Author Topic: Rules, who needs them?  (Read 16778 times)

TM BILL

Re: Rules, who needs them?
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2013, 01:36:28 pm »
It seems a new wave of enthusiast are coming along with the old im not competitive so i should be allowed tho ride my 2013 crf 250 in pre 65s  ::)

Seen em come and seen em go ( they dont usually stick around when they dont get their own way ) but at the end of the day we still have a set of rules that work pretty bloody well  ;)

Their not perfect and need a bit of fine tuning but generally they work well .

The most common squawk that accompanies the "im not competitive " justification is the " but it gets bums on seats" squawk followed by the "its only for fun" and "you people take it to seriously" squawk  ::)

Well if its only for fun , you can be just as uncompetitive on an era correct bike and there are still plenty of era correct bikes out there for those arses looking for a seat  ;)

Its an attitude thing , i believe some people will try to create issues wether its Vintage MX or underwater Muff diving thats how they get their buzz  ::)

So yes we do need rules and IMHO the MA rules are pretty good .

Ted is going through the appropriate channels to get the RM swinging arm accepted , Rather than just whinge about it on here and do SFA he has used this forum to gain information and share his experiences while going through the correct channels  :) and all power to him .

At the end of the day a gate drops and a flag falls , its a sport and sports need rules .

Even non competitive events CDs and the Broadford bonanza have rules  ;)

If you dont like rules run your own events on your own property  ;) im no expert but theres probably local council rules you have to abide by even then  ;D

« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 02:00:59 pm by TM bill »

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2013, 01:50:28 pm »
Moral question for anyone that can be bothered answering…

If you have a 125 and you find out that it has been bored out to 150cc
Would you ride it in the 125 class or the 250 class?

Geoff!! Thankyou!! This is exactly the point i raise time after time whenever the eligibility of a particular bike or part on that bike is raised and debated until the cows come home!! Everybody worries soooo much about alloy swing arms and modern shock internals,, blah blah blah  but whenever i bring up the very same point as you have here it goes unheard. I could race a stock looking YZ250D in pre78 with 20,30 or more cc than stock and no one would ever know nor question me, but ride a bike with an alloy swing arm and they'll bit having fits in the pits!!!   :-\

Well, actually my point was that if you are happy to keep within cubic capacity classes then why not keep within year cut off classes?

As to fork internals, fat bars (of which I hate to see on vintage bikes), electronic ignitions, adjustable shocks, & fat pipes etc, well my view is that it should be one rule for all. If everyone can use these parts if they want then it is fair to everyone.

The use of later era parts though smudges the line in the sand as there will be others that will be thinking “I would have used that part too if I knew I was allowed to”
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline popeye

• Legend
  • 1-2-3 wheel's l don't care...All good fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2013, 01:56:23 pm »
IMO National level we need to follow the rules to the letter of the law after all we are trying to win that $5 plastic cup, but club level come isn't it about having a bit of fun, give em a FRANKEN Bike class all in, would be better than em siting in the shed....

I like it Davey Crocket :D :D :D
IN IT FOR THE FUN OF IT. LIKE MR NIKE SAYS JUST DO IT.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2013, 01:57:54 pm »
Its an attitude thing , i believe some people will try to create issues wether its Vintage MX or underwater Muff diving thats how they get their buzz  ::)

Do have the GCRs for underwater muff diving Bill?
formerly Marc.com

TM BILL

« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2013, 02:02:25 pm »

Mate im waiting for a replacment book , the ink ran in mine at the last nats  ::) from memory they were trying to get the rule changed that the competitors air tank could could be no bigger than his subjects lungs . This arose as a result of a large influx of Asian competitors whos subjects tend to have smaller lungs  ;D

Average Aussie assistant with large lung capacity

Average Asian assisant , note the reduced lung capacity

« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 03:00:42 pm by TM bill »

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2013, 02:06:12 pm »
Sounds like a great sport. I'm quite proficient at breathing through my ears, it may have its advantages. Probably an expensive sport though. I don't run mine under water but it still keeps me poor!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 03:08:07 pm by 090 »

Offline popeye

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2013, 02:06:45 pm »
I wonder if the Muff Diving rule book is different for unzud as to ozz???????? mmmmmm
Can anyone clarify this? The waters seam a bit muddy! Hang on I'm thing of Arnhemland..

TM BILL

« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2013, 02:12:47 pm »
Wet suits compusary in NZ for competitors due to the cooler climate, not compusary for subjects for obvious reasons  ;D although it is recomended to get a well fleshed subject as it takes longer for the cold to penetrate . Also a well fleshed subject generally has bigger lungs  ;) Maico girl i heard was tendering herself out for the 2014 nats to be held in lake Taupo in conjunction with the NZ ironman :)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 02:14:47 pm by TM bill »

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2013, 02:20:09 pm »

I think the only rule is to find a willing muff to dive upon! Lotsa luck! :D
WANTED. Canams;all models,complete or parts.SWM stuff too!

I'm THE Thread Killer - when I post a thread dies!

Simo63

« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2013, 02:21:33 pm »
TANGENT ...
you guys are on it  ;D

Unless of course you need some rules for muff diving .. hmm now on what basis would we split the classes in this sport??  Years or capacity  ;)

Offline popeye

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2013, 02:23:47 pm »
Just what this thread needed I think a little light hearted humour... Love it..

TM BILL

« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2013, 02:27:11 pm »
TANGENT ...
you guys are on it  ;D

Unless of course you need some rules for muff diving .. hmm now on what basis would we split the classes in this sport??  Years or capacity  ;)

Simo as a current Titty Title holder i can confirm that the only class splits are weight based  ;D

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2013, 02:43:32 pm »
Not by size? Big , bigger and kin huge. ;D

Offline Viper666

• Legend
  • "Yes I bought THAT number plate" so sue me!
    • View Profile
    • Ballarat Rovers MCC
« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2013, 03:13:02 pm »

Muff diving

Good to see we are now talking about a much more agreeable subject
Thank the Lord for Melbourne Bitter, anti-inflamatory drugs & an understanding wife.
YZ80H, YZ100G, YZ125E, YZ125F, YZ125G, YZ250D, YZ250E, YZ250F, YZ250G, YZ250H, YZ400F, IT125G, IT250K & a, a, a,      CRF250X???????    

How the FUG did that sh*tbox Honda get in here?

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2013, 03:14:23 pm »
i'm definately not goin pre~65 ;D
"flat bickie"