Author Topic: Does VMX in Australia need a refresh?  (Read 38328 times)

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Does VMX in Australia need a refresh?
« Reply #150 on: April 16, 2013, 09:05:11 pm »
Sorry but I don't agree with some aspects. I'm happy to point the finger and bear the brunt. The nsw guys are letting their own team down. With one week to go there were only thirty entries. None of this is rocket science. It seems that I'm the only one that wants to be the bad guy and say what needs to be said.
Fact: the majority has to come from the local pool of riders as obviously the greater the distance, the less likely one will travel.
Fact: 60 to 70 riders had to come from NSW.
Fact: Both mr Vmx events also had poor numbers.
So you guys don't support your own big events.
From where I'm sitting you guys want to be 'lord of the flies' and race in a club day. I say this as I was talking to someone that was walking through the spectators at mr Vmx looking at all the guys that were heaven members just watching. Saying they didn't want to ride against all the "fast guys".
I really think this should be a wake up call for the nsw Vmx community to get behind these events. They should be bigger than Ben Hur.
Obviously good on the guys that did enter.
I also cannot believe how people talk about the cost of entering and how expensive this and that are in Vmx. Wake up guys! This is a Motorsport. Relate it to ANY OTHER FORM OF MOTOR SPORT. It is the cheapest by far. Go road racing, motarding, enduro, modern mx etc etc. This shit is dirt cheap. Not to mention as cheap or as dear as you want by way of bike you own/purchase.

So you're happy to be the bad guy and say what needs to be said, me too  ;) Not everyone thinks the way do, not everyone who doesn't do what you do is wrong. Blaming an entire state riding fraternity (again) for something is prob not the greatest way to attempt to make your argument. People have a right to do, think, feel, participate, not participate as they wish, thats just kinda how this life thing works. (well in this great country anyway)   ;)
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 16, 2013, 09:17:20 pm »
Quote from: Rookie#1 link=topic=28675.msg280896#msg280896 date=
[/quote

So you're happy to be the bad guy and say what needs to be said, me too  ;) Not everyone thinks the way do, not everyone who doesn't do what you do is wrong. Blaming an entire state riding fraternity (again) for something is prob not the greatest way to attempt to make your argument. People have a right to do, think, feel, participate, not participate as they wish, thats just kinda how this life thing works. (well in this great country anyway)   ;)
Yeah for sure. It's obvious I'm fond of what I like and I'm very passionate about Vmx. It goes without saying we can all do what we want. I'm looking at it as a big picture. As a movement. To keep it alive and breathing FFS support these events so as Vmx stays viable.

Offline odd1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 16, 2013, 09:24:36 pm »
Sorry but I don't agree with some aspects. I'm happy to point the finger and bear the brunt. The nsw guys are letting their own team down. With one week to go there were only thirty entries. None of this is rocket science. It seems that I'm the only one that wants to be the bad guy and say what needs to be said.
Fact: the majority has to come from the local pool of riders as obviously the greater the distance, the less likely one will travel.
Fact: Both mr Vmx events also had poor numbers.
So you guys don't support your own big events.
From where I'm sitting you guys want to be 'lord of the flies' and race in a club day. I say this as I was talking to someone that was walking through the spectators at mr Vmx looking at all the guys that were heaven members just watching. Saying they didn't want to ride against all the "fast guys".
I really think this should be a wake up call for the nsw Vmx community to get behind these events. They should be bigger than Ben Hur.
Obviously good on the guys that did enter.
I also cannot believe how people talk about the cost of entering and how expensive this and that are in Vmx. Wake up guys! This is a Motorsport. Relate it to ANY OTHER FORM OF MOTOR SPORT. It is the cheapest by far. Go road racing, motarding, enduro, modern mx etc etc. This shit is dirt cheap. Not to mention as cheap or as dear as you want by way of bike you own/purchase.

I agree with this statement

Offline Woody

• A-Grade
  • Heaven #70
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 16, 2013, 09:30:57 pm »
Lakes MBC / Montynut - Just an idea but has anyone at the club thought about notifying all the PC entrants by email about the cancelation? It has been brought to light here that not all the entrants may be forum dwellers and I'd hate to think that someone may travel some distance and turn up to the locked gates on 3rd May.  (posted here as the PC thread is locked  ;))

Woody
WANTED 

1988/89 125 - CR KX YZ   
YZ125G, YZ250H and YZ80G parts
IT200 stuff
CR250RD parts

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 16, 2013, 09:44:16 pm »
Lakes MBC / Montynut - Just an idea but has anyone at the club thought about notifying all the PC entrants by email about the cancelation? It has been brought to light here that not all the entrants may be forum dwellers and I'd hate to think that someone may travel some distance and turn up to the locked gates on 3rd May.  (posted here as the PC thread is locked  ;))
Woody

Pretty sure the level 4 Race Secretary has this under control. :)
Best is in the West !!

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 16, 2013, 09:48:32 pm »
Nathan - please don't compliment or agree with him - geeez!

Careful Rossco lest I start looking for more Collingwood jokes. ;D

One thing about the classics is that the tracks are usually tamer and guys are more comfortable to come out of the woodwork to ride that one big event.
Post classic tends to be a bit more serious in regards to the track so some guys may be thinking “I’m out of my depth here so I will just watch all the fast guys ride”
This may be more the case when longer races and past champions are talked about.

As to the cost of entering, it’s more about the dollar V fun ratio for me.
If I had actually managed to reassemble one of my KX’s then I would have to decide if the $grand to ride would be worth it or would I just ride local events, of which we are spoilt for choice.
Not everyone has that spare grand to enter one event.

