Author Topic: king of nepean NO SLIDERS ALLOWED  (Read 8132 times)

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
king of nepean NO SLIDERS ALLOWED
« on: July 01, 2013, 08:21:01 pm »
8. CLASSES OF COMPETITION: DESCRIPTION PRIZE MONEY TOTAL
Premier Classes
1st 2nd 3rd
1) KTM KING OF NEPEAN Unlimited Senior Solo Motorcycles (no slider machines) $1500 $750 $350 $2600
2) SIDECAR Unlimited Sidecars $1200 $600 $300 $2100
3) MOTO SPRINT SPEEDWAY SOLO Speedway Machines only $1200 $600 $300 $2100
4) PRINCE OF NEPEAN Junior 13yrs to u16yrs (150 2st/250 4st) Trophies and prizes
5) PRO 250 100cc to 150cc 2st & 200cc to 250cc 4st $300 $150 $75 $425
6) PRO 450 250cc 2st & 450cc 4st $300 $150 $75 $425
7) PRO Open Unlimited capacity including Sliders $300 $150 $75 $425
8) QUADs Unlimited Unlimited capacity Quad machines $300 $150 $75 $425
Junior Support Classes
9) Junior 85cc 2st & up to 150cc 4st 9yrs to u13yrs Trophies and prizes
10) Junior 65cc 2st and up to 110cc 4st 7yrs to u11yrs Trophies and prizes

Offline sprint76

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: king of nepean NO SLIDERS ALLOWED
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 08:40:49 pm »
Words fail me !
Riders should vote with their feet and walk away from this event.

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 09:04:33 pm »
Me too, EA and I won't be coming down now, we were lookin' forward to it, but ya can watch chookies goin' round and round any old meeting !

BUGGER
Foss

Offline SlideRulz

• A-Grade
  • Not anti social just anti idiot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 09:16:20 pm »
Disappointing comments from 2 guy's who should know better.
The classes offered have been dictated by all the governing bodies and a bunch of confusing rules, those who actually got off their arses and tried to help organise this event have done their absolute best.
Forget all the political bullshit, the KON is the Jewel in the crown for Nepean and should see all member clubs on deck to help make it a success despite their own agenda but that aint happened, ask yourself why?
What really pisses me off is that certain people are taking great joy in seeing a fantastic and positive intiative fail, all because of a clash of personalities.
Actually it hasn't totally failed, just altered.
Suck it up and look to the future you bloody fools.
As I've said before, I've put my hand up to be a delegate on the NMSC but given what's gone on this last year I don't want a bar of it now, I'll leave it up to you guy's to make your own decision on who's responsible for the current state of war between the clubs and personalities.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 09:24:40 pm »
Have I missed something here? I wasn't aware of any of this "clash of personalities" or any hints of dissent. What's the big problem?
As a former Nepean delegate I do understand your frustration there though Steve.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline SlideRulz

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 09:55:04 pm »
A sponsor came forward for a Slider only class, Halelujah.
Rules on number or brakes and the size of track to be used put up more hurdles than could be overcome, hence a Speedway bike only event.
Those who actually tried to make the Slider class happen did their best and certain people who sat back and watched took great delite in seeing it fail.
We should all want to see every bloody event held at Nepean be an out & out success, despit our personal preferences or disagreements.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2013, 09:58:08 pm »
Oh yeah  ......the missing 40 metres of track? I recall somebody telling me now.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2013, 07:34:12 am »
A sponsor came forward for a Slider only class, Halelujah.
Rules on number or brakes and the size of track to be used put up more hurdles than could be overcome, hence a Speedway bike only event.
Those who actually tried to make the Slider class happen did their best and certain people who sat back and watched took great delite in seeing it fail.
We should all want to see every bloody event held at Nepean be an out & out success, despit our personal preferences or disagreements.

Steve I know you're passionate about the sport but FFS!

The bottom line here is that the track that was to be used for the slider class failed to be re-licenced because it didn't meet the track guidelines in regards to its length. The reason this track was to be used is because there is a belief by certain members of the race organising committee that the two brake rule would result in insufficient numbers entering. This by the way is not a view held by myself and at least one other delegate.

As to your earlier post.

I know you have not been at any meetings for quite a while but I can tell you that your views are ill-informed. While yes there was a clash of personalities between two out of the twelve delegates that issue has been dealt with and the committee is working together to not only promote the KON but also deal with the myriad of issues that face the venues future. I assure you that there is no "current state of war between the clubs" and I think that by you making this reckless claim only serves to perpetuate this myth.

Don't believe me?

The next NMSC meeting is on Monday 8 July, 7.30pm at Smithfield RSL. Come and see for yourself. Attend the meeting as a guest we are in the auditorium so space is not an issue  ;D If you come along and see anything you don't like go ahead and post your views here. Until then though please consider the damage you are doing by spreading information that is blatantly incorrect.

Cheers
Shaun
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 07:52:31 am by 2-NINE-7 »

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2013, 07:42:21 am »
all i what to know is you can have sliders in the pro open unlimited but not the kon unlimited on the same weekend
jim

Offline SlideRulz

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2013, 08:00:26 am »
Point taken, you're a lot closer to things than me Shaun, apologies to all.
To me there seems to be certain joy taken in seeing some initiatives fail.
That's the last I'll comment on NMSC.

Offline gdr

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2013, 08:18:05 am »
Looking foward to the answer on that one Jim  ???
HONDA THE POWER OF DREAMS

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2013, 08:23:34 am »
I too don't understand the logic in this. The argument that sliders and chookies shouldn't race together for safety reasons seems to not be the issue.

I will ask the question at the meeting on Monday night and let you know what the race organising committee has to say.

Cheers
Shaun

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2013, 08:42:07 am »
all i what to know is you can have sliders in the pro open unlimited but not the kon unlimited on the same weekend
jim

Me too, Jim. If the Sliders were contesting the main event, the KTM KON, we would still come down, some of the best races we've seen were between Sliders and Chookies, the slider didn't always win, either.
Foss

Offline micks

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2013, 12:18:50 pm »
Sub Regs are out and i don`t think you will get the sliders in the KON event. but tell me why cancel the sliders altogther when they could run on the big track remember that this is a dirt track meet not a longtrack event.

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2013, 02:32:12 pm »
i dont know about you micks but in 1975 at nepean i was riding hagons they are NOT  longtrack bikes i have one of them now as well as 2 antigs and the home made pre60 slider my brother jap454 built and rode at nepean.he was even on the front cover of the spokesman in 1971 riding it. i rode hagons till 1980 at nepean and other nsw tracks.the track hasent changed that much since then to me.
jim
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 06:36:59 pm by jimg1au »