Author Topic: 2013 Roy East Pre65 Classic Scrambles Series - NSW  (Read 7198 times)

Montynut

2013 Roy East Pre65 Classic Scrambles Series - NSW
« on: June 29, 2013, 11:03:52 pm »
The flyer is out for the Pre65 series. If you ride a Pre65 in any of the series meetings you get free entry for that meeting regardless if you ride other classes so get your entry in

There will be a link up shortly to download the flyer and entry form
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 09:12:05 am by Montynut »

albrid-3

Re: 2013 Roy East Pre65 Classic Scrambles Series - NSW
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 12:09:07 am »
is pre 70 incorporated in this program.

Montynut

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 06:36:55 am »
Dave it is called the Pre65 Classic Scrambles Series which would seem to be reasonably clear and unambiguous.

This series runs at 3 meetings within the normal Heaven VMX program. There is a Pre70 class at all Heaven meetings so therefore no it is not specifically in this series. You are however very welcome to enter and ride a pre70 as a normal entrant or in addition to a Pre65. This series is about trying to draw the Pre65s back to the track.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 07:57:53 am by Montynut »

Offline rtb

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2013, 07:54:28 am »
You can follow this link to download the entry form and flyer for Round 4 of Heavens VMX plus Pre 65 Classic Scrambles Round 1.

The NSW based Heaven Vintage Motocross club are very proud to present an opportunity for Pre 1965 scrambles machines to once again grace the track. This was the period of the big powerful 4 strokes often of British origin stemming the coming force of the 2 stroke machines. They thrilled us with their special sights and sounds as scrambles transformed into our sport of motocross. These machines are the spiritual birth place of the modern MX machines with the start of the relentless drive for a better machine.
The 2013 series will have three rounds based around Heaven VMX race meetings on circuits that are compatible with these valuable machines. Round 1 – 20/21 July - Crawford River circuit - Bulahdelah using the vintage MX track
Round 2 – 7/8 Sept. – Crawford River circuit - Bulahdelah using the natural grass track
Round 3 – 19/20 Oct – Canowindra Showground – natural grass ‘flat track’

Link to Heavens website to download entry form and flyer
http://www.heaven-vmx.com/

Hope to see you there.

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2013, 09:55:34 am »
There will also be flyers and entry forms for the Pre 65 series at the bike display at Suttos on the 6/7/2013.
Get them from the HEAVEN VMX tent.
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

albrid-3

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2013, 11:25:25 am »
I realise its for pre 65 bikes,The Concept is a great idea Monty, I hope it works and draws people and bikes out to support it, thank you for the invite, when I get myself sorted out with the right mount, I will support the event.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 11:27:45 am by Dave #6 »

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2013, 12:11:54 pm »
 Great iniciative!
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Best is in the West !!

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2013, 11:36:44 pm »
http://www.motorsportretro.com/2013/07/vmxrace/

Great link VMX247

This is the revitalisation of something great, something healthy. No matter who or what, health is wealth!
   Worth more than any bar of gold or silver.

Anyhow cop this, Beggar thanks to his good friend TC, has entered an early Jawa 250 that Mr Roy East himself rode once!
Now that I am finally in bed relaxing with a stiff night-cap, the significance of that fact has dawned on me 8) not to shaby hey. If that doesn't bring Roy out in spirit, nothing will :) good work TC and Beggar.

Anyhow time to pump some ZZs before tomorrows working bee.
 If you cant be there for Nescafe's, orange juice, bacon and eggs at 8.30 doesn't matter, just turn up for a BBQ lunch for an hour or two with your hat and brush cutter, Just kidding ;D no i'm not :D 
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 12:01:36 am by Mick D »
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2013, 12:05:42 am »
Anyhow time to pump some ZZs before tomorrows working bee.
 If you cant be there for Nescafe's, orange juice, bacon and eggs at 8.30 doesn't matter, just turn up for a BBQ lunch for an hour or two with your hat and brush cutter, Just kidding ;D no i'm not :D 

And these can be some of the best days of our lives  ;D  8)
Best is in the West !!

Montynut

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2013, 06:52:35 pm »
The Working Bee really got some jobs done today and everyone worked hard to be rewarded by brekkie and lunch courtesy of Jeff Bradbury (Butcher extraordinaire) and Mick D (Chef). One idiot whacked 'emself on the noggin with a great lump of steel and laid themself out cold :-[ :-[ :-[ fortunately they came too and were able to totter around a few jobs ::) ::) ;D

The 'Complex' looks a treat

7 entries so far for the pre65s which is just great seeing that over recent years we have only had one or possibly two entries

Offline mick25

• Legend
  • Hunter valley NSW
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2013, 07:05:22 pm »
The Working Bee really got some jobs done today and everyone worked hard to be rewarded by brekkie and lunch courtesy of Jeff Bradbury (Butcher extraordinaire) and Mick D (Chef). One idiot whacked 'emself on the noggin with a great lump of steel and laid themself out cold :-[ :-[ :-[ fortunately they came too and were able to totter around a few jobs ::) ::) ;D

The 'Complex' looks a treat

7 entries so far for the pre65s which is just great seeing that over recent years we have only had one or possibly two entries

That's cool 7 entries so far  ;) will be good to watch them race and better if you are flagging 8)

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2013, 09:46:20 pm »
One idiot whacked 'emself on the noggin with a great lump of steel and laid themself out cold

Man, that was a worrying experience, I probably shouldn't tell ya that nobody volunteered for mouth to mouth :P, then it became apparent that next time we should just call an ambo, instead of becoming embroiled in an argument about drawing straws to see who got stuck with resuscitation duties. The only reason we started slapping you about was because no body wanted to take over all the work if you karked it :-[

Just kidding, glad you made it. please get well for next weekend ;D 
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline czeck

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2013, 10:31:03 am »
Thanks to all the people that turned up for the working bee.
Track is groomed, the flag marshal poits numbered, the toilets and showers are clean, water tanks are full, hot water works, fire wood is cut up, the starting gate serviced, the fences are fixed, the pits are slashed, around the flag marshal point are cleared so you can see the snakes.
What are you waiting for, bring your bike up, get an entry in and join the funn.
Also got both my pre 65 bikes started.  Montynut is going to ride one (just remember its rh gearchange 1 up rest down)
best rgds

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2013, 10:48:18 am »
I hope everyone who promised to support this event turn up. Vern Grayson's coming down with his Cheney for the first ride on it since "the controversy" 15 years ago. He told me that he's going to try and get Clarko and the Roy East bike along to display. Brian's pretty ill these days so it'll be nice if he can show up. Unfortunately Jonesy won't be able to ride because of recent thyroid surgery but he's bringing his Cheney Matcho along to help rally the cause. Ditto Frank Stanborough who's opted to stay home with his very ill wife. He'll have his magnificent Mojo framed Matchless at the later rounds.

Like the big twins dirt track series, this pre 65 initiative will take a while to find its legs so I hope that HEAVEN perseveres with it as I know that by the time Canowindra comes around the numbers will have improved quite a bit and that next year the numbers will increase even more. I hope to have two pre 65 bikes up and running next year myself, the Oval Maico Metisse for me and the 650 Trumpy for a worthy guest rider. I may even have the TriBSA PRE 60 bike up and running barring those pesky obstacles that seem to have jumped in the way in recent times.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha