Author Topic: CR 125M Problem. No Grunt whatsoever  (Read 21155 times)

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: CR 125M Problem. No Grunt whatsoever
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2014, 07:09:00 pm »
another classic is the tank breather hose.. check a wasp hasn't built a home in there restricting fuel input

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2014, 10:01:48 pm »

For future reference I ended up on :
VM32 from TD Hatrick
Main #240
Pilot #45
Jet Holder #P8
Needle Jet #159
Needle 6F21
Slide 3.0 (standard fitment for that carb)

Lucky you didn't run it on the 125 main
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2014, 07:21:30 am »
You've got me wondering now.  I'm gonna pull that carb apart and see if that was a typo  :o :o
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2014, 12:39:58 pm »
You've got me wondering now.  I'm gonna pull that carb apart and see if that was a typo  :o :o

Don't worry  Tony, Keihen (original carb) & Mikuni jets are way different in the way they express the sizes & generally don't interchange with each other ;)

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2014, 01:24:06 pm »
It's going to bother me, so I have to look  :o :o :o

Thanks for your help to smed.  I've only ridden the bike for a bit around the 2 acres, but I'm sure I'm going to love this bike  8) 8)

She's off to Wyaralong on the 25th of May for her first outing (with me anyway)

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2014, 09:18:41 pm »
Don't worry  Tony, Keihen (original carb) & Mikuni jets are way different in the way they express the sizes & generally don't interchange with each other ;)

Keihin 125 jet is a 210 Mikuni jet, 240 mikuni jet is 135 Keihin jet.
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline OverTheHill

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2014, 09:43:05 pm »
Hi, i haven't read all the posts sorry, but looking at the heading & providing it's got good compression, i'd cut the pipe in a couple of places so as to visibly see right through it [then burn it out anyway], also strobe the ignition timing as the original system used to retard off a lot at the top end & [might] like a bit more advance!!. Did a lot of laps [race meetings] on one of those when new & were just bullet proof little motors back in the day--6 speed & all by memory & a sweet changing gearbox. Cheers.
ps, had a 250 elsinore at the time & 125 was my brothers but i kept steeling it off him for longer rough races as you could just keep it nailed till the end [when i was young & fit lol]--had a new YZ125A  before--or after [can't remember now] god don't get me started--depressed again now!!

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2014, 01:41:06 pm »

Keihin 125 jet is a 210 Mikuni jet, 240 mikuni jet is 135 Keihin jet.

Is there a list somewhere of these jet size match up's Lozza, It would be very handy when switching carb brands to get a ballpark jet  starting size :) 

Offline micks

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2014, 12:54:46 pm »
hope this link helps http://huntertoolup.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=82
if it is correct ?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 09:22:35 pm by micks »

Offline 35elsinore

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2014, 10:36:43 am »
Glad to hear its sorted, if you are looking at pipes, I have tried a FMF, pro form but by far the best I have used if Geoff Morris's pipe. Keep an eye on the mikuni to barrel manifold as I destroyed an engine because of a perrished unit only 18 months old last year at the nationals.
Enjoy
Cheers Troy

I cant believe John Tate said in an earlier post that the honda was a great little bike after all the shit hes given me with mine  ;D
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 10:39:57 am by 35elsinore »

Offline dirttracker

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2014, 06:17:02 pm »
the biggest problem with them is the cdi box as for the pipe std 77 model pipe is the best

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2014, 06:37:12 pm »
fat ba----d!  ;D
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline OverTheHill

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2014, 09:04:13 pm »
I see looking back you say it's got a GMC pipe fitted so ignore my 'cut it open' idea--thinking it was the original. Have had various smaller motors [last one was a PE175] that had popped the crank seal out on the primary drive side, it ran but was all gaspy & lean but also smoke terribly so was an easy diagnoses but if a motor popped the mag side seal out [no smoke] it wouldn't be so obvious [apart from the running] & if not thinking along those lines then one can spend a hell of a lot of time chasing ones tale, Been there lots over the years but the good thing is that once solved then you never forget the unusual faults.
One that i didn't solve [cos i was thinking crank seals lol] was by memory a kawy tandem twin [think KR1S], mate called me in to come up with ideas [crank seals or disc valve timing--but no] he fixed it, pulled the cylinders off & someone had used KDX or Yamaha pistons with the cut away inlet which was 'ok' except it had the front cylinder piston was in back to front, hence the cut away was opening exhaust port big time at tdc. Things you never forget. Think it's why the first guy sold it & becomes the second guys problem, then the bike shops problem, & people wonder why repairs cost so much!!.

Offline TT5 Matt

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2014, 10:17:22 pm »
ive seen a yam dt400 mono that a farmer had put the piston was in arse about, must have ran for awhile but had seize marks all over the piston but with the chain taking out the clutch adjuster etc it ended up at the wreckers. the things the untrained do!!

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2014, 07:12:46 am »
fat ba----d!  ;D

Hey - I've lost weight Rossco  ::) ::)