Author Topic: Heaven Round 2 - Canberra 18/19 May (Not Mothers Day!!!)  (Read 6900 times)

Offline HVA61

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Heaven Round 2 - Canberra 18/19 May (Not Mothers Day!!!)
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2013, 07:58:43 pm »
Watch out for the snakes Ted.
Autos are the way forward , see you round like a robot
Take the short cut, go Cross Country
The shortest distance between two points is Cross Country
CCM's and HL's bark like mad dogs

Offline Husabergpete

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2013, 07:55:50 am »
Clearing Canberra table tops with an Evo Huskies, Maicos and Yamahas. Some of our guys were on fire this weekend.

Perfect clear skys day and night. Minus around 3 both nights. The smarter riders didn't stay out camping in canvas tents, vans and bike trailers. All were coated in ice.

Really good turn out of new and older members. Largest group I have seen in recent years at the Southern most Heaven race meeting.

Saturdays practice track started out looking a bit like a bed of marbles, it had been machine ripped when it had a good amount of water in it. Riders soon found a smooth line or two around the whole track. Unfortunately Mickey #24 had a single bike spill whilst punting around on his 74 CZ. Trip in the white van into town. Shoulder in a sling now for a while. Wish him a quick fix.

4 sessions of around 40mins gave everyone enough practice and bike checking time. The sun dropped to eye level around 4pm - same time as we pulled up and settled into a bit of social catch up. Some excellent open fires kept the social talk going.  Only thing missing was Fernando and a bit of South African fire water. We were lucky to have him turn up for practice Saturday but unfortunately he had other commitments for Saturday night and race day.

Greg and Dennis machine groomed the track into the dark on Saturday night. Sunday morning we were lucky enough to have them take the perma frost of most of the track before a short practice. Then into some A grade racing.

Great spread of bikes across Pre 75, Ladies, 4 Strokes (more and more of these turning up), Pre 78, Evo and Pre 85. Two thirds grids for most groups.

Close racing most of the day. Some of the New Guys showed us how it is done on these modern tracks. Grant on his fathers Open Maicos, Pepe on the KTM 4 stroke, Horrie on a YZ 465, and Liam who just came up from Juniors to ride his fathers XC Husky really put on some action.

There was some smooth action from a few of the not so up front runners, Phil # 777 on his Evo and Pre 75 Huskies (missing a pre 78 to make the set) who has been perfecting his style over the last couple of years. Not one front end wash out all weekend. Wife will be over the moon when she sees the Uber Kleen Husky Jersey. Zero roost on the front and no muddy sleaves and back from steady speed tip overs. Peter Barber impressed the flaggies with his loose style and yelps of pleasure as he negotiated his Yammy trail bikes past their flag points.  Andrew on his pristine YZ 250 put in a tidy show this weekend as well. As usual the bike ran like a clock. No spills, no argie bargie, no break downs and no Running out of Fuel issues (Note this one Sean).

The guys that put together the flag marshalling teams for practice and the main event racing would like to extend their thanks to all those people who pitched in, signed up, turned up and helped the rest of us get a safe ride in over the weekend. Best coverage of flaggies ever I was told. And everyone was facing the right way. Hooray.

Next challenge is track watering to get the dust vs slippery ratio right. 

Horrie # 32 and Carl Bletcher # 7 on his 490 Maico put on some of the closest, cleanest, fastest racing in recent times. Both racers aged on the other side of 50% showing us what 100% racing looks like. Both Ex A graders from when their bikes were new so I am told.

Jens Olsen arrived early (for a change) in his original Vintage Base Station (1972 Dyna Pantec). Brought a full range of Olsen Specials - TS 400, TS 185 hybrid and KX 125 down piper. Jens told me his factory mechanic is in charge of maintenance and R&D. Trouble is his mechanic is his pet Schnowzer pooch.

I had an interesting chat with Jens on Saturday and I asked him what year did he win the Australian MX Title. He had to think for a minute or so then said it was either 73 or 74. Obviously not that important to him now days. A true VMXer

Anyway, waiting for Mrs Hardo's pics to put some colour on the page.

Back to work.......

Pete

« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 09:32:00 pm by Husabergpete »
KTM 250 1980,  Maico 250 AW 1977, Husqvarna CR 430 1981, , CZ 250 1973 and a 550 Husaberg

Offline reg

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2013, 07:03:09 pm »
excellent round up Pete, my first meeting on a decent bike in over 30 years and had a ball, big thanks to every one involved with the heaven club, looking forward to the rest of the year.

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2013, 08:34:13 pm »
Clearing Canberra table tops with an Evo Huskies, Maicos and Yamahas. Some of our guys were on fire this weekend.

Perfect clear skys day and night. Minus around 3 both nights. The smarter riders didn't stay out camping in canvas tents, vans and bike trailers. All were coated in ice.

Really good turn out of new and older members. Largest group I have seen in recent years at the Southern most Heaven race meeting.

Saturdays practice track started out looking a bit like a bed of marbles, it had been machine ripped when it had a good amount of water in it. Riders soon found a smooth line or two around the whole track. Unfortunately Mickey #24 had a single bike spill whilst punting around on his 74 CZ. Trip in the white van into town. Shoulder in a sling now for a while. Wish him a quick fix.

4 sessions of around 40mins gave everyone enough practice and bike checking time. The sun dropped to eye level around 4pm - same time as we pulled up and settled into a bit of social catch up. Some excellent open fires kept the social talk going.  Only thing missing was Fernando and a bit of South African fire water. We were lucky to have him turn up for practice Saturday but unfortunately he had other commitments for Saturday night and race day.

Greg and Dennis machine groomed the track into the dark on Saturday night. Sunday morning we were lucky enough to have them take the perma frost of most of the track before a short practice. Then into some A grade racing.

Great spread of bikes across Pre 75, Ladies, 4 Strokes (more and more of these turning up), Pre 78, Evo and Pre 85. Two thirds grids for most groups.

Close racing most of the day. Some of the New Guys showed us how it is done on these modern tracks. Grant on his fathers Open Maicos, Pepe on the KTM 4 stroke, Horrie on a YZ 465, and Liam who just came up from Juniors to ride his fathers XC Husky really put on some action.

Horrie and Carl B on his 490 Maico was some of closest clean racing to date.

Anyway, waiting for Mrs Hardo's pics to put some colour on the page.

Back to work.......

Pete

You may be missing your calling Pete, I hung on every word of your post, as though I were seven and it had been written by Dickens. Mentions of Maicos, tabletops and even Ladies, well done.

I have just arrived home from Glenn's place and there is no doubt that your story checks out ;D One of his biggest smiles to date,,, Quote, "It was the best weekend of VMX racing I have ever had",, good rap.   
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 08:36:12 pm by Mick D »
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline PCMAX

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2013, 06:20:43 pm »
Mrs Hardo where are you? You go and get us addicted to your pictorial contributions after every HEAVEN event & then nothing.....
I have no doubt that there are several others who are hanging out, like junkies around a methadone clinic, for your next fix of photobucket uploads.
Ya got to help us out here ......
74 MX250A, 75 CR250, 82 CR125, 82 YZ250J, 84 XR250,

Offline mick25

• Legend
  • Hunter valley NSW
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2013, 06:32:32 pm »
Mrs Hardo where are you? You go and get us addicted to your pictorial contributions after every HEAVEN event & then nothing.....
I have no doubt that there are several others who are hanging out, like junkies around a methadone clinic, for your next fix of photobucket uploads.
Ya got to help us out here ......
She told me last time she up loaded photos on photo bucket it had changed and is now slow ,something like that .
or shes busy polishing HARDOS green machines ;D 

Offline Hardo

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2013, 10:38:27 pm »
LOL Team... tooooo funny...

Rest assured Mick that she doesn't clean my bikes ....  (working on that one.... )   :D :P :D

The pics are coming !   Saturdays pics will be up tonight....   :)

Photobucket is hell slow....   :-\

Offline Mrs Hardo

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2013, 11:00:01 pm »
I thought I was the only one that had the addiction to my photos.... clearly not  ;)

Have put the link up for Saturday. Still editing Sundays but they will follow I promise !

Mrs Hardo

Offline Hardo

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2013, 01:12:39 pm »
BTW - Great write-up Pete... You should throw them into a journal.

The racing pics from Sunday are getting there and will be up this afternoon. They are currently 81% done.

:)

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2013, 02:04:21 pm »
Fark the journal. He goes under the pen name of ERNEST HEMMINGWAY :o
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Montynut

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2013, 04:49:59 pm »
Fark the journal. He goes under the pen name of ERNEST HEMMINGWAY :o

Gezzuz Ted a guy goes out of his way to add a little character to the club by penning a great little report sheeeez your a hard nut ;D

Pete Ringo for a segment on Fox Sport is my vote  :P  :D

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2013, 04:54:27 pm »
You get my text?
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Montynut

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2013, 04:58:50 pm »
You get my text?
Just now that I looked :-[

Offline rtb

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2013, 08:49:29 am »
Updated point score has been added to Heavens website. Go to members log in page and it is under 2013 point score.

if you don't have enough points don't whinge to me.

Have a great day.

Cheers

Offline Kenneth S (222)

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Sydney, Australia
    • View Profile
    • 24 Hour T-shirts
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2013, 08:34:29 pm »
Updated point score has been added to Heavens website. Go to members log in page and it is under 2013 point score.

if you don't have enough points don't whinge to me.

Have a great day.

Cheers

Can someone PM me the password please? I know it is something easy but I'll be buggered if I can remember it!
Kenneth S
Go For It

Heaven VMX Club - Racing No 222 - 79 CR250RZ - 84 CR250RE (Steam Train) - 89 CR250RK

Race Bike History
76 RM125A, 77 RM125B, 78 RM125C, RM400C, 79 CR250RZ, 80 YZ250G, 81 RM465X, 82-83 RM490 Frank Pons Special(Beetle's 81 Race Bike)