• Legend
  • 1-2-3 wheel's l don't care...All good fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2013, 06:49:34 pm »
I was up there last night Kev and there are 3 lots of road works, the worst being the range, single lane up and down, more just this side of Helidon and again at Minden, so pot luck with the Traffic, you can go through Walloon to Laidley then to Gatton and up the back way to Clifton Dryton area, I'm going up Cunninghams Gap and through Goomburra State Forrest, its about 30 klms longer but no Traffic at all.
IN IT FOR THE FUN OF IT. LIKE MR NIKE SAYS JUST DO IT.

oldfart

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2013, 07:20:58 pm »
Pops,  are you saying  the Traffic is going to be bad with the trip home ..... 

Offline popeye

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2013, 07:31:32 pm »
Luck of the draw Stewy I think,  Saturday  arvo or Sunday morning I don't think you will have an issue, but hey I could be wrong, I'd be leaving a little early if I was going on Sunday morning that's all.

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2013, 10:13:54 pm »
I was up there last night Kev and there are 3 lots of road works, the worst being the range, single lane up and down, more just this side of Helidon and again at Minden, so pot luck with the Traffic, you can go through Walloon to Laidley then to Gatton and up the back way to Clifton Dryton area, I'm going up Cunninghams Gap and through Goomburra State Forrest, its about 30 klms longer but no Traffic at all.

I'll be coming from QMP so I will just go over to Aratula then head towards Warwick and come in from the Warwick Toowoomba road. I'll try it out this weekend.

Kevin

Offline popeye

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2013, 06:21:02 am »
That's the best way from QMP Kevin, I'm going up this weekend as well for the MX nationals so I will see you up there Kev....  Be interesting to see what changes they have made to the track...

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2013, 08:45:51 am »
When your there can you please ask the club how we can put the big hill back for the nats

Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2013, 09:18:24 am »
The matterhorn is still there Mic. You should get the Horwoods to come up and have a ride in a couple of weeks....I think Army and Deacon are riding....Get those big KTM's fired up again. 8)

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2013, 09:37:17 am »
The run down that hill, from skyline will be there. The Mattahorn may not all the dirt is gone and it is down to rock, but they may put it back for this week. We had a ThunderX meeting there one year. The track was run backwards, I remember passing three bikes going up towards the Mattahorn (backwards). I pulled across and filled each one in as I went by, (Maico 490 power).

As for roadworks if you are coming from Northside of Brisbane just go through Esk/Crows Nest. That's the way I will be going home to Redcliffe.

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2013, 12:29:02 pm »
The matterhorn is still there Mic. You should get the Horwoods to come up and have a ride in a couple of weeks....I think Army and Deacon are riding....Get those big KTM's fired up again. 8)

John as much as I love to be racing at that great track it is on the same weekend as Crawthford river classic which is 30 min from my house not 7hrs.
The CRC is a cool track as well so it's all good. Not sure what the boys are up to regarding Toowoomba they haven't yet made a decision that I know off. Pete and Brad could go to either race. Will be there for Nats thou with bells on. My tricked up 84 KTM 495 will be sorted and race ready.   
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline bishboy

• Legend
  • Toowoomba
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2013, 04:47:03 pm »
If you're coming from Brisbane, you could turn at Blacksoil towards Fernvale and Esk and turn onto the Esk-Hampton Road and then head to Toowoomba from Hampton, it's about 50km longer than going up the range, but with all the road works it may be quicker. 

If you're as far north as Burpengary or Caboolture, the quickest way is Woodford, Kilcoy, Toogoolawah, Crows Nest to Toowoomba

Another way to avoid the range itself is to take the Spring Bluff/Murphys Creek turnoff just after you get off the Gatton bypass.  Its nearly 20km longer, but depends how long it takes to get up the range.