Author Topic: PE 175T questions  (Read 1414 times)

Offline Nobby25

• B-Grade
  • Could possibly fit other models?
    • View Profile
PE 175T questions
« on: May 14, 2013, 02:44:52 pm »
Started work on the PE and have a couple of questions for the wise ones, Whats with the two different shocks? I cant remember which one came off which side, one has swivel eyelets and had seals? (gone).
(since found some info on Lukes Skydrive)

Is there a black metal backing plate that fits behind the plastic headlight surround? I have seen them on ebay but not the parts list for the T.

Whats an original back gaurd worth in pretty good nick? thinking it might fund a full set of DC plastics if it is worth as much as I have read.

Thanks Nob
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 03:05:59 pm by Nobby25 »
TM125L RM250N TC125L RL250M PE175T RM80C RMX250T ATC70 YZ80B?

TM BILL

Re: PE 175T questions
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 03:32:22 pm »
Nob good genuine rear guards fetch good money , I fitted a set of DC plastics to a 175T and they were not to bad  :) They are not the best finish but the fit was pretty good , i did mould the side covers with a heat gun  a bit, but if you get the set inc headlamp the colour is uniform . Of course they dont match the tank shade very well and i dont have an answer for that  ???

If its a rider then the DC stuff is ideal but for a resto keep a lookout on ebay for genuine .

As far as the shocks go i think the bolt is bigger on one side at the top mount 10mm bolt for the metalastic bush one and 8mm bolt for the Heim joint one . The Heim bearings have reducing collars that go in the bearing first 2 top and 2 bottom .

Offline HVA61

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 04:05:25 pm »
I have DC plastics on my 81 250 PE

Front and rear fenders

Side covers

Headlight shround

Its looks realy nice and all the DC components fitted up real well.

Purchased all the nick nacks for the bike from the following people  http://www.motoduro.co.uk/ , easy to deal and fab. srvice
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 04:08:15 pm by HVA61 »
Autos are the way forward , see you round like a robot
Take the short cut, go Cross Country
The shortest distance between two points is Cross Country
CCM's and HL's bark like mad dogs

Offline Maicoman

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 04:40:02 pm »
Parts are still plentiful for the 175's. Side covers are still available through Suzuki, but specify you want the coloured ones not the primered ones you have to paint. Pretty sure front guards are now NLA, as for rear guards just ask Frosty what he paid $$$$. Apparently the DC guard is pretty good. Prehistorix Fibreglass do a really nice rear guard, depends what look you are going for.
  The bracket you are refering to behind the headlight is for the speedo which are available through motoduro as Shoey has pointed out. I'm about to use them myself to purchase some decals for my 400. Good luck with the project.
Let's face it some dirt bikes were never meant to be ridden.

oldfart

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 06:25:38 pm »
LHS has the swivel joint ....replace the worn out seal with an O/ring and apply a bit of grease and to stop dust entering the heim joint  ( swivel )
The bracket you may be reffering  is for the blinkers ????

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 08:08:29 pm »
Unless your talking speedo brackets like the T's bracket has nothing to do with the headlight assembly the c and n speedo bracket held the headlight number plate but the T has the bracket on the headlight body to mount the numberplate there is small bracket that holds the indicator flasher relay like Stewart said.

The only thing that holds the headlight the the forks is the plastic and one screw into the lower triples yeah it is the rear guards are worth the $$ they are usually broken front guard and sidecovers are still available the rest of the plastic is a bit hard to get but still it might not go as high as you think all depends on the day I bought a nos one for a bit but I have some good second hand ones too, thanks Michael.

1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline Nobby25

• B-Grade
  • Could possibly fit other models?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 08:16:17 pm »
Thanks for your help guys, It is going to be a rider so DC will be the go, I cant see the point in getting oem side covers and putting the good original gaurds back on if I am potentialy going to trash them. I would still have to get a headlight surround anyway.What I thought was a headlight bracket may have been a plastic surround painted black ??? not metal.
 As for the shocks is there a special reason for the Heim joints, they are worn a bit, so I might change them to a regular rubber bushes. The bump stops are gone any suggestions for replacements and how to get them on :-\ I cant see how the bottom mount comes off the shaft.
Thanks again Nob
TM125L RM250N TC125L RL250M PE175T RM80C RMX250T ATC70 YZ80B?