Author Topic: Mr MOTOCROSS posters  (Read 16514 times)

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Mr MOTOCROSS posters
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2013, 02:35:52 pm »
Gee I know where the original art work for all the Mister motorcross posters are as he printed all Vince's stuff maybe they could do another batch.  ;D

Hmmmm.....now that'd be awesome if you wanted to explore that a little further. I'm tipping it would be a whole simpler these days especially if someone was prepared to scan and put into file format.
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2013, 02:37:17 pm »
Like I said In the first post They are not rare However I will take an 1885 one
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2013, 02:52:21 pm »
I shall make the enquirers
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline AL161

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2013, 02:59:10 pm »
Gents,
Please be aware of the copyright implications of what you are proposing. When Hunter MCC first considered running Mr VMX we paid Vincent  the courtesy of asking him whether he had any objection to our concept and using slogans such as "who will be...." etc and whilst he was generous in his support he asked us not to use any prior artwork... a perfectly reasonable request. What you are proposing may have legal implications and, in my view, certainly has moral implications

Montynut

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2013, 03:14:13 pm »
In support of AL161's comments regarding Vince's support of Mr VMX. He indicated clearly that he still 'owned' the orginal designs and obviously felt that its unauthorised use was very serious as you would expect.

Copies would only debase the originals anyway as they hold there own special place in Australian MX history
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 03:16:34 pm by Montynut »

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2013, 03:23:19 pm »
Im a bit confused....are we inferring that even if the appropriate people give their permission for some reproductions to be legally produced that even then it still shouldn't happen...?  :-\
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

Montynut

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2013, 03:25:04 pm »
The appropiate person would be Vince the shop that has the artwork does not own the design.

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2013, 03:27:47 pm »
The appropiate person would be Vince the shop that has the artwork does not own the design.

Yeah that's what i was getting at mate, Vince being the "appropriate" person..I wouldn't suggest anybody go out on their own mission to reproduce and sell artwork belonging to ANYONE else at all.

Montynut

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2013, 03:39:03 pm »
Gee I know where the original art work for all the Mister motorcross posters are as he printed all Vince's stuff maybe they could do another batch.  ;D

Hmmmm.....now that'd be awesome if you wanted to explore that a little further. I'm tipping it would be a whole simpler these days especially if someone was prepared to scan and put into file format.

Well probably this post didn't really indicate what you posted above as it reads like you were suggesting just scanning the artwork and reproduce it. As we said Vince was very supportive of the Mr VMX idea and event.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 03:40:54 pm by Montynut »

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2013, 03:49:13 pm »

Well probably this post didn't really indicate what you posted above as it reads like you were suggesting just scanning the artwork and reproduce it. As we said Vince was very supportive of the Mr VMX idea and event.

Ahhh ok i see the confusion, wasn't suggesting people just go off doing that on their own venture. Just that if the people who owned the artwork no longer had the means to put it into production it would be a whole lot simpler to do so these days, of course with the consent of the necessary people.

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2013, 03:52:47 pm »
Scrivo, So I escape a jail term for giving our current injured #1 four hard mounted originals for free to hang in his shed but a suspended sentence is still hanging over my head RE : Alloy swingarm :o

See ya at Canberra

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2013, 03:54:37 pm »
contact the black market ;D

Montynut

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2013, 05:06:13 pm »
Scrivo, So I escape a jail term for giving our current injured #1 four hard mounted originals for free to hang in his shed but a suspended sentence is still hanging over my head RE : Alloy swingarm :o

See ya at Canberra

You have not entered Canberra so get to it.

Very kind of you to cheer Sean up a little with the posters. I hope you didn't make him laught busted ribs and laughter don't go together so well :(

I thought the alloy swingarm was all sorted, I hope so as I have two on the way from the US and the alloy welder guys is all ready ti add the brake bracket  :P ;D
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 05:08:59 pm by Montynut »

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2013, 06:06:42 pm »
I'm going to visit him tomorrow. You know, take him some magazines, biscuits, wipe his chin,as you do for the elderly

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2013, 06:27:49 pm »
It happens that Vince is a friend that's why I know who has the art work. I shall speak with both people and find out the facts before I say or promise anything.
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle