Author Topic: Liberal liar  (Read 6250 times)

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
Liberal liar
« on: July 12, 2013, 07:04:57 pm »
   Good to see that we can at least trust that the Liberal politicians not to tell us lies, (or can we)

IT is set to be the year of the speed camera in NSW, with more of the despised devices rolled out than ever before.
Government tender documents show that, from this month, new cameras will be deployed, including 39 extra mobile speed cameras - with 2358 new mobile speed camera locations - and 6070 extra hours of enforcement per month.
By the end of 2014 there will also be 109 extra red light-speed cameras at intersections and 45 existing red light cameras will now also be capable of catching speeding motorists.
The state opposition will make significant mileage from the new cameras, particularly after vows when the Coalition was in opposition that it would reduce speed camera numbers.
There has been a 12.5 per cent increase in the number speeding fines issued during the Coalition's time in office.
"Barry O'Farrell, who once labeled speed cameras 'cash cows' is now increasing the number of speed cameras to a level never seen before in NSW," opposition roads spokesman Ryan Park said.
"The figures are staggering. More than 2000 new mobile speed camera locations and a doubling of red light cameras, on top of a massive 12.5 per cent increase in fines.
"In its first 12 months, the O'Farrell government doubled the revenue it received from mobile speed cameras but cut staff from the Centre for Road Safety and slashed funding to the road toll response unit.
"There is no justification for rolling out hundreds of new speed cameras and fining motorists millions more each year only to slash funding for road safety programs that help save lives."
Roads Minister Duncan Gay defended the rollout yesterday. He said the government had already introduced six mobile speed camera vehicles which had been operating for more than 940 enforcement hours and the program would be "progressively expanded to about 45 vehicles to deliver 7000 enforcement hours by July 2013".
"When speed comes down fatalities come down," he said.

And leading up to the last NSW election that lying shit Barry O'Farrell said that they would be cutting down the amount of revenue gathering devices that the Labour party had used to raise money.

Zane

Everyday I find one more name to add to the list of people who piss me off.

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
Re: Liberal liar
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 07:12:53 pm »
Standard Operational Procedures for politicians my friend.  Might as well factor in a 46% rise in pay too...

What's the difference between a politician and a used babies nappy/diaper ....                                             none both full of shit.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 10:04:26 pm »
   Good to see that we can at least trust that the Liberal politicians not to tell us lies, (or can we)

IT is set to be the year of the speed camera in NSW, with more of the despised devices rolled out than ever before.
Government tender documents show that, from this month, new cameras will be deployed, including 39 extra mobile speed cameras - with 2358 new mobile speed camera locations - and 6070 extra hours of enforcement per month.
By the end of 2014 there will also be 109 extra red light-speed cameras at intersections and 45 existing red light cameras will now also be capable of catching speeding motorists.
The state opposition will make significant mileage from the new cameras, particularly after vows when the Coalition was in opposition that it would reduce speed camera numbers.
There has been a 12.5 per cent increase in the number speeding fines issued during the Coalition's time in office.
"Barry O'Farrell, who once labeled speed cameras 'cash cows' is now increasing the number of speed cameras to a level never seen before in NSW," opposition roads spokesman Ryan Park said.
"The figures are staggering. More than 2000 new mobile speed camera locations and a doubling of red light cameras, on top of a massive 12.5 per cent increase in fines.
"In its first 12 months, the O'Farrell government doubled the revenue it received from mobile speed cameras but cut staff from the Centre for Road Safety and slashed funding to the road toll response unit.
"There is no justification for rolling out hundreds of new speed cameras and fining motorists millions more each year only to slash funding for road safety programs that help save lives."
Roads Minister Duncan Gay defended the rollout yesterday. He said the government had already introduced six mobile speed camera vehicles which had been operating for more than 940 enforcement hours and the program would be "progressively expanded to about 45 vehicles to deliver 7000 enforcement hours by July 2013".
"When speed comes down fatalities come down," he said.

And leading up to the last NSW election that lying shit Barry O'Farrell said that they would be cutting down the amount of revenue gathering devices that the Labour party had used to raise money.

Zane

If you listened closely to what O'Farrell said before the election he said he was going to hold an inqury and find out if speed camera's were cash cows and he would rip out any that were found to be blatant revenue raising.
The old politicans axiom is "never hold an inqury unless you know what the outcome is going to be".
Surprise surprise the outcome of the inqury was that only 2 of NSW fixed speed camera's were revenue raisers the rest were legitimate tools in road toll reductions, conclusions were clear , where ever speed cameras are installed road toll reduces. The inqury went on to recommend increasing the amount of fixed and mobile speed cameras. Who ever would have ever though it?
Was anyone stupid enough to believe O'Farrell was ever going to even contemplate reducing the camera numbers?
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 11:12:49 pm »
Politician = Liar, to think otherwise in any way is simply naive.......
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 12:05:23 pm »
We have had a "blitz" of the shits in our work street. It has so far fined just about everyone from all the local businesses and enraged all. It is designed to reduce "rat running" on our quite busy side street. It is a dual carriage way wide enough for people to use to make up time, It is the perfect trap and I have even moved left to let a tailgater by ....so he could get a speeding fine.
Yesterday I went out to pick up a customers car and let 5 or so cars by,,,,they all would have gone 5 kays over at least!
MONEY FOR JAM.
When I was in Europe they were just new to Switzerland and truck drivers paid each other off to back over them. The most likely had them in France but since our bus was rego'd in Holland...I guess some Dutch bloke got lots of pics of the bus bursting its way to 65klm through some little village somewhere........Now there's a thought. Buy a car with interstate rego...and leave it that way.   

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2013, 03:11:30 pm »
If everyone drove on the speed limit for one year, we could financially ruin the country.

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 03:16:02 pm »
If everyone drove on the speed limit for one year, we could financially ruin the country.

I often wonder what would happen if that were the case, then the next year everyone drove along even slower, then next even slower etc

oldfart

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2013, 03:49:56 pm »
They would then lower the speed limit....  :)

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2013, 04:55:42 pm »
They would then lower the speed limit....  :)

and if the roll toll was roughly the same "they" would have a hard time maintaining the "speed kills" mantra

mainline

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2013, 06:38:13 pm »
I'd like to know what the suggestions are to stop the morons like the ones I see every single day going way over the speed limit and not giving a shit about anyone else's safety? It makes me sick when I see these idiots go flying past to think my wife and kids are using the same roads as these wankers. Yes speed cameras aren't perfect as they stand, but what else is there? There's no way the public is going to fork out the money required to fund the extra police (visual) presence everyone thinks will solve the problem.

I got done on the way to work a few months back, Saturday morning, 6am, no-one else really on the road at that time, and only 8 k's over, but at the end of the day it was me driving the car so it was my fault and my fault only.

oldfart

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2013, 06:51:06 pm »
It's all about saving lives , isn't it.  Look at it another way if we had no road deaths ( which is not going to happen ) then they would have to reduce the number of red light & speed cameras. No that won't happen either as they are hooked on the revenue it raises.
So the only option is to not speed and run red light cameras ..... and see what else they can  dream up in between to raise $$$$$$

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2013, 06:52:12 pm »
Your work truck does 68....that's impressive
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2013, 07:08:04 pm »
If speed kills then how come we have so many coppers still around ?
Here in Qld they had to sack heaps of them just to thin the numbers .
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2013, 07:25:48 pm »
Hey Ted, that's about 60k's faster than he rides his bikes. ;D
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

mainline

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2013, 07:34:24 pm »
How do you know i wasn't in a 40 zone? ;D