Author Topic: anyone nead any casting made for old bikes  (Read 117827 times)

Offline kdx 175

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
anyone nead any casting made for old bikes
« on: June 18, 2013, 08:04:48 PM »
anyone nead any casting made for old bikes I am a moulder in a foundry and am sick of working for my boss thinking about trying to get my own foundry going for one off parts things you cant get anywere can make of original crank case let me know if any ones interested

oldfart

Re: anyone nead any casting made for old bikes
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 08:16:33 PM »
Sounds like a good idea to me ........location is QLD  Gold coast  ;)

Offline nigmax

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 08:24:13 PM »
I know this guy on the Goldy who needs some legs cast he's a bit of a midget rides a KDX 175 ;D

Cheers
Nick
WAIT TILL HE SEE'S THE BATS!!

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 08:45:49 PM »
The first person to make '84 Honda CR250 clutch covers in aluminium will be very popular...

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline kdx 175

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 08:54:13 PM »
if you send me a old broken one as long as its in one pace  even if its glued together  no problem

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2013, 09:11:52 PM »
Shitloads send me a PM
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline SON

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2013, 09:51:53 PM »
Me too PM sent
Lozza I will call you in the morning

Offline crossedup2

• B-Grade
  • Never enough shed time.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 10:10:10 PM »
Make a batch of YZ360A clutch covers and you'll make the first months wages. They would sell all over the world. At a reasonable  price I'd take 2.

Also any for those fancy heads that Firko has stashed away would be nice.

And Nathans right. Honda side covers out of Aluminium and there is your second months pay.

Peter B
Anything Yamaha. AT1, CT1 (X3), RT1, DT3 (x3), YZ125X,  YZ250E, YZ400D, IT175E, IT250H, XR500RC . Always looking for Pre 78 Yamaha stuff....

Offline topari

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2013, 10:31:42 PM »
Very interesting. You need to build a portfolio demonstrating your workmanship.
topari

1979 IT400F, 1984 kdx200

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2013, 11:04:24 PM »
Making repro DG, WEBCO, NOGUCHI?? "Firko to correct"  ;) style heads would surely be a winner for dollar spinning thats for sure! As far as i know though the DG's at least started out as length of extrusion and cut to size, then machined specifically for particular fitment??? Obviously making 1 by 1 would involve a helluva lot more work but even so it's still likely to be well worth the effort.
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2013, 09:09:06 AM »
As above can give you the same list as we went down the same path a while back with a top ten o sellers but never heard back from the guy who was the go between.  Pm if you want talk
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2013, 09:57:04 AM »
Making repro DG, WEBCO, NOGUCHI?? "Firko to correct"  ;) style heads would surely be a winner for dollar spinning thats for sure! As far as i know though the DG's at least started out as length of extrusion and cut to size, then machined specifically for particular fitment??? Obviously making 1 by 1 would involve a helluva lot more work but even so it's still likely to be well worth the effort.

lot off effort for 1 off,s ,so while you are at it I,ll have half a dozen maico 490 reed barrells ;D

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2013, 10:54:18 AM »

lot off effort for 1 off,s ,so while you are at it I,ll have half a dozen maico 490 reed barrells ;D

Are you gonna plant them in the ground and grow Maico's in Queensland??  :D ;)

THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2013, 11:35:14 AM »

Are you gonna plant them in the ground and grow Maico's in Queensland??  :D ;)

they look like pineapples

Offline kdx 175

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2013, 05:02:29 PM »
thanks for all god advise looks like im going try with it . but only out of my back yard. add in vmx mag sounds good but complex parts take lots of time don't know if people will pay the dollars  only one way to find out thanks if you pm me and I didn't answer I got lost in all the pm s sorry    ;D