Author Topic: Views of Melbourne  (Read 11449 times)

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
Re: Views of Melbourne
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2013, 06:52:08 pm »
Please make it to the next HBBB Mark, I have been carting a six pack of Corona piss around for two years* to repay the cold one you gave my there. cheers Tim754

* OK the six pack may have been changed to a um fresher brew now and then............ :D

Melbourne Bitter and all the other Carlton and United brews are now owned by Sows Afreakin firm S A B Mueller (Miller?). Does Australia still own anything????
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 06:57:11 pm by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2013, 07:00:01 pm »
When I'm in Melbourne I drink rum. None of the local beers are worth the heartburn.

oh come on now Firko & Dave,  and you blokes drink Road Tar (called tooheys old)  :D

Nice views of Melb' Stan each and every one. Remember Abbotts Larger.... shame that's gone.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 07:02:02 pm by Hoony »
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2013, 08:12:50 pm »
What about XXXX? what a name ::) It must be illegal to write SHIT on a stubby ;)
Maico's, the only way to go.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2013, 09:56:48 pm »
and you blokes drink Road Tar (called tooheys old)   
Magnificent brew, unique to NSW. Tooths Old is good as well but it's hard to find these days. 20 years ago it was on tap in nearly every pub. Damn you Gen Y wankers and your Corona and Stella bland piss >:(.
I don't drink much beer any more but when I do I try and partake in a boutique craft made brew. Pikes from South Australia being my current favourite.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 09:58:48 pm by firko »
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2013, 10:18:10 pm »
Too much Big M and not enough Honcho restoration by the look of it Stanley. J

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2013, 10:43:10 pm »
What about XXXX? what a name ::) It must be illegal to write SHIT on a stubby ;)

:D :D :D

When I'm in Melbourne I drink rum. None of the local beers are worth the heartburn.

Remember Abbotts Larger.... shame that's gone.

Didn't that become "Crown Lager" a very long time ago?? :-\ been told that a few times, occasionally by someone that "may" have a clue  :D.

Cheers, Brendan
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline Sorelegs11

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2013, 07:28:21 am »

The Tooths was also my favourite, after drinking that horse piss being passed of as Tooheys New the "Old Bloke" that I worked with put us onto it and the hang overs were halved, you still got a good headache but no more  crapping acid for two days.
As the over the hill gang thinned out at the local there was only a couple of us on it so like all good things they cut it out  >:( >:
Coopers is my poison now  ;D                                                                                                            
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.

Offline dalesween

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2013, 08:49:17 am »

the new (old) VB for me :)

cheers Dale.

Offline Rosco86

• A-Grade
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2013, 05:02:43 pm »
Abbotts was around at the same time as Crownies. Unfortunately discontinued due to small patronage. Greyhound trainer mate of mine, John Cameron put me onto Abbotts. Coming home from a plumpton (straight track) trial on a Sunday, could always guarantee a cold Abbotts beer cause no one else drank it. VB in and out of the fridges sometimes hardly chilled.Nowadys watch the doggies from the verandah of the Capalaba pub which has been recently renovated to include the World of Schnitzel. Good food a Monkey Piss or Larks foot Pale Ale and a view of the doggies. Not bad living in the warm Qld sun after being on hols in chilly Melbourne for the last couple of weeks.

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2013, 09:28:07 pm »
OK Firko Pikes fish guts flavour brew it is then :D :D :D :D :D
Can I get cans at the Cairns bait shop??
Do they have a worm in the can like that Mexican paint stripper cactus piss?
Do you need a short or long rod to reel some in?
Enough..

Personally I enjoy an ice cold  South Aussie Coopers now and then ;), but that other SA stuff called Southwark or Southwart or is it Southfark .. >:( a blend of used sump oil and pig turds....
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 09:44:17 pm by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2013, 09:34:03 pm »
There are all kinds of excellent beers being made in Melbourne by small breweries, such as Fat Yak Pale Ale, Mountain Goat, Little Creatures, Hawthorn Premium Pale Ale, etc. Admittedly you might have to hunt around a bit to find some of these. 

What happened to the pic of DeGraves St? It was a nice shot.

Tex

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2013, 09:37:44 pm »

the new (old) VB for me :)

cheers Dale.
geezas ,a vomit bomb, ;D,hey sorelegs black,or brown that was it,bitd when the black stopped i used to fight the pensioners off when the delivery truck arrived with the Hunter Ale cartoons at the local bottle shop,(didn't pay to sleep in  ;)), :P
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2013, 10:06:46 pm »
There are all kinds of excellent beers being made in Melbourne by small breweries, such as Fat Yak Pale Ale, Mountain Goat, Little Creatures, Hawthorn Premium Pale Ale, etc. Admittedly you might have to hunt around a bit to find some of these.   
Fat Yak and Little Creatures are both West Aussie brews but don't let that put you off them. They're both excellent and both on tap at my local. I've got a taste for alcoholic ginger beer and Cider lately. I was down in Adelaide for the Clipsall 500 a couple of years ago and discovered a pub called the Tap Inn which had the best 8% ginger beer I've ever tasted. The strangest I've seen lately is Budweiser on tap in a few pubs around Sydney. It beggars belief that people would pay money to drink it when Fat Yak, Hahn Extra Dry, Tooheys Black and even bland old Stella Artois are also in tap in the same pubs ???
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 10:08:23 pm by firko »
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2013, 11:48:40 pm »
Fat Yak and Little Creatures are both West Aussie brews but don't let that put you off them.

Oops, of course Fat Yak is a Mathilda Bay brew, although it's listed as being brewed in Port Melbourne on their website. Little Creatures has a large venue in Fitzroy, so I got a bit confused there for a moment.

Sideshow Ticket Booth Pale Ale is a nice Melbourne brewed drop.

Tex

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2013, 01:09:08 am »
 Stan, turns out you're not the only piss head here after all!! :D ;)
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236