Poll

Interested to see how many of us like to hoard bikes, runners or not, rollers only

One Bike
3 (2.6%)
One to Five Bikes
35 (30.7%)
Six to Ten Bikes
28 (24.6%)
Eleven to Twenty bikes
23 (20.2%)
Sick demented dood 20+ Bikes
22 (19.3%)
42+ as per our sick friend below
3 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Author Topic: Bike Hoarders/fetish  (Read 12002 times)

Rosco400

Bike Hoarders/fetish
« on: May 15, 2008, 09:38:07 pm »
Looking in my shed and start to think am i a horder, then look at shed pics and reckon ive got nothing on lots of you guys, No Braggin, no names, just an end result of percentages, then i can use it in discussion with the cook when i want to bring in a new bike,

mx250

Re: Bike Hoarders/fetish
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 09:54:05 pm »
I'm not sure if I'm a reformed hoader, a reforming hoader, or if I'm in decline but with good intentions  :D ;D.

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 10:15:45 pm »
I am with MX250. gone are the 40+ machines days, a dozen is enough......... But shit why did I bloody well give so many away??? could have sold them to finance new projects... no that is just hoarding again...What is  loopy ??::)
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 11:06:57 pm »
31 bikes/projects here, plus some extra parts bikes/wrecks.
Two of the 31 belong to Anna, so that makes me a little less unwell, doesn't it?
And five of them are moderns, so they don't really count, do they?

Plus most of a PW50 for our unborn son...  :D

So, let me see - three of us own bikes, and there's 32 bikes here, so that averages out at less then ten bikes each... which isn't that weird, is it?

FWIW, I possess five pre-78 125s, and four Evo 125s...

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Moto

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 08:47:44 am »
 My son and I,just for a laugh thought we'd do a head count after we had loaded up for CD5, (we took nine there)
  We came up with a nice rounded 42( including the CD nine).These included,moderns, complete bikes, rollers,frames etc that could be made into bikes.
   Sold one last week and a couple more dungers to go soon.
   Its not really hoarding,just think of it as having the necessary parts back up required!! 
    Rosco,as you know we have both taken large amounts of liquid "Medication" to try and overcome this sickness, but when doing it with other addicts it just seems to make things worse.
    As to your problem,maybe a biiiiiggggger shed could be required to help blend in the numbers or offsite storage.Outa sight outa mind.

Rosco400

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 10:00:22 am »
Ive always have known youve been sick / demented but even I think youve got a problem, no wait im editing this poll

« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 10:05:51 am by Rosco400 »

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2008, 10:22:36 am »
i top out around 10 with only 4 of them in rideable condition, the rest are on the list and will happen over time with a preference for pre-75 but i feel i need an evo bike just to give me some more options.
funny thing for me is, when i started all this "old bike" stuff, the mates would bag the crap out of me at each opportunity. now they come and ask me about what bike was when and seem to be taking a bit more interest as they drop the odd comment like, "yeah, i wouldn't mind one meself"
"flat bickie"

Rosco400

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2008, 10:28:23 am »
i when i started all this "old bike" stuff, the mates would bag the crap out of me at each opportunity. now they come and ask me about what bike was when and seem to be taking a bit more interest as they drop the odd comment like, "yeah, i wouldn't mind one meself"

Funny That :D

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2008, 10:36:07 am »
i top out around 10 with only 4 of them in rideable condition, the rest are on the list and will happen over time with a preference for pre-75 but i feel i need an evo bike just to give me some more options.
funny thing for me is, when i started all this "old bike" stuff, the mates would bag the crap out of me at each opportunity. now they come and ask me about what bike was when and seem to be taking a bit more interest as they drop the odd comment like, "yeah, i wouldn't mind one meself"
de ja vu
but somewhere in there the third wheel go added ;D
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 10:42:47 am by vmx247 »
Best is in the West !!

firko

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2008, 10:59:35 am »
I had a big cull in about 1999 and sold off five restored Maicos a couple of CZs a '79 Honda 250 and a couple of KTMs.
Because I rarely race any more I figured I'd go more for quality rather than quantity and to only have bikes that mean something to me, to hell with fashion. The collection is pretty basic these days and constitutes six going bikes bikes and six projects.
I've sold my modern bikes but I'll be buying a new one later in the year when my get fit campaign finally gets me down close to my desired weight.
The projects are growing though. At the moment I've got the Hindall Ducati to finish, Cheney Yamaha (finally in Australia and here next week), '73 250 CZ, reassembling the DT1 from Hell, and building a new Honcho pitbike. Waiting in the wings is a Trackmaster Benelli 650, '64 Cotton Cobra my other 350 Maico and a yet to be decided Vinduro project.   

husky61

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2008, 01:22:48 pm »
We are lucky to have lots of bikes and most are the superior brand .(Husqvarna)

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2008, 01:56:05 pm »
Hey Husky61 and all other "one type only, retentive destroy all else "  collectors Personally I have had lots of brands and have found that I have enjoyed the differences, Also every forking brand has both sugar and shit, superior and inferior all mixed in their make up. Go out and find a different treasure totally non whatever you short sighted passion is, or try fitting a totally different power plant in one of your wasted spare dunger rollers.
 Strange as may seem more interest will fall on you favoured collection by others and that produces more leads for bikes and bits. Cheers Tim 
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Rosco400

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2008, 02:13:19 pm »
Hey Rob,
Havent you been playing with HL's and Maicos more recently ::)

firko

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2008, 02:28:14 pm »
Tim I agree. The blinkered one make collectors are missing out on so much variety and education. I was one of those one make type of blokes but once I opened up to anything I started to enjoy my hobby so much more. I wouldn't mind so much if those single make fans wouldn't find so much joy in criticizing other peoples bike choices and blindly defending even the shit products from their chosen factory. Having said that, Husky 61 has a varied and interesting collection despite a weird Husky fetish ;D

YSS

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2008, 02:32:25 pm »
I am hoarder of shocks and springs now  ;D, ( I confess to be a single brand hoarder ;D)but I used to hoard to  many  bikes until I realised , I can only ride one at the time and the rest of them needed still to be maintained.  ???
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 06:06:42 pm by YSS »