Author Topic: Heaven Round 4 20/21 July Bulahdelah  (Read 13430 times)

Offline Husabergpete

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Heaven Round 4 20/21 July Bulahdelah
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2013, 07:09:50 pm »
The smell of Castor supplemented highly tooned 4 strokes - was  an uber special memory for this weekends racers and goers,  who were born before 1960.  For the rest of us post 60's units it was a memory we will live with for many years to come.

This meeting was in honour of Mr Roy East - he was an A Grade all rounder.

The mix of Pre 65 bikes that competed for the sake of competition was as varied as it was interesting. Yes we at Heaven have some regular pre 65 exotica that Carl B # 7 brings along, but this event we had Vern on his Trumpy Tiger 500 twin. The most Perfect sounding bike at the meet.  Brilliant Cottons, Boat Tail Bultacos, bolt together frame Husky, fresh out of the shed KTMs.   Brilliant presentation of bike and rider. @ 71 years young - Vern was a picture of health. Fit for a fight and fight and fight he did. Out of the same mould as our own Jewel of Heaven - Jens Olsen (not present). Hard like barbed wire - plus smart due to experience (read age).

The duelling Jawa's - a sight to behold. Never a snowballs chance of winning The Event but they knew that before they started. The boys on the Jawa's added another fantastic memory for all  of us. Close racing between them - so close - mainly due to the smoke screen they laid down for each other. (Jawa's work better in high wind by the looks)

Sir Firko  arrived,  to cast a careful eye over proceedings. We past inspection by all accounts. (knew we would). Those competitors, too shy to approach a VMX legend such as The Firko have missed out this time. Don't let it happen again. I am sure he will be at the next event and happy to take questions, give advice and tell race stories. 

Yes the weather. I am getting to that. Once again it was perfect for what we do.  A bit of piffy drizzle on Friday evening. Hardly enough to wet my Husaberg cap.  After that, bit of wind and sun. Perfect track receipt.

Saturday practice started in a Gentlemanly fashion. Results of Friday nights fellowship were evident on the faces of some our best Camp Fire racers - Seano # 1, Ted # 84 and the best of all Bob B #90 (shocker!!!).

Dennis #555 and KTM guru took over where Fernando left off with the ritual passing around of Bottled Fire Water. This time is was some home grown concoction of Rum and chocolate. I noted however it was only offered to the Fast Guys by Dennis. Blokes like me were told we didn't need any - in fact you may as well put the beer down and drink water. Obviously no threat on the track.

Those of us who are there as purists of the racing code were bright eyed and bushy tailed Sunday morning. Keen to get into the sticky mud of Bulahdelah. (after the juniors had cleaned the worst sticky crap off the track)

:D ;D :P

Mrs Hardo told me to use those yellow smilie faces to liven the script up. Hope it worked. 8)

Down to the racin'.

Well, if you were here, you have to admit it was soopa fast and soopa close. The track is not really that wide and with a bit of racin' and dry weather it resulted in a track where you could not - could not brake traction. Left Right or off the line. The brave hearts won out.

The race of the day for me (watching) and for many others was the Pre 85 all in after smoke-0 (also known as the race of the duelling Jawa's)

CR 500's  x  2 and KX 250's x 2 made up the fast 4 at the front. The rest were spectators.  Carl B on #7, Carl R on #2, Liam #97 and Hardo # 10. By this stage the track was at its best and so were the racers. Old vs Young vs 500 vs 250 vs Team Green vs Team Red. It had it all. It was so good to watch I have NFI who actually one.

The Juniors had a corker of a weekend. All of them improved over the two day and got a greater appreciation of Pre 65 cast iron. And they loved it.  Spotlight on Fridie night was the highlight for them with an after party of red drink and sossage sambos. Heaven - kid style.

The ladies didn't disappoint. Great mix of old and new too. Pre-race rituals, such as hair braiding, produced some outstanding results on the track. Smooth, dispute free and full of smilies. Just how we would like all racers to be. Mrs Hardo and Mrs Justin are now looking for sponsored rides to be part of the action.

Seano (also known as # 1) has secured  Pre Race H. B. ing from Brigette in an effort to make up a distinct lack of  points - due to none starting issues.

The list of maintenance issues is long and wide. Over compressed Pomie twins resulting in cast iron barrel fracture, Spanish clutches, NON genuine Husky handlebar and throttles, weak Suzuki rear shocks (side load), cheap after market YZ mufflers and 500 singles getting hot and tight. Note - not one Hodaka issue - cause there wasn't any at the race.

Homework for Heaven members - find out what Mike G # 25 has done to that TT 500 4 stroker to get it that fast. I just gotsta know.