Agreed.
I thought with Heaven and guys like Montynut being involved that the event would have run fine and the fact that Heaven have used this track before was a good sign.
So did the locals know something that the rest of us didn’t?

Question #1
Is the $2200.00 dollar MA fee the same for all Championship events?
If the minibikers have 700 riders turn up that works out to be around $3 a head whereas if the club had got there 120 riders then the MA fee would have been around $18 a head.
Vintage is never going to draw in massive numbers so I think MA has to come to the party and make it more reasonable for clubs to run these events.

Question #2
Does the club have to run every single class that is written in the book?
Surely the clubs can decide which classes they choose to run?
I’ve said it before that I don’t see the reasoning behind having an under 30 age class, these guys have the ‘all in age’ class to ride. Younger guys don’t need segregating from the older guys to give them a chance.

Also running the age class only in Evo I believe was a massive mistake, it should have been pre 90 or at the very least pre 85.
Making the age class’s to suit the least number of entrants makes it very unviable.
This could be another reason why older riders didn’t want to run in pre85 or pre90 if they thought they would be racing younger guys.
It can often be more psychological
What’s the closing date to make submissions on this to MA?
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 16, 2013, 10:04:42 pm »
Also running the age class only in Evo I believe was a massive mistake, it should have been pre 90 or at the very least pre 85.
Making the age class’s to suit the least number of entrants makes it very unviable.
This could be another reason why older riders didn’t want to run in pre85 or pre90 if they thought they would be racing younger guys.
Are you saying that Evo would have the least amount of entrants? If so, it's the opposite.
Evo should have been the biggest class.
All of the 125 classes would have to be combined as they don't get the numbers.
Age group racing should be split into two gate drops. 30-39 and 40-49, then the older guys in the second drop.
I agree that there shouldn't be an under 30's class.

Montynut

« Reply #157 on: April 16, 2013, 10:07:26 pm »
Question #1
Is the $2200.00 dollar MA fee the same for all Championship events?
If the minibikers have 700 riders turn up that works out to be around $3 a head whereas if the club had got there 120 riders then the MA fee would have been around $18 a head.
Vintage is never going to draw in massive numbers so I think MA has to come to the party and make it more reasonable for clubs to run these events.
The fee for all other forms of National title permit is I believe $4200. VMX has the fee halved due to the hard work of the MA sub-committee. This recognises the split of VMX
Question #2
Does the club have to run every single class that is written in the book?
Surely the clubs can decide which classes they choose to run?
I’ve said it before that I don’t see the reasoning behind having an under 30 age class, these guys have the ‘all in age’ class to ride. Younger guys don’t need segregating from the older guys to give them a chance.
YES They must offer all the classes as writen in the MOMS.
Unfortunately the MOMS states EVO and that could not be changed for 2013. It was realised that this was not ideal but there was no alternative
What’s the closing date to make submissions on this to MA?

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 16, 2013, 10:17:05 pm »
Are you saying that Evo would have the least amount of entrants? If so, it's the opposite. 

No, I’m saying that there would be a lot of guys having to stand around and watch the Age races because they don’t have a bike with 2 shocks.
The age racing should be available for everyone at the event.
Personally if I was going to race other 50 year olds I wouldn’t care which Era bike they were riding.

Good to hear they are doing double gate drops, I saw this in the USA in 85 and it got through classes a lot quicker

Montynut

« Reply #159 on: April 16, 2013, 10:18:36 pm »
Brad I think GMC is suggesting that the age races should be based on a later ERA in the Post Classic similiar to the Classic Nationals. Age races at the Classics is Pre75 and Pre75, Pre70, Pre65 and even Pre60 bikes can be entered so that the field draws on a much larger field of entrants. In the PC Nationals using EVO for ages rtaces means that even if 15 EVO 125 enter those 15 need to spit up into possibly 6 age races. If there were 15 EVO 125s, 12 Pre85 125s and 8 Pre90 125s then the 125 age races could draw on an entrant pool of 35 bikes. This is a thing for 2014 possibly

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 16, 2013, 10:23:22 pm »
Yes Monty, that’s my thinking.
I know it couldn’t be done this year but it was something I tried to suggest when the split was first proposed.
How do we submit this to MA?

Montynut

« Reply #161 on: April 16, 2013, 10:25:14 pm »
Already submitted ;)

I believe submissions closed last month for 2014 MOMS but could be wrong
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 10:37:46 pm by Montynut »

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 16, 2013, 10:50:33 pm »
I believe submissions closed last month for 2014 MOMS but could be wrong

Correct.
1st March for submissions/changes and 8th March for 2014 Nationals.
Cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline Hardo

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 16, 2013, 11:03:12 pm »
Brad, so you're passionate about VMX.... that's great. Pretty sure most of us if not all in here are.

To fob off the cost of entry is to throw your head deep in the sand mate. Whilst you might be walking tall and feeling like it is 'cheap', I'll bet a lot aren't. Myself included.
Comparing to other Motorsports isn't anywhere near the point I was making. I am not that Naive. I was simply pointing out a possible REASON why many may not have entered.
eg: I can enter 5 of the 6 rounds with HEAVEN this year for the price of a one-off entry in the PC Nats.

As has been said we need to canvass all these thoughts to ensure we get the product right in the future.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 17, 2013, 08:36:00 am »

Woody

I agree, but considering the event was invisible outside of this forum, it's probably not an issue...

VMX247, I've heard nothing official regarding the cancellaton.

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.