Author Topic: Rules, who needs them?  (Read 16785 times)

maico police

Re: Rules, who needs them?
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2013, 11:23:53 am »
Is this an opportunity to debate a subject close to many hearts in Australia ?! or just an opportunity for the usual "suspects" to throw shit and gain revenge for past battles lost??

Talking of 'suspects' trying to fight lost causes, you wouldn't know anyone by the name of "RM500 Man" would you mate? He's a very 'suspect' character.
Likes to send threatening PM's and then disappear only to re-surface under a different name after having some moral enema...... ;)

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2013, 11:24:07 am »
Is this an opportunity to debate a subject close to many hearts in Australia ?! or just an opportunity for the usual "suspects" to throw shit and gain revenge for past battles lost??

Right on both counts.Yer we need another "opportunity" to discuss the bogus rules  and yer Nimmo used the shit that 090 through  on my RM125B arm thread and through it straight back at him.Forking brilliant!

Offline suzuki59

• Legend
  • Kiwi VMX
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2013, 11:25:42 am »
Thanks - thought so.

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2013, 11:59:23 am »

Right on both counts.Yer we need another "opportunity" to discuss the bogus rules  and yer Nimmo used the shit that 090 through  on my RM125B arm thread and through it straight back at him.Forking brilliant!

Someones out of pills.
that's what I said to be exact. 7 pages and about 16 replies in your own thread about something you are passionate about. After all these years and so many threads and posts on the same subject,why not put all that effort to good use and get it sorted is all I am saying here. That particular thread was in response to mainlines reply where you completely twisted what he wrote to have another spit.
Monts response was medium  funny, certainly not brilliant.  :P

Offline suzuki59

• Legend
  • Kiwi VMX
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2013, 12:02:19 pm »

Talking of 'suspects' trying to fight lost causes, you wouldn't know anyone by the name of "RM500 Man" would you mate? He's a very 'suspect' character.
Likes to send threatening PM's and then disappear only to re-surface under a different name after having some moral enema...... ;)
Yep, he's a good friend of all things 414 the alter ego of a real winner.

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2013, 12:12:01 pm »

[/quote]

[/quote]

Someones out of pills.
that's what I said to be exact. 7 pages and about 16 replies in your own thread about something you are passionate about. After all these years and so many threads and posts on the same subject,why not put all that effort to good use and get it sorted is all I am saying here. That particular thread was in response to mainlines reply where you completely twisted what he wrote to have another spit.
Monts response was medium  funny, certainly not brilliant.  :P

[/quote]

Monts response was brilliant , your response with" is that all you got ?" when he had quoted yourself was what was funny.You're wasting your time tiling.Try stand up comedy you already got your first joke.

Offline Mod1

• Global Moderator
  • Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2013, 12:17:02 pm »
then lock it down and let it die a quick death.

Please do this !

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2013, 12:17:26 pm »
I thought this a serious subject and so far you've added junk.
You haven't even put up a rebuttal. So is your ploy to turn it to shit straight up? Have you no answer to my last post even?  

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2013, 12:19:25 pm »
then lock it down and let it die a quick death.

Please do this !
Fine.

Offline Husky500evo

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2013, 10:44:15 pm »
       Some rules in this sport, that I am very passionate about , spoil things for me and just make me want to go away and do something else. The class that I was most interested in is pre '78, because that is the place in time that I started racing. The bikes of that period are the ones that I have the most attachment to, even though I own and enjoy bikes across the spectrum from pre '75 through to pre '90 (and modern trailbikes as well). I own five '77 model motocross bikes, that I had a desire to own from back in the day, that I refuse to reverse engineer to meet the stupid 9 inch travel rule. So I won't be entering another national title meeting in pre '78 class while ever this rule is