Special mention too for young Rob Shoie #61 turning up with a trifecta or Huskies. Pre 75, pre 78 and Evo big bores. Used Saturday to identify some operational issues which will be sorted prior to the Crawford River Classic.

We should say a big thanks to the members who worked at the most fun working bee ever. The additions to the Complex were appreciated.

New members - some of which are father and son KTM teams were on board this time round. Thanks to Teds Big Day Out the other month.

Enough talk. Back to polishing the Maico and planning the next race strategy.

Pete

« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 05:56:24 am by Husabergpete »
KTM 250 1980,  Maico 250 AW 1977, Husqvarna CR 430 1981, , CZ 250 1973 and a 550 Husaberg

Offline mick25

• Legend
  • Hunter valley NSW
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2013, 07:30:03 pm »
Thanks to guys and gals of the heaven club for a great weekend of racing 8) perfect weather and track ;) THATS HEAVEN ;)
I had a blast on both days even ran out of fuel on Saturday practice day, couldn't get me off the track  :o

It was cool to see the pre 65 weapons on the track and a old timer come out of retirement for this event 8)
Now just to wait for the pics ??? ;D
 I say shes busy washing two green bikes ,replacing a spoke, replacing a tube ;D cleaning air filters cleaning riding gear
polishing goggles and helmets etc etc then cooking dinner for the champ that's all ;D ;D

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2013, 07:34:13 pm »
Great wrap up #100. You are very good at it.

Was good to see Heaven's newest recruits out there. I heard the son had a race meeting booked elsewhere for the Sunday and was only going to ride the Saturday. He had so much fun he cancelled his race meet and hung out with us to race the Sunday with Heaven.

Great effort and welcome gentlemen.
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline Husabergpete

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2013, 07:37:41 pm »
100% Ted
KTM 250 1980,  Maico 250 AW 1977, Husqvarna CR 430 1981, , CZ 250 1973 and a 550 Husaberg

Offline Mrs Hardo

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2013, 07:49:17 pm »
Hi guys (and girls of course)

The boss has told me to load the photos in the "Foto Forum" so as all good wives do, I have obeyed the Master  :)

Nearly sorted and ready to upload I have put a few up for you to see.

Great race meeting and good fun as well.

Thanks to the organisers for all their efforts, I'm becoming a tad addicted to this little Heaven Family  :)

Mrs H

Offline Husabergpete

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2013, 06:13:10 am »
Update on Carl # 2 and Daz on #127

Those who were at the track on the weekend will remember a bit of flag waving going on - in particular during the Pre 85 and Evo races.

Carl # 2 on Evo XC Husky got tangled up in a spill on one of the S bends. Resulted in him falling awkwardly. Dave the Medic was able to provide reassuring info and advice.

I would like to thank all those officials, medical professionals, riders, mums and kids who helped Carl and I last Sunday afternoon.

Heaven is so much more than just a race club.

Daz by he own admission out raced himself - The Red Mist took hold and it was welcome too - until he did some steering lock to steering lock flip flops and chucked himself on the hardest bit of the bulahdelah pavement. Much sore body all round but fit for another fight soon and keen.

Old Mate # 19 on the Superb A5 KX 250 (and fast) chucked it away all on his own around the right hand sweeper just before the finish straight. The Big Tan truck wasn't needed as he walked off unaided so I hope that was a sign all is well.

Many thanks again

Pete and Carl

Offline ozktm

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2013, 07:01:17 am »
Nice write up Pete!
Regards,
Adrian Goold #101

'72 KTM 175 |'74.5 KTM 250 |'74.5 KTM 400 |Hagon/KTM 250 proj|'76 MC5 250 Project |'76 MC5 400|'78 KTM 250 Project |'81 KTM 250 MC | '81 KTM 495 MC

Offline Husabergpete

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2013, 04:54:21 pm »
Sandshoe Gooldie.

Had to fix some typos and spelling and add a bit more info that came back to me

Offline Hardo

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2013, 07:04:32 pm »
I can report that #19 on the SWEEEEET KX A5 ( Shawn Tomkins ) is okay - although he has had a hard time getting shoes on and off from all reports and is quite bruised and battered from a nice little (big) high-sider...

He'll be back for Team Green..... never fear .... 

:o

Offline Hardo

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2013, 07:07:47 pm »
Oh and there's 500 odd piccies going up right now in the Foto Forum for Heaven RD 4 ... Have at 'em !!

:D

Offline rtb

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2013, 06:04:44 pm »
Have posted the latest pointscore on heaven website. have a look and see how you are going against your mates.
http://www.heaven-vmx.com/

Cheers