Author Topic: Not VMX politics  (Read 1052 times)

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
Not VMX politics
« on: July 15, 2013, 09:09:01 am »
Gee I'm glad we as a society have the right to vote, however my current dilemma is considering who to give my precious vote to. The chaotic Labor mob with the Milky Bar kid running the show, the Mad Monk with his 'team' of head kicking thugs or the loopy Greens with that vicious bastard of a thing leading them with the vacuous Sarah Hanson as her assistant. Talk about spoiled for choice! I feel compelled to perhaps have a chat to my local independent however he or she is. While I think about when has the term "career politician" snuck into the lingo. Surely that implies that you will say and do anything to stay elected at every election as its your livelihood. It hardly suggests you will have the courage of your convictions (if you had any in the first place!) while I'm at it what about we revisit the notion of members actually behaving honourably. J Sorry I haven't had my Snickers bar yet!

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
Re: Not VMX politics
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 10:11:24 am »
Do you think if Joe hocky or Malcolm Turnbull would be better? I think either would get more votes than Tony.
On one hand I would like Labour to get back in because short term it would be best for me. But i know deep down that Liberal is the only way to have a better future for our kids.
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 10:52:05 am »
Not sure about Mal after that disgraceful Godwin Grech thing, he forgot to do due diligence on his info and made an ill advised (by his pushy wife!) grab for power. Gotta question his judgement after that clanger. Joe seems like a nice bloke and that makes me nervous too. J

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 11:21:14 am »
If we're just going to be slagging off at individual politicians:
Joe Hockey is not a bright man - certainly already elevated beyond his level of ability.
When he was a minister under Howard, ministerial briefs needed pictures in them. So instead of factual  statements like "80% of families will receive a $5 increase, 10% will have no change, and 10% will lose $15" (for example), he needed little pictures with captions: "John and Jane will receive an extra $5 every week. Max and Sally will lose $15 every week, while Fred and Julie have no change".
True story.

I've said for some time that Gillard's greatest asset was Abbott, and Abbott's greatest asset was Gillard. They both seemed hell-bent on a race to the bottom. Now Gillard is out of the picture, and Rudd is clearly trying to change tack, it will be interesting to see how things unfold.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 01:36:51 pm »
Mate of mine in local politics got voted in again.
Said to me , with amazement in his voice " Mike they are paying me to do what I used to do for free ".

Makes you wonder how we'd go if all the positions were honorary.
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.