Author Topic: Very Handy  (Read 2282 times)

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
Very Handy
« on: May 08, 2008, 06:56:43 am »
http://www.myus.com/

Just what every online addicted shopper needs.Checked 20kg rate and was $239US which is very reasonable, also trackable and fully insured.
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Re: Very Handy
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 08:55:05 am »
there are a few of em now like  this Lozza, alos uship has been working a treat for me as well $350 US to get a bike from Michagan to cali. must have taken the guy days.   Thats less than Qld to MElb in price and  wayyyyyy longer.
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 05:00:39 pm »
For 150kg which is about the size of a crate you need to ship a bike in it would cost $1500 to NZ. But I wonder if that would include dangerous goods doco's and anything else.

It cost me $600 to send my bike to Brisbane from here and I didnt have a tank on it, so I didnt have to have to send it as dangerous goods.
If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 05:05:52 pm »
You're talking about the Noguchi, right DJ? Did you bring the tank in hand luggage?
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

mx250

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 10:14:19 am »
Stange conincidence, I just got this unsolicitored email;

"Moto-Tek International Shipping Program

Hello,

We would like to offer you the opportunity to try our International Shipping Program!

This program was designed for all of our highly valued customers like yourself who do not reside in the USA but would like to purchase items on ebay from other sellers or from any other websites that do not offer international shipping.

Here is how it works-

Once you find any item on ebay you would like to purchase or from any other retailer and the seller will not offer international shipping to your location.

- Simply contact us via email with the ebay item number you wish to purchase.

- We will then "bid on it" up to your preset spending limit or use "buy it now" for you.

- Or you could simply purchase it and have it shipped to our mailing address.

- We will then charge you the total price plus the calculated shipping costs both ways plus our small handling fee.

- We will then have the seller ship your item to our location.

- We will then ship the item to you in their packaging via the USPS, safe & secure.

- Or you could simply purchase an item from any website and give them our mailing address to ship the package to and we will then send it on to you, same fees apply.

- You can’t loose, it’s a win, win situation for everyone!

We will only charge you a small fee of just 15% of whatever the selling price of each item is. Example, if an item sells for $100 our fee would be $15.00

Shipping costs will be calculated from the USPS website to your location with the size and weight of each package.

We have several regular customers in Australia, Brazil and the United Kingdom who are now using this program regularly and really love the benefits it offers them.

If our international shipping program sounds good to you just let us know and we can go over any further details or questions you may have via email.

As always, we have maintained 100% positive feedback and a great reputation on ebay for being very honest, trustworthy and a dependable seller to all of our customers.

From the Ebay, Moto-Tek 454 Super Store,

Thank you and we hope to hear from you soon!

Jim & Crew
"

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 04:06:38 pm »
Wombat, the crate size for the Noguchi had a chargeable wieght of 151.6kg but the actual wieght of the crate was 132kg, and the bike didnt have a complete engine (the barrel was off and no piston) and yeah I bought the tank over in a box in my luggage but I didnt carry it on as hand luggage though.

To get the crate from my place Wangavmx to Auckland and then to Brisbane cost me $au240 quoted, which I thought was bloody good, but then Aussie AQIS wanted $au90 for looking at the crate, and no customs . At that time I was thinking, shit shot $400 to get the bike here,, not bad, bloody good so far. Then I had to get the bike moved from my shipping company back to where it first original was stored, at TOLL. That cost $au65 and my shipping company charged me a further $au204 for handling, storage, Documentation and GST. So for a total of $au600 I got to ride my bike at CD5...  cool.
If I had have shipped the bike as a motorbike the dangerous goods would have cost another $65 plus the kg's per $ went from .92c/kg to about $3.10/1kg.
If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 05:37:05 pm »
You certainly thought it out DJ; I doubt there's a cheaper way.
and NO WAY to get around the various charges fom Customs and AQIS etc.
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

mx250

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2008, 07:35:57 am »
I wrote to them...

"An interesting service and one I will be able to make use of.

What would be particularly handy for me would be to buy a number of small items and then, say once a month, post them to me. This should bring down the postage per item which is often a 'deal killer'. Can you provide such a service?

Cheers, Graeme
."

They wrote to me...

"Hi Graeme,

That’s no problem at all, we are here to help in any way we can.
Just let me know of each item as they are purchased and shipped.

Thanks for your reply. Jim
"

Hmmm, things gey interesting 8) :)

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2008, 09:22:03 pm »
Jesus only loves two strokes