Author Topic: Nowra report  (Read 3095 times)

Wollongongwolf

Nowra report
« on: April 15, 2013, 08:12:51 pm »
Hi all, Nowra ride done and dusted, and it was dusty. Was pretty happy with the turn out. We were a little slack on the head count, we all seemed to get into the riding instead of counting, but at the end of the day we decided we had around 25 riders give or take a couple and we reckon there were around 35 Vinduro,VMX bikes. There were also 4 or 5 modern bikes who came to ride with friends or their Vinduro bikes were in various stages of repair. I also spoke to 3 or 4 guys who came for a look, not sure how tuff the course would be,but keen now for next time.
Was a beautiful warm day, maybe a bit to warm, think in the end it reached over 30 degrees. I had marked out an 8 kilometre run, not sure of the skill levels of all riders who were coming, so I hoped I mixed it up enough for all. It ranged from single trail, fire trails with some nasty whoops, fast sections, rocky climbs, creek crossings.
I started the day leading a group of 6 or 7 to show them the lay of the land and a second group of around the same number. Was very dusty, bit hard to see if you were at the back of the pack. So after the first lap it ended up every man for themselves. We had groups and individuals belting out a few loops.
We didn't seem to have any major breakdowns, seemed to be the usual KTM starting problems and some KTM clutch woes. The rice burners pretended not to notice, good sports we are .
I stopped mid trail to check on an overheated Tymes on a TT600 and my XL was promptly mounded on the rear by an out of control CR500 riden by Adam. No damage, both Hondas.
Brooksie went for an adventure off the maked trail with a couple of mates to great section with a nasty rocky step up section, made it up, but looked like they were about to melt when i saw them pop out of the section,so made the wise decision to head back to the main track. I have done this section many times on my DRZ400, but not willing to punish my body or the old Honda on it! Brooksie did comment that if we return, that section has got to be on the loop. That's fine with me, but if it is hot, take plenty of water, I seen it destroy many riders, tough work for some.
Some of the boys were determined to do 100 kilometres, but in the end they reckon they did 8 laps, not sure if it was a big fish story or the heat had cooked their brains and had lost count.There seemed to be a few arm chair riders after a few laps, saying they were enjoying the shade and telling back in the day stories.
I did 5 laps, but as the day was just about finished my son, mate and myself did a mystery tour for 20 minutes around the many single tracks and just made it down and up a nasty , muddy gully, think it was the only mud in the place that day.
The guys from Canberra and Canowindra stayed Saturday night and had a great set up, think they had done the ride weekend ride thing more than once. Great bunch of blokes, sorry I can't remember all the names, but there were a lot of Bills. Hope to catch up with them at Canowindra, even got an invite down to Heaven in Canberra, but not sure if the XL counts as VMX.
A dozen or so members of the Classic and Enthusiasts Motorcycle club turned up for a look, on their way back from Nerriga, but I missed them as I was out bashing the trails. Turned up with some great Nortons, triumphs and Ducaties I was told.
All up I got mostly positive feedback on the day. Couple said they would like it a little tougher, longer. Did my best for a one man band, as I said was not sure how many would turn up or skill level.
Club was happy to have us and happy to have us again. I spoke to Wayne the President of the club, said if we want a longer run, he would be happy to go out with a few of us, work out a circuit so that we can have more tough sections and an easier route around for those who like it a little more relaxed and to make it longer circuit.
So any riders with some feedback or positive suggestions for the future if you think we should do it again sometime, let me know.
I think the campers were happy, had  toilets and the showers were running for the group, so think it would be good for any traveling riders if we have a future event.
Bit slack on the pics, to busy chatting with the different groups and riding. Was going to do some go pro movies, but in the end, didn't want to miss out on ride time, also bit to dusty. Got a few pics of the bikes and riders, so if you wanted to see the action, guess you should of come. Will try and get them up here, but always seem to have problems posting them on the forum.
Wayne also said if any groups want to arrange a VMX ride  Viduro or any other event to contact them, they are very supportive and would love to have you down. They have the tracks, trails and a few facilities, you may as well us them if on offer.
So if you are interested in helping arrange something bigger in the future or just want to meet up and get a group together for another casual run,put it out there.
If you ride with your mates or want to take the kids out for a good day, Nowra is always open all school holidays and Friday through to Monday every week, but always check their calendar in case they have an event on.

Thanks to all the riders for your support and to Nowra and District Motorcycle club for the use of the tracks. Big thanks to all the guys who traveled many hours, but the winner would have to be Adrian on the KTM two stroke, drove all the way over night to Albury to drop off a bike he sold, then turned around, headed straight back to Nowra to ride and give his support. Thanks for that, really appreciated.
So hope to see you all on the trails again soon
Brent

Offline oz555ktm

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Nowra report
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 12:08:09 am »

« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 08:38:10 pm by oz555ktm »
And Please forgive me as I cant Spell for Shit ...
And I have very Bad Gramer ...too I been told ......

Offline ozktm

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 11:14:47 am »
This has the making of a good weekend in the future.

The trails can be hit for some fun, plus the mx track was available and looking pretty good.
Kids can come and ride on the junior and mx tracks etc, making it family time as well.

Look forward to future events here! Next time, hopefully, all i have to do is drive 40mins to have ride.....

Adrian
Regards,
Adrian Goold #101

'72 KTM 175 |'74.5 KTM 250 |'74.5 KTM 400 |Hagon/KTM 250 proj|'76 MC5 250 Project |'76 MC5 400|'78 KTM 250 Project |'81 KTM 250 MC | '81 KTM 495 MC

Offline Dan-166

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 12:40:45 pm »
Maybe next time Holmesy will remember to take some pants. :) :) :)

He didnt quite get it right trying to hide behind the wheelie bin.

Offline rtb

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 01:35:20 pm »
And beer and petrol !!!!!!!

Bill C drove over from Canberra and forgot his helmet.

Good complex, yes Ted a complex!! Offers a lot. You can ride heaps of trails on the complex or go trail riding in the bush if you have a registered bike.
Only 10 minutes back into town.

Wollongongwolf

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 02:38:51 pm »
Thanks for the feedback all. well with that complex you could make it a good family event as suggested. I would like to take my son riding in the Vinduro events, but as he is 15 he cant ride in them, Nowra he can, even if it means he can ride his DRZ about and not at home wishing he was riding. you only got them wanting to hang around with you for such a short time.
You could really get keen, have the kids on the kids track with kids enduro loop as well, VMX out on  the track and the Vinduro out on some great bush Enduro loops.
But as I said, keen to have another go at it, but would need some help on working out the loops for the expert and novice riders. Club is keen to do it. just need some input from others and a date I guess.
if that does not work, well, lets all meet up for another get together later in the year.Plenty of single tracks out there waiting. what do you think?

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 06:04:49 pm »
oz555ktm is your go to man then
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline xl59

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 06:37:27 pm »
Na DAn THey wouldnt jet me ride in shorts and thongs so i took em off.Cheers GREG

Offline Ando

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2013, 08:22:07 pm »
And beer and petrol !!!!!!!

Bill C drove over from Canberra and forgot his helmet.

Good complex, yes Ted a complex!! Offers a lot. You can ride heaps of trails on the complex or go trail riding in the bush if you have a registered bike.
Only 10 minutes back into town.

What is this for all the old guys Robert?  :D :D :D

Offline oz555ktm

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2013, 08:34:58 pm »

« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 04:52:01 pm by oz555ktm »

Offline oz555ktm

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2013, 08:54:11 pm »
   At the moment I am just loving Vinduro..

Why  ???????

Ist layed back and just Fun. you can ride all day or just do a few laps and call it beer oclock ...

If you want go hard ya can or you can just put around .

You dont need to to have the best model made or the best brand (KTM) .
      you dont even need to turn up wilh a clean bike ..
      But Nice Bike do get a lot of blokes sanding around them ....Looking
      You can even Make a Bitsa Check out the KDX with a Honda motor  Arrr its Just all Fun ..

If you have not tryed this you should Check out the Vinduro Calender in Vinduro on this Fourm ...
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 08:57:34 pm by oz555ktm »