Author Topic: Not VMX..Need a new Mobile Phone.  (Read 5375 times)

Offline mick25

• Legend
  • Hunter valley NSW
    • View Profile
Re: Not VMX..Need a new Mobile Phone.
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2014, 06:11:08 pm »
I cant see a prob with the ph mick ;) its that other thing at the bottom of your posts that's going to cause heart attacks  :P

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2014, 07:21:15 pm »
Aldi has a simple, big numeral key, phone for about $50.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Sorelegs11

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2014, 07:37:24 pm »
If live in or know somone in Newcastle there is a low mielage Sony, flash harry type rig going cheep, laying somewhere between Wareners Bay and Barleigh Ranch so keep your eyes peeled.  ;)
I had to get the old tradie type replacement out and its a pisser, reealy loud ringer, big buttons but I can,t read the bloody screen without some goggles on so I'd recomend one of those modern rigs, they do come in a tradie style, crap and water (yeah right) proof and they get replaced by new models faster than they can make adds for them so they're not that expensive.
The best part is that you can read em with dirt in your eyes.
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2014, 08:57:26 pm »
I started this nearly a year ago, I ended up with an I phone, must say it's awesome and I have learnt all sorts of things on it.....one thing we did do was change to TELSTRA.....as much as I don't like them they have the best coverage bar none....we got sick of all the Optus/Vodaphone whoever bullshit about upgrading the coverage that never happens. I wouldn't mind one of those wobbly chicks over the page.... ;D
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2014, 09:32:18 pm »
I can outdo Firko this time as I reckon I am more phone illiterate than he could ever be - ask my kids - saying that - I am an Iphone convert - geez they are easy to use after 5 minutes of swearing first time out  ;D
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2014, 09:51:56 pm »
Samsung S4 (with a big rubberised cover is awesome though the new HTC is supposed to be the new black, a company in the US ordered 18,000,000 of them and expected to sell those in the first month. Telstra ordered 4000 and expects to sell those in a day or 2.
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2014, 09:10:51 pm »
just a heads up, I wouldn't dive into one of these new Samsung S5's

I wouldn't have touched 'em with a barge pole if I had played with one first.
I am completely pissed off, massive step backwards compared to the way and simplicity of my old operating system.
 >:( this piece of crap would be going in the mia slot if my old phone would accept the new micro sim.
the software writers should be hung out to dry.
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2014, 04:00:21 pm »
Don't worry about the phone Mick......just keep posting so we never lose the little lovely at the end of your posts  ;D
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2014, 10:09:29 am »
Dam shame, there must have been some lookers, she maxed out my photo-bucket usage allowance.
They made me pay for an upgrade to get back on line >:( ::)
So I had to delete her to keep my budget in order ::)
Oy yoy yoy :o I have never known one that doesn't have some sort of cost attached ::)

Doesn't seem to stop us fools for long though,,,he he
i can hardly wait for my turn to be f=7*ed over again 8) 8) 8) ;D   ;D ;D :)

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2014, 10:17:59 am »
Bugger.....she's gone  :(

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2014, 11:07:01 am »
So the phone so far;
I don't like being forced, I get pissed off every-time they change the shelves at woolies >:(  how many brain memory cells & time, do these turds think I can spare >:(

If you want to get the most out of it, I have conceded that you virtually have to submit to the Samsung/Google alliance. I suppose its just like having to swallow iTunes etc if you have a music lust on your iPhone.
There are some great iPhone apps been wrtten, but don't forget they are immediately mirrored for the Android System these days, and visa-versa ;)

The capabilities of the Sam s5 actually start coming alive if you submit to the full Samsung and Google services, IE; Google Chrome etc, etc. Expand, load and learn Chrome to your home PCs to tap into the huge potential on offer from networking and interface.

It gives some great new tech, though some conveniences have been lost >:(  and I can see no other reason for their removal then a intentional strategy to force you down their(Samsung/Google,,,,,telstra) path, so they can collect data on you. They are making it impossible and impractical to avoid. It strengthens their grip. No doubt their intent, is that the user becomes dependent on them. Eventually the powers to be will safely be able to predict your every next move, intention, thoughts, geographic destinations, favorites and habits, etc. The lure is strong. Much to be had, just submit ::) ::) :-\ :'(

On the up side,
SCREEN,
this is the first screen EVER that I can read easily in direct sunlight. It was reviewed as the brightest screen on offer, highly likely to be true. Also I never ran a plastic film scratch saver on my old Samsung, don't have to(patented Gorrilla glass). Now they reckon it is upgraded as well, even stronger and tougher, they say.
At first I hated the larger size, but I am adapting and coming to accept. I now realize just how brilliant this thing is for watching entertainment in Travel, movies, etc or work WITHOUT the battery going flat.

BATTERY LIFE; well i can safely say throw all the old and others in the bin. It is way more than a quantum leap. I am blown away with the new battery life.
on the first charge, i ran it for over twelve hours, yes thats right!!!!!!! and I have still yet to engage several of the main power save features. I was up to 2.30 am trying to flatten it for its 2nd charge. All at the same time I had the torch, music etc etc turned on. I gave up at 2.30am and through it on the charger, while it still had 5% batt left.

Anyhow I have learnt HEAPS more about it, but I wont bore you any longer.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 11:54:51 am by Mick D »

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2014, 11:13:42 am »

Aarrh, there you go, but don't get greedy this time ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 11:34:56 am by Mick D »

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2014, 12:54:08 pm »

Aarrh, there you go, but don't get greedy this time ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thanks Mick  8)