Author Topic: true or false ~ on asking seller a postage price  (Read 1552 times)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
true or false ~ on asking seller a postage price
« on: May 07, 2013, 09:05:26 pm »
quote:
 I apologize but we can't anymore, ebay has a new shipping system in place to Australia and we have no control over the shipping costs.
cheers us2wa
Best is in the West !!

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: true or false ~ on asking seller a postage price
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 10:08:12 pm »

Just plain Bullshit
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline PEZBerq

• Legend
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 02:15:06 am »
eBay has zero control over what a seller charges for shipping. If the seller can't be arsed providing an accurate price and just lets the eBay postage calculator set the price then its usually tough to get them to change. It is totally the sellers choice and nothing to do with eBaY rules or other bullshit excuses. I am lucky in that I can switch to using a US address if forced to and get the items forward shipped but it is a pain.
Husqvarnas: 78 390AMX, 82 430XC, 84 240WR, 84 500AE, 84 510TE, 87 510TE

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 08:40:36 am »
Sign up an account with http://www.comgateway.com/ or one of the other mail forwarding companies. (Growing business) so you can circumnavigate all the postage profiteers and those who don't realize that a world exists outside the U.S.

If you buy regularly from the U.S. it's definetly worth having and costs nothing to set up, and is painlessly easy to use and opens up a new dimension of places you can buy from.  Eg. Wallmart.

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 11:27:14 am »
NZPost has just set up a similar service for kiwis, not something you'd expect but I may give it a go at some stage. They list an up to 500g package as costing 17.25 south pacific pesos which isn't too bad

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 07:53:10 pm »
Thanks all.
Its a SoCal store ,so they are probably not to concerned about the small fry buyer for a set of JT ridinggear.
Nice price paid total and not very often we buy from USA either.

Just know for next time.  :)
cheers us2WA
Best is in the West !!

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2013, 11:31:51 am »
Sign up an account with http://www.comgateway.com/ or one of the other mail forwarding companies. (Growing business) so you can circumnavigate all the postage profiteers and those who don't realize that a world exists outside the U.S.

If you buy regularly from the U.S. it's definitely worth having and costs nothing to set up, and is painlessly easy to use and opens up a new dimension of places you can buy from.  Eg. Wallmart.

Do it .It's a breeze and it a pleasure to get items from "Do not ship outside our own country" ....persons.... Tim754
 Last item I received via this method cost $351 !!!! less than the sellers quoted postage and packaging!!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 11:50:34 pm by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2013, 04:40:54 pm »
Ali - JT gear - new style or retro - if retro East Coast Vintage ship at a good price - less to Perth than it was for my mate, form another dealer, to NZ from the States!
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2013, 09:35:12 pm »
Ali - JT gear - new style or retro - if retro East Coast Vintage ship at a good price - less to Perth than it was for my mate, form another dealer, to NZ from the States!

New style .black..
Now they have arrived in Oz and said when shipped cant deliver to PO BOX...got a slip to say pickup from PO  ::)
gets to try them for Pre60/65 feature day this Sunday coming-takin TM250L out for a play !  :P
Best is in the West !!