Author Topic: Liberal liar  (Read 6241 times)

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Liberal liar
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2013, 08:16:13 pm »
How do you know i wasn't in a 40 zone? ;D

Saturday morning, 6 am......School zones aren't in force, ya dumb shit ::)
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

mainline

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2013, 08:45:10 pm »
Maybe I should have made the (unfortunately-required-so-that-stupid-pricks-know-it's-a-joke) smiley face a bit bigger?

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2013, 08:59:41 pm »
Yep, all liars. I still cannot understand how an unnamed ex prime minister can lie every day for three years and look into the camera every other day and smile as if he or she is doing a great job. Absolute psycho. More to be pitied than hated.
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2013, 09:33:12 pm »
There are plenty of "experts" who will claim that a zero road toll is realistic...
Untimely deaths are tragic and horrible - of course we all benefit from fewer of them - but anyone who claims that the road toll can be zero, is a dangerous fool.

The real answer is embarrassingly simple: proper driver training.
It worked to significantly reduce road rider crashes (and consequently deaths).
The trouble is that this costs money, whereas enforcement makes money.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2013, 09:38:20 pm »
I got done on the way to work a few months back, Saturday morning, 6am, no-one else really on the road at that time, and only 8 k's over, but at the end of the day it was me driving the car so it was my fault and my fault only. 
Well that is doing a real public service eh? 6 am and no one around. You're a mad man and they just saved your life. Sitting in a 40 zone when the kids are out is the sort of thing they should concentrate on.

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2013, 10:08:55 pm »
Does anybody ever consider the % of the road toll that could be put down to suicide......id imagine it accounts for some part of it but never ever gets put in the spotlight. I suppose that would just take vital numbers away from that all important "road toll" that pollies play on so abruptly to justify more of their pocket lining cameras!
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2013, 10:25:00 pm »
There are lots of reasons why people die in car accidents....and they never tell you all of them when talking about numbers.....mechanical failure (blown tyre, steering failure etc), poorly designed and maintained roads.....shit, how many times have you driven on a road and said to yourself "how the fark did they come up with that", and the great quality repairs they do on roads....definitely not 2013 technology...more like 1920's .....beggars belief.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

mainline

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2013, 05:01:05 am »
I got done on the way to work a few months back, Saturday morning, 6am, no-one else really on the road at that time, and only 8 k's over, but at the end of the day it was me driving the car so it was my fault and my fault only. 
Well that is doing a real public service eh? 6 am and no one around. You're a mad man and they just saved your life. Sitting in a 40 zone when the kids are out is the sort of thing they should concentrate on.

Fark me, the 40 zone comment was a joke!! 

My point is that I was speeding, and got caught. Not happy but my fault only.

Did you have any better options to stop people speeding?

« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 05:05:33 am by mainline »

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2013, 05:37:21 am »
I think you read my post wrong. Doing 8 over with no traffic around is not saving lives.
On another note I believe a radar in a kids 40 zone is more appropriate for eg.

mainline

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2013, 06:40:12 am »
I think you read my post wrong. Doing 8 over with no traffic around is not saving lives.
On another note I believe a radar in a kids 40 zone is more appropriate for eg.

I must have, but at the end of the day if I wasn't speeding I wouldn't have been fined.

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2013, 08:54:17 am »
Interesting little fact.
More people die on the roads in both China and India each DAY than are killed in Aus in a year.
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2013, 09:20:06 am »
Interesting little fact.
More people die on the roads in both China and India each DAY than are killed in Aus in a year.

Both having populations around 1.3 billion that fact has about as much relevance as the price of fish Afghanastan! :D
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2013, 09:33:04 am »
 What Nathan's post about driver training needs qualification.

I agree tha the level of basic driver training needs to be looked at.
 However there are interesting facts around about the results of driver training courses, for instance you dont see much around these days about so called "Advanced driver"
courses.
  These were encouraged by insurance companies until statistics started to turn up showing more accidents occuring with these 'graduates' than previuosly.

I attended two stages of these courses while in govt employment and found the most benefit to me was the stopping distance exercises. As a volunteer with the Rotary Clubs Driver Awarness Programme for school kids I observed that the participants also saw the benifits from this, as well as learning from  presentations by survivors of road accident  trauma.

My thoughts about an effective means of kerbing the road toll among young male drivers is the encouraging of organised motor sport. In my mad rev head younger days I noticed the more I participated in my chosen motor cycle sport with strong competition the better behaved I became on the road.

Another very worrying asspect of road accident statistic among the younger(and not so young) is as was also aluded to here somewhere was depression and the sometimes tragic results of 'the black dog'.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2013, 11:12:52 am »
Interesting little fact.

Both having populations around 1.3 billion that fact has about as much relevance as the price of fish Afghanastan! :D

So it's not individual deaths that are the problem but deaths per head of population.
If that's the case then it should be safe to raise the speed limit around where I live as we have less deaths per head than say Sydney or Brisbane.
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2013, 11:17:24 am »
How's this for a School Zone money rort. Around the corner from me is Whalan High School which was closed down a few years ago due to high asbestos count problems. The 40kph school zone was still in force for over a year after the school closed down and even I got nailed one day when my brain was turned off. I went to Mt Druitt police station to complain and the desk sergeant just shook his head and went into a "cash cow" anti RTA rant but in the end he told me that there was little he could do to help but told me to write to the RTA "and see what happens". I wrote the RTA a letter explaining the situation and I got the standard form letter back telling that they were aware of the situation but because the 40 zone was still legally in place and that I'd broken the designated 40kph speed limit by 8kph (same as Mainline) I was still obliged to pay the fine. Despite newspaper, TV and radio attention the 40kph school zone was in force for at least another 12 months before they finally got around to removing it. I wonder how much money was made out of that little "cash cow" before they took it away?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 12:49:32 pm by firko »
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha