Author Topic: What is the point and why do people bother [ pissed off ]  (Read 7858 times)

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
What is the point and why do people bother [ pissed off ]
« on: April 14, 2013, 11:11:34 am »
Have rounded up a bunch of kids to take to the Aratula QLD [ run by Rosevale Church of Christ ] trail ride.
This is the most kid friendly trail ride I have ever been to , it is well organized  and is a heap of fun .

Soooo I ask a mate who is involved when it's on.

He tells me " Didn't you hear ? Some one who owns or runs a Bike park has complained to the local council that the owner of the land is making money from this ride and now the council are checking into it !  The ride is off until the owner can come to some arrangement  with the council ."

The guy who owns the land has DONATED the use of his land PROVIDING ALL the money  goes to CHARITY and has done for the last 25 bloody years.
He has never received a cent.
All the workers are volunteers and have never been paid a cent.

Yep
I am pissed and I won't be going to any bike parks in the area again .
Ever
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 11:42:02 am by Mike52 »
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline shortshifter

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast QLD
    • View Profile
Re: What is the point and why do people bother [ pissed off ]
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 08:58:18 am »
Yes Mike if its kocher its bloody pathetic isn't it? :(

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 10:14:24 am »
I'me wondering if the complainer is going to make up the shortfall in charity money and when people start to winge about little kids riding their bikes around the neighbourhood will he say " that's down to me shutting down their once a year trail ride ".
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 10:37:58 am »

Yep
I am pissed and I won't be going to any bike parks in the area again .
Ever

I completely agree with your feelings towards the low life fun police that would do this, but I reckon your chosen form of protest might be exactly what the whingers want you to do. :-\
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 11:21:41 am »
It's all part of the "user pays" mentality of the effing govt.
Harrisvile circuit is fantastic but every time they try to expand they get kicked for the very same reason. MA were shocked when they were told that there was atrack going on there-had no idea and are not happy at all as their "little baby" Wyaralong is their money maker. The councils and Govt. use it for plenty of PR miles that's for sure.
The sooner we give them the arse the better. If Stanthorpe, Warwick and now Dalby can do it, why can't we?.
I know it will be far cheaper for the sidecar guys to do their own nationals (ASA) than pay MA for what is essentially a  "one day" licence. ( to run in an MA national you must buy a national licence for almost $300-probably the reason the post classic nats fell over.)

Offline steve234

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 11:49:31 am »
Jump on the warwick dirt bike club web page and scroll through all the notices etc. It's a good read with lots of little spiels about MQ etc. Looks as though mx has become very popular out that way since they started looking after themselves.
Bultaco M106 Astro
Wanted: Dirt track bikes / parts / info

Offline steve234

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 11:51:48 am »
Apologies for the hijack Mike52.

Makes you wonder why that bike park didn't offer to sponsor the charlty ride and promote themselves to all those participants? They might have done a good thing and made a quid out of it!
Bultaco M106 Astro
Wanted: Dirt track bikes / parts / info

Offline Viper666

• Legend
  • "Yes I bought THAT number plate" so sue me!
    • View Profile
    • Ballarat Rovers MCC
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 12:03:08 pm »

Perhaps a little campaign against the park is in order. Go to the local news, Current Affair. Today Tonight?

Or got to the park & note every violation & report back to council.

The only downside to this is if you suceed in closing it down many others will miss out not just the kids.

There's not enough places to ride as it is without riders actually involved in their closures.

Slipery slope.

Has anyone approached this guy to see if he understands/knows all the details behind the ride? Maybe just pure ignorance?

But if indeed it's sour grapes as he's not getting money for the day then attack him in a way it hurts him (Push boycott) but doesn't hurt the park.

Maybe the next bloke (owner) will get on board and help out.
Thank the Lord for Melbourne Bitter, anti-inflamatory drugs & an understanding wife.
YZ80H, YZ100G, YZ125E, YZ125F, YZ125G, YZ250D, YZ250E, YZ250F, YZ250G, YZ250H, YZ400F, IT125G, IT250K & a, a, a,      CRF250X???????    

How the FUG did that sh*tbox Honda get in here?

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2013, 01:18:15 pm »
Surely it would be a simple matter of explaining the situation to the Council?
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2013, 01:41:41 pm »
Surely it would be a simple matter of explaining the situation to the Council?
Mike I agree that you have a perfect right to be totally pissed off but to keep everyone happy it might be a good idea as Lozza says, to meet and talk to council, giving them the full evidence that it's a purely community based charity endevour that's been operating for 25 years with no trouble. It'd be a pretty heartless council that'd knock back a church based kids activity. The local bike park guy must be a bit of a spoil sport but it's probably a good idea to also talk with him to hear his concerns face to face and try and work around them. If all of that fails......Tracy Grimshhaw on A Current Affair loves these stories ;)
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2013, 05:20:48 pm »
Opening a can of worms.....
A bunch of kids riding around a paddock for $5.00 a head for charity as opposed to a "safe" ride park with all facilities, fully insured for 'only' $45.00.
Don't wave a red flag in front of these pricks---just melt into the night........... and let them wonder where we all went. ;) 

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2013, 08:31:22 am »
This was not some fly by night setup.
They had -> Ambulance -> Hire Toilets -> Rules -> food and even a paramedic lady to back up.

The land owner is trying to sort the problem out with council and they hope to have the ride later in the year.

My spew is that the land owner should not have to " sort the problem out " as there was no problem to start with.

I go to a few trail rides and this one was the best kids one of the lot.
The adults tracks weren't bad either  ;D
To see heaps of tiny little people dressed in full body armor is just the best feeling

Friend of mine went to what I believe is the only bike park in that shire , fell off and broke his arm.
Went to the office to report it only to be told that it was bruised and was treated like a fool.
Went to hospital to get it set and plastered , broken in 2 places.
He won't be going back .

Little side bar.
The church also runs a horsey trail ride for charity.
No complaints there ::)

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2013, 07:52:43 am »
Latest news on this topic.
The owner of the land who has donated his land and time for the last 25 years for charity was called before council and asked to explain.
The end result after much angst was that the owner had to present council with a letter stating that the event was for charity and not a business.
The trail ride is on this Monday 7/10/2013 and the wanker who complained can go jump.

One small thing about this is that approx 600 bike riders now know what sort of bloke this guy is and yes he doe's run a well known bike park/complex.
Great advertising for both this trail ride and the bike park but for very different reasons.

Should have checked first knob. >:(

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2013, 09:36:34 am »
That's good news Mike.

Offline Ktm181

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2013, 09:14:36 am »

WOW, CONGRATULATIONS to all involved!  Now, how about confirming who the complainant is/was and name them, it would be a matter of public record now the meeting is over and decision made, lets his customers know the sort they are suporting.

just a thought?