Author Topic: John Tate in hospital.  (Read 11978 times)

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: John Tate in hospital.
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2013, 10:44:19 am »
I spoke to Joan over the weekend and he was indeed his usual talkative self. They've got him up walking around with a Nanna frame and while he's in a fair bit of pain, I think he's pretty grateful that the results of the accident weren't worse and that he can still walk. I hope you're up and at 'em soon Joanie.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline DR500

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2013, 04:56:30 pm »
Hard To keep a good bloke down.All the best

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2013, 05:05:46 pm »
Can someone PM me Johns contact details please. J

oldfart

« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2013, 05:16:27 pm »
Pm sent

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2013, 06:41:10 pm »
John's got a laptop, I've reset his password, and I reckon he should be back online soon.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2013, 07:20:14 pm »
Well....what can I say.....thanks for all the concern/get well soon stuff. I'm feelng alot better now, my left pelvis is screwed together with a titainiun plate, my cracked right pelvis, cracked L2/3/4 and cracked right shoulder will heel normally. I'm not driving the nurses nuts yet and they are looking after me really well. Everyones been great. Hopefully I'll be out in a few weeks....I was walking on some crutches today, anyway I'll keep you all posted....btw....they have some great drugs in here....those green sticks the ambos have are useless. Cheers.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

mainline

« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2013, 07:33:24 pm »
I'm not driving the nurses nuts yet

Early days.......glad to see you back in the land of the living.

Pity Ji isn't around any more, you could talk about your titanium pelvis.
Take care.

TM BILL

« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2013, 07:37:53 pm »
Joan good to see you back on here  :) look after yourself mate and do as your told  ;D Sounds like your in good hands there .
All the boys and girls this side are asking after you and send their best wishies.

Ill see if i can get hold of Ji  ;) get him to pop round with the tig and the black n decker to lighten up that titainium a bit more for you ;D

Now your online get on that faeces book , as  the Dutchie says theres a shit load of VMX stuff on there  :)

Simo63

« Reply #68 on: June 04, 2013, 09:10:23 am »
Glad to hear you are recovering John, it's nice to see your name pop up here again.

We understand it was a nasty fall so it's really great to hear your injuries, as bad as they are, weren't worse.

How long before you're out of the hospital?  And how much longer after that before you expect to be operating normally (working, riding etc)?

Cheers
Craig

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 05, 2013, 09:37:38 am »
There booting me out today, I've mastered the crutches and can wipe me bum so they said see ya later. I'ts still a long road to recovery but I'm sure I'll get there, thanks again for all the kind words.

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 05, 2013, 10:15:17 am »
Good on you John.  There's nothing quite like your own bed and your own dunny  ;D ;D
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

TM BILL

« Reply #71 on: June 05, 2013, 10:41:35 am »
Excellent news mate  :) please resist the urge to get back to work too soon though , its hard to do FA all day but its better that than overdoing it .

The boys will be doing a great job at the shop so leave em to it  ;)

Time invested in recovering quietly now will pay dividends down the track .

Take care mate will call you this week  :)

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2013, 09:32:04 am »
Back home now, it's hard yakka but all positive.....it ill be interesting how long I can go without going down to the shed and checking out the bikes....maybe we should get that tosser Tom Waterhouse to put the odds on ;D

Offline suzuki59

• Legend
  • Kiwi VMX
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2013, 10:23:26 am »
Good news John.
Mike Felton wanted to pass on his regards to you also.

I am also pleased to hear that you have finally been taught,after all these years, to wipe your backside.

;)

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2013, 10:25:09 am »
it ill be interesting how long I can go without going down to the shed and checking out the bikes ;D

I broke both Femur’s when I was 18, twas 3 months before I could put weight on them again.
I was working on my bike from a wheelchair during that 3 month period.

Doctors gave me another 6 weeks to learn how to walk again before I had to go back to work. I mostly waddled.
Took about 3 weeks before I found the strength to kick start my bike and go for a ride, a ride which I had to keep secret from my employer and my Mum.
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/