Author Topic: Heaven Round 3 - Lake Glenbawn 15/16 June  (Read 10062 times)

Offline rtb

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Heaven Round 3 - Lake Glenbawn 15/16 June
« on: May 27, 2013, 06:17:45 pm »
Hi Everyone,
Canberra was a blast with the track on Sunday being excellent (Thanks Dennis and Greg). The weather was fantastic even if the mornings were let’s say brisk!!!!! Is -4o briskJ?

Thanks to all riders for the marshaling effort it made the meeting much easier to run.

Download the flyer for round 3 at Lake Glenbawn and entry form here

http://www.heaven-vmx.com/

Montynut

Re: Heaven Round 3 - Lake Glenbawn 15/16 June
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 12:10:59 pm »
5 days to close of entries. please get them in as it makes everything so much easier :D ;)

Offline czeck

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 09:34:04 am »
Hi
Not long to go, get your entry in, make light work for Greg.
One of the best tracks around and posibly the last time we ride on it in its present layout.
Rgds

Offline Hardo

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 06:33:58 pm »
Nice green bike .....  ;D ;D ;D :P

Offline Stewart Allen

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 06:58:34 pm »
And it's not being pushed !!!
CHEERS STEWART

Doing it to old things is fun
# 74 Heaven
IT490 Will be going one day soon
CR125M
SL175 bitza
IT250D needs work
CR250RE Not going as yet
YZ125F

Offline VMX Andrew

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 07:58:49 pm »
Im in..
First ride for the year so im super excited. ;D
Cant wait.
Cheers Andrew

Montynut

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2013, 07:20:01 pm »
Come guys get those entries in one day to go ;)

This is the last meeting at Glenbawn on the current track. The venue will be closed down and almost all the track redesigned come July so this is your last chance for a ride on a club favourite

Offline Ando

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2013, 06:25:27 am »
What a great weekends racing on an excellent well prepped track! A big thank you to the club & ALL involved, including everybody who marshalled as this meeting really did run well!

Cheers
Ando

Offline Husabergpete

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2013, 08:32:02 am »
Remember your younger days? Playing with Plasticine. How good it felt in your hands and what  funky stuff you could make with it.  Well the Track Artists for the Upper Hunter Club used the same type of stuff to build our race track for this weekend just gone.  Track conditions like this are rare in our racing calendar. No dust, virtually no wheel spin off the start gate and up the main straight.

This super traction gave rise to some spectacular full length of the start straight wheel stands. One of our new up and comers, Tim #909 found the track so gripy it sucked the knobs right off his KTM.

For many the weekend of racing started on the Friday afternoon. Rain and a lot of it had fallen during the week. Track had already been created by the Jody, Keato and their team. So the rain only help to dust proof the race surface.

Slight drizzle overnight but the grey was replaced by blue by practice time around midday. 4 practice sessions of 40 mins for the big guys and 10 minutes for the growing number of Juniors. Flaggies worked faultlessly. Not much flag waving during Practice Saturday. Around 50 riders and about 100 bikes.

Some new units arrived for this meet. Ken # 27 - a True Honda devote brought his pristine 77 CR 125. Had a few race teething problems like we all do.  Andrew # 73 arrived with a perfect AW 400 and did the brand proud.

Justin #53 arrived with his new Karaoke machine. Had it cranking till the early hours of Saturdie night. Horrie #32 was celebrating his newest birthday. Handing out boutique beer and fine red wine to sound of Cold Chisels Cheap Wine.

Racing. Some of the best we have seen. Carl #40 was unstoppable on his 490 Maico. One of the arvo Evo races had Carl in front of Horrie #32 with the two young blokes, Carl #2 and Liam # 97 right behind them. All four showing the style from back then and now. Turned out Liam raced with no back brake - busted brake plate - too much grip again - but still went on to win.

The ladies showed some lovely style, Marjolaine #491, Narelle #60 and Brigetta #106.  Smooth as silk and no offs.

Maintenance issues to look out for next time - lost kick starter, lost ingnition cover, lost front axle nut, snapped chain adjuster, missing mudguards, broken mudguards, chain de rails, smashed rear brake plates, main bearings, gear shaft nuts, barrel bolts and a complete 1989 KX 250.

Highlight for several riders over the weekend the use of a Maico AW 440 thanks to Greg Tow#96.  Justin is selling the Karaoka machine on line now to pay for an AW and El Scrivo # 3 has told his Spanish flock if he push starts one more time on the line they will all be replaced with one AW 440.

The Juniors rode exceptionally well yet again. Highlights were seeing an original RM 80 B and I think an N or T being pushed around not far behind new KTMs and KX 85's. Hat off to the young bloke on the RM 80B rode brilliantly. The up and comer to watch is young Reece on his uber smooth XR 80. First Race meeting ever. It may never be better. Started on the wobble but in the end cutting lines like the pros.

For those that didn't come to this event. You missed the best track conditions ever. Once in a life time conditions. But there is always next time.

Back to the ironing and On Any Sunday.

Pete # 100%
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 08:49:17 am by Husabergpete »
KTM 250 1980,  Maico 250 AW 1977, Husqvarna CR 430 1981, , CZ 250 1973 and a 550 Husaberg

Offline rtb

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2013, 09:24:31 am »
Great write up Pete, it was a pleasure to wheel the bike off the trailer and go for a ride on such a grippy track.
Hats off to Jody Perry and Anthony Keaton who worked on the track Saturday night, dragging around the steel bars, smoothing out the ruts on the straights. The ruts formed on the corners and were some of the best i have ridden for a long time. Every person who came back into the pits had big smiles on their faces.
Also the flag marshalling went off without a hitch. Racing finished at 3pm. Enough time to pack up and set off for home in the day light. A big thanks to every one.

Sorry to see Glenn Pickering have a small fall in a corner, but it was right in front of those Maico's Pete was speaking about. Hope his right leg is okay and not broken. Also young Keato was out ripping up the track on his Dad's new bike and putting in a big ride when he cross rutted over the back of the track. hear that he may have dislocated a finger in his left hand. hope this doesn't interfere with his rugby and bike riding. he is young so im sure he will bounce back.

So i think it over to you Mrs Hardo to show us the thousands of photos you took from the weekend.

See you all in a months time at Bulahdelah.

Offline Nitram

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2013, 10:28:38 am »
I know these pix won't be up to Ms Hardo's standard, but they're my favourites from the ones I took on the weekend.
See you next time.
Cheers,
Nitram  :)

Ken with his shiny new Honda.

Smiley Greg....... ;)

1st corner of the EVO Open

Noel in full flight.

Offline bishboy

• Legend
  • Toowoomba
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2013, 05:01:53 pm »
I was doing a day trip to Sydney on Saturday to pick up some trailer parts (only 900km round trip from Tamworth  ::)) and I passed a few cars towing VMX bikes, so I looked on here and found out what was on and where and stopped in on the way back.

Only had about half an hour spare, but I had a good look around and talked to a couple of guys.  The track looked good from what I could see and gave me plenty of inspiration to put my bike kx together and get moving on my kldx project and to get my trailer build underway.  ;D

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2013, 06:07:58 pm »
So Bishboy co-ordinate your next day trip to the big smoke to coincide with the Vintage Dirt Bike Display on the 6/7/2013 at Suttos MC in Penrith . There will be 100 Pre 65 to Pre 90 dirt bikes of all disciplines on hand with literature  pertaining to what, where and when.

Hope to see you there
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 06:16:24 pm by Ted »
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Montynut

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2013, 06:56:24 pm »
Great report Pete everyone really appreciates your effort 8).

The numbers were a little larger than it appeared as numbers had swelled to 77 by the riders brief on Sunday with around 120 bikes. What a great weekend thanks to the Upper Hunter club for presenting a first class track (hope their President Mark gets well soon after a big get off a couple of weeks ago) also a big thanks to all the riders who made the meeting run like clock work from start to finish  8) ;).

Yep Greg T’s Maico was a very good thing but I think the Monty’s willl be staying ;D the starting woes were more about a ‘stuffed’ rider than the bikes. Note to self get back to full training ::).

Offline bishboy

• Legend
  • Toowoomba
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2013, 07:00:31 pm »
So Bishboy co-ordinate your next day trip to the big smoke to coincide with the Vintage Dirt Bike Display on the 6/7/2013 at Suttos MC in Penrith . There will be 100 Pre 65 to Pre 90 dirt bikes of all disciplines on hand with literature  pertaining to what, where and when.

Hope to see you there

I wish I could Ted, but I've been to Sydney the last two weekends and we're going again on 13/7 and Brisbane the weekend after that, so at this stage it seems unlikely that I'll be able to get there  :'(