Author Topic: adler for sale  (Read 4510 times)

mainline

adler for sale
« on: June 30, 2013, 09:01:18 pm »

Offline TeeBone

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: adler for sale
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 09:05:20 pm »
Seems to be only the rare "keeper" models that come up for sale.... ::)
Destined to a life behind bars. A garage full of KTM's and a 73 CR 250M Honda....H7 250 Monty will be at Harrow!
A "never was" of the Nineties...

Offline nada

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 09:35:14 pm »
Yeah it's Dave#6, he has it for sale!
Cheers

Nada
Honda is the only way to roll!

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2013, 09:36:51 pm »
 ::) ::) ::) >:(
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2013, 09:50:25 pm »
Nice bike, a real treat to hear and see in the flesh. Be interesting to see if it meets reserve and what reserve is should it get there, i'd love to use this as a scrambler but it most certainly does't fit into my budget!! :D
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline nada

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2013, 10:01:07 pm »
I can tell you, it FARKING LOUD!!!
Cheers

Nada

Offline TT5 Matt

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2013, 01:06:34 am »
so does Dave ever keep any bike(s) he buys?im amazed he doesn't need a dealers licence by now!!

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2013, 09:30:57 am »
I wonder if he is married?

Maybe he could go into Politics. 
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 10:18:43 am by Slakewell »
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 10:03:26 am by paul »

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2013, 10:07:00 am »
I watched Gus go through building the bike Dave's selling over a number of years so you'd have to be pretty decent with a tool in your hand to even come close starting with the eBay basket case (which in itself is a good deal to restore as a road bike). Gus Preim who built the race bike is one of those old school European craftsmen that you rarely see these days. I hope Gus's Adler MX goes to a good owner who's prepared to sort and develop it into the competitive pre 60 class bike it potentially is. It deserves a better fate than its current situation.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 10:09:59 am by firko »
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2013, 10:38:18 am »
Nothing that ever comes into Daves possession is going to see a vmx meeting while he has it, i think everybody realises that... except Dave!

Offline nada

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2013, 12:34:09 pm »
I watched Gus go through building the bike Dave's selling over a number of years so you'd have to be pretty decent with a tool in your hand to even come close starting with the eBay basket case (which in itself is a good deal to restore as a road bike). Gus Preim who built the race bike is one of those old school European craftsmen that you rarely see these days. I hope Gus's Adler MX goes to a good owner who's prepared to sort and develop it into the competitive pre 60 class bike it potentially is. It deserves a better fate than its current situation.

Go easy on him, he isn't hurting anyone!
Cheers

Nada

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2013, 12:43:04 pm »
Did Dave rip off the guy that he bought it from?? Did he steal the bike?? Or was it bequeathed to him by someone?? If not i'm really not sure why a fella cant own a bike, not use it, then sell it?? It just makes no sense to me why its always an issue, yes we all know Dave rarely rides anything in his shed but doesn't that make people that know that happier about possibly buying that bike? It would mean that the bike is quite likely gonna be in exactly the same condition as it was when it was last advertised, whether that be a week, month, year or years ago, good luck with the sale Dave. I hope the bike goes to someone who will make it a race bike bike if even only a few times a year, would be great to hear this bike on song crossing a finish line!!  :)

Cheers, Brendan
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2013, 12:55:34 pm »
Did Dave rip off the guy that he bought it from?? Did he steal the bike?? Or was it bequeathed to him by someone?? If not i'm really not sure why a fella cant own a bike, not use it, then sell it?? It just makes no sense to me why its always an issue, yes we all know Dave rarely rides anything in his shed but doesn't that make people that know that happier about possibly buying that bike? It would mean that the bike is quite likely gonna be in exactly the same condition as it was when it was last advertised, whether that be a week, month, year or years ago, good luck with the sale Dave. I hope the bike goes to someone who will make it a race bike bike if even only a few times a year, would be great to hear this bike on song crossing a finish line!!  :)

Cheers, Brendan
It's only been an issue because every bike he buys he tells us it's a definate keeper then a week later it's on ebay, if he didn't say anything about the purchase people wouldn't say anything about the sale.
At the end of the day i don't think anyone really cares but he sets himself up for a pisstake..

Offline nada

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2013, 12:56:41 pm »

Cheers, Brendan

AMEN!!!!
I'm over people patronising others on what they do in their personal lives on here and or anywhere! It's his bike, he paid for it, he can do what he wants with it!

Now, all you haters, I'm going to say this once "Leave him alone"
Cheers

Nada