Author Topic: where to ? back here of course ;after all it is a return ticket  (Read 5432 times)

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: where to ? back here of course ;after all it is a return ticket
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2013, 04:15:09 pm »
Hey Paco growing up in the mid seventies in the UK  ;D the memories , fighting the system then and still fighting the system today .

But the maggot never got into power until 79 up until then it was only guilty of stealing milk from primary school kids .

Yer everything was perfect before that bitch came along .
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/4553464.stm

Offline paco

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2013, 05:15:34 pm »
Yes and about that time  the British bike industry and Triumph went under . The country had been in trouble for a long time . At one stage they even tried to cash in on the so called," British invasion " until the over taxed musicians moved to tax havens . by now you all must surely realize that I have really solid and passionate social and political beliefs : I've just forgotten what they are at the moment . Ride bikes , fast or slow , competitive or not and bugger the politics . I like to blame Maggie ; because she's a sheila.Not only that but she's a dead sheila : Wheres the come back in that ? p
what ! Who me ? Nah

Offline Rodpack

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2013, 08:41:21 pm »
First Reagan and now Thatcher. The old bogeyman/bogeywoman? of 80's punk and hardcore. Spent a lot of my youth listening to Crass, amongst countless others, and still do. Still plenty for people to be pissed about now, probably more so. Thatcher, crush the unions in her own country while singing the praises of Solidarity. Good riddance.

Offline oldskool

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2013, 05:31:54 am »
Not offended here since I still have albums from most of the bands in those clips and still listen to them regularly ;D.

TM BILL

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2013, 05:40:49 am »
I didn't think it would offend most people on here  ;) but these days we do get the odd PC loving , dog bother on here who takes exception to the slightest colourfull language , or expression of hatred ::) so in future i will post a warning before anything that might upset the precious few  ;)

MM what part of Britain did you grow up in mate  ??? you seem to know all about it  ??? Personally i wouldn't have an opinion about Australian politics then or now as i have never lived there  :)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 05:43:38 am by TM bill »

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2013, 05:46:58 am »
I didn't think it would offend most people on here  ;) but these days we do get the odd PC loving , dog bother on here who takes exception to the slightest colourfull language , or expression of hatred ::) so in future i will post a warning before anything that might upset the precious few  ;)

MM what part of Britain did you grow up in mate  ??? you seem to know all about it  ??? Personally i wouldn't have an opinion about Australian politics then or now as i have never lived there  :)
The word TMBill should be warning enough of a post that would upset someone somewhere  :D
Two world wars and one World Cup...

TM BILL

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2013, 06:12:16 am »

The word TMBill should be warning enough of a post that would upset someone somewhere  :D
Two world wars and one World Cup...

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D   Dont forget there Ain't no black in the union jack  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=RxhN7MQ6uYw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=-zpPxoBZgjM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=yPdFQc1w5Ys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=R9Whn2eQGSM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=6MtRlFixzyE

« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 06:45:55 am by TM bill »

Offline paco

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2013, 07:16:51 am »
Hail to and long live,"The guns of Brixton" We here in Australia had a monster Prime minister by the name of Malcom Frazer", Who sent his welfare thugs to search the wardrobes of the disadvantaged and the unemployed. He gained power by enlisting the help of the English secret service and the American CIA . Which is an act of treason,but generally no one cared . p
what ! Who me ? Nah

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2013, 10:03:31 am »
A little reading on the Thatcher Governments implementation of the 1988 Poll Tax might educate Maggies apologists as to where her allegiances really stood......and it wasn't for the poor or the working class, that's for sure.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 10:05:06 am by firko »
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline suzuki59

• Legend
  • Kiwi VMX
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2013, 10:09:09 am »
Great music.

I have never lived in the UK so cant comment on the Iron Ladys impact on the citizens during her tenure.

TM BILL

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2013, 03:41:44 pm »
WARNING OFFENSIVE CONTENT   for you know who     ;)

But for the real people and anyone who was in the UK in the mid 70s worth a watch  :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=NuWGrAGKt-c

Offline cemotobull

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2013, 04:18:40 pm »
Gee that punk music musicians are quite up there. I almost heard 3 chords in there. Not like the pleasant music we had in the 60's that's for sure. Now the 'witch is dead', u pommie's can get back on a boat and fark off back to the mother land :)!!