Author Topic: City of Penrith Charity Day Meeting 3rd&4th of August  (Read 3732 times)

Offline sprint76

• Novice
    • View Profile
City of Penrith Charity Day Meeting 3rd&4th of August
« on: June 22, 2013, 08:48:29 am »
Entries are now out.
This year approval has been given for the use of knobby rear tyres for bikes up to the pre 78 class.
So all you VMX guys come and have a skid on the flat stuff.  ;D

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
Re: City of Penrith Charity Day Meeting 3rd&4th of August
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 10:02:13 am »
My entry is in!

This is a weekend not to be missed. And yes pre '78's can run a knobby rear this year so all you MX'ers go a tooth bigger on the countershaft and bring out all those Pre 78 weapons for some high speed action.

Camping Saturday night with movies, beers and bonfire.

To get an entry form send an email to "The Teflon Rooster" - [email protected]

Cheers
Shaun

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 10:12:54 am »
This year approval has been given for the use of knobby rear tyres for bikes up to the pre 78 class
I'd have thought that safety considerations and potential damage to the track would override allowing knobbies. I'm not sure it's a great idea. ::)
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline micks

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 11:36:14 am »
Firko BWP had a training day last month where they had 1st timers on mod 450 runnig knobbies with no problems.slides could give us feed back.
the no knobby rule dates back to the oil days i think but nepean are not going to change this rule soon. the approval to run knobbies is a one off so the mx guys don`t have the expense of the tyre etc.
it`s a pitty we couldn`t get this approval when the club ran the magoo weekend it would of been easier for the heaven guys to come to the meet.
you are right firko it will damage the track but not as bad as you think with a bit of work it will come back thanks to tony`s work.

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 12:27:50 pm »
Isn't tyre choice a strange thing? Back in the day we raced at Maryborough on oiled dirt and knobby rears were not permitted. But we ran 'stock' bike classes at the local speedway and at a deco granite track in Gympie and the hot setup according to the guns was a knobby rear. Those guys went fast too. No-one would go near a trials tyre...

Is that the way to go? No idea at all, just making an observation.

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 05:51:03 pm »
This year approval has been given for the use of knobby rear tyres for bikes up to the pre 78 class
I'd have thought that safety considerations and potential damage to the track would override allowing knobbies. I'm not sure it's a great idea. ::)

One Penrith member made the point that a modern 450 would possibly do more damage to the surface running a trials tyre than a nobbly, one wonders,
 cheers pancho.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline cemotobull

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 07:01:27 pm »
I can appreciate a pre75 yamaha running a nobby and not churning up a track, but all the raw horses from a Bultaco, that's a different story!

Offline SlideRulz

• A-Grade
  • Not anti social just anti idiot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2013, 08:01:41 pm »
100% correct Micks.
At the last BWP training day there was an exemption for MX tyres because it was also a come & try day for the Baulham Hills Minikhana club and that also included several of the fathers along with my son Tom.
I personally don't have a problem with Knobby's, if you're silly enough to use one on DT then suffer, especially on oiled tracks.
Would you use one on the road?

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2013, 09:34:29 pm »
I personally don't have a problem with Knobby's, if you're silly enough to use one on DT then suffer, especially on oiled tracks.
Would you use one on the road?
That's exactly the reason it's a silly decision. The organisers surely must have some duty of care to make it as safe as possible for entrants, especially the newbies they're hoping to attract. Since when did the need for entries take precedence over safety?
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2013, 04:18:06 pm »
 Hey Hey! re-arrangements have occured!

I have a permit to attend!

The RT1 will finally get a run since new re-bore.
cheers pancho.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline cemotobull

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2013, 07:05:44 pm »
That's the spirit pancho! I wish I could make it!

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2013, 06:13:14 am »
cant make it as wife will be recovering from back opp on the friday before
hope all have a great 2 days last years was a hoot
jim

Offline dkupf

• A-Grade
  • Kinka Beach Qld
    • View Profile