Author Topic: Views of Melbourne  (Read 11450 times)

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Views of Melbourne
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2013, 06:37:05 pm »
Years ago I saw a bottle of "Pure old Panther Piss" in a pub at Lexton? anyone else ever seen one of these??

Offline Stan S

• Legend
  • Ballarat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2013, 07:36:17 pm »
 ;D

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2013, 09:03:06 pm »
   Another well known NSW brew is Dr Jurds jungle juice from the Wollombi wine shop (and it is piss).

Zane
Everyday I find one more name to add to the list of people who piss me off.

Offline Iain Cameron

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2013, 09:12:12 pm »
I do like DR Jurds  I know it wrong but Ive slept in the ditch out front . lol Iain
Yamaha tragic ; dt1, rt1, dt2, rt2, dt2mx , rt2mx , mx250, mx360,sc500, 74dt125, yzx125, yzc250, yzc400, yzd250, yzd400, yzh250, yzh80 , dt100 , xr75 ko xr80 03 , it175 82 . Not a member of any club

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2013, 08:50:23 am »
When I was young and very foolish I knew no better than to tell all and sundry that VB was the best beer known to man. In fact I should have been on some sort of retainer from CUB. As an older more cynical, judgemental old man I now renounce the corporate model with their insulting advertising and their chemically enhanced brews and instead support the multitude of small brewers here in the glorious Yarra Valley as well as the award winning local wines. J

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2013, 08:59:42 am »
"Ive seen the liiiight" cue evangelical church music... ;D

when younger of age myself, I had a religious almost Collingwood zeal about Melbourne Bitter until they brought in the glass fronted display fridges with the flouro lights at the top. These started to send the closest 6 packs of Melbourne off. Once you've eagerly ripped the top off a stubby (not a supamodel) and the first big gulp has mould in it...life changes somewhat...so im a beer atheist now and will drink and discuss any kind of beer (or is that a beer whore? )

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2013, 09:11:27 am »
I'll drink to that John and I don't think we're alone. J PS riding at Yanakie on Sunday

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2013, 09:32:44 am »
 My preference of brew (Ozzy} is a mug of Nerada tea.

(And I was never a member of Willoughby tea and bikkie club)
cheers pancho.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 12:22:03 pm by pancho »
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2013, 09:58:43 am »
I do like DR Jurds  I know it wrong but Ive slept in the ditch out front . lol Iain
We trail rode the Watagan Mountains for thirty years, camping at the Basin Camping area and more times than not ending our ride at the Wollombi Pub. After a great ride our tipple of choice was nearly always a Wombat....a dash of Dr Jurds Jungle Juice in a schooner of Tooheys Black. Depending on the vibe of the place and the post ride camaraderie, two teetotal mates would volunteer to ride back to camp and bring back the trailers so we didn't have to ride back pissed on a hairy bush road. A great riding area, great pub and those dodgy Wombats bring back many great memories...........On one ride, upon reaching the Wollombi pub we found it full of a tourist bus full of Japanese students who'd been on a winemaking course at one of the local wineries. Those Japanese kids loved a drink and we got into a great session with them to the point that their bus driver couldn't move them on so he decided to book them into the motel and hit the piss too ;D. It was one of the funniest nights I ever had in a pub but the sad irony was that it turned out to be our final ride (and drink) with our mate Stewy who was killed in an accident on the way to work a couple of days later.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 10:00:45 am by firko »
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2013, 10:14:26 am »
I was given a case of this for my 60th a couple of years ago. It's the real deal and while not being one of the worlds great beers, is quite drinkable. The light beer version Piss Weak is, like all light beers, bloody awful. It's made in Melbourne I believe.....ironic ::).       

'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2013, 10:32:54 am »
If you where from the bottom half of the North Island (you know, the non penal colony part of the South Pacific  ;D), you drank Lion Brown.....mothers milk as it was known.....you could get it in Flagons if you wanted.....geez, I can remember more than a few times buying a crate of flagons with mates, then going away for the weekend camping and riding....good thing was, you could take the empty flagons back for a refund or refill.....shit, these people that think recycling is something new, hell we where doing it 35 years ago. I was told many years ago you never buy/drink beer that's in a clear bottle....reason being, direct sunlight on the bottle spoils the beer because it is clear glass.....when you think of it, grog always came in coloured glass bottles. I guess with all the chemicals they have these days they can get away it.....oh for the good ol' days.. We could also get a "mini tanker" to tow behind your car.....a trailer with a tank on it and a tap....full of beer.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2013, 05:14:50 pm »
On my girlfriends 19th birthday, we pulled the spare out of the well in the HK wagon and slipped an 18 gallon keg in with coil and gas and dispensed beer at the river side party out t he back with the tailgate as the bar.

we lifted the spear a few inches so we could have some travellers for the drive home the next day...

some smart arse was onto it and poked it back down and we had buy the travellers >:(

Offline Matador107

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2013, 08:04:15 pm »
On our way to the Moto X at Mulbring (to see JIM AIRD ride a Husky) back in the day when I got booked for speeding going through Peats Ridge on a Saturday night by a copper in a hidden Mini Cooper.

Lucky for me he didn't spot the 9 gallon keg and spear in the back behind me. It was tapped and in use by my so called mates in the rear.
Maybe the girls in the front seat saved me.
We had safety issues as well,next day if you sat on the roof it gave slightly and pushed the button down. Soon learnt not too sit on that part.
Bultaco Metralla, Matador MK 5, Montadero mk2, El Bandido model 18,plus lots of bits and two Honda XR's 250,350.