Author Topic: Ebay Grrrrr  (Read 1699 times)

Offline Bikeaholic

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Ebay Grrrrr
« on: June 23, 2013, 10:59:07 pm »
Is anyone else having trouble with ebay crashing while trying to list items. I listed some stuff a couple of weeks ago and it kept happening. Tonight the same thing keeps happening again as well as not responding to key strokes while typing in the info. Very frustrating and the fact you have to pay fees for the crapy service >:( >:( >:( >:(.

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay Grrrrr
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 11:14:25 pm »
Dave, that's your computer not eBay! You need to go to your safari or explorer menu and select "clear cookies", it crashes cause there will be too much in your browser history and this doesn't react well to when you hit the "list item" button for some reason! :-\ it's happened to me and frustrated the shit outta me on occasion too!!! >:( especially as it only happens once you're pretty much finished the whole listing and then it's just gone!! Another tip I've found handy is to hit "copy" on any text I've written before I attempt to up load it, at least then in the event of a crash you're not having to re write all over again, just upload the pictures. Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 11:16:09 pm by Rookie#1 »
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline Bikeaholic

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 11:20:35 pm »
Thanks for that I'll give it a try. Felt like kicking the computer but will try and resist the temptation for a bit longer yet

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 11:24:33 pm »
Thanks for that I'll give it a try. Felt like kicking the computer but will try and resist the temptation for a bit longer yet

There is of course always the "Fonzie method" of computer repair!! :D
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline Bikeaholic

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 11:53:25 pm »
Ehhhh Rookie you're a legend.
Cleared all that browser history crap and it worked much better.
Go get Mrs C to get you some milk and cookies  8)

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 07:52:05 am »
Another tip bikeoholic, If you have a paragraph or more description then write it on a word doc first in the letter size you wish etc, than copy and paste to ebay. then it will take less time to write the add and also have backup if it does crash,
Brett
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline Bikeaholic

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 08:02:09 am »
All good info here. I'm feeling much happier about Evil Bay now  :-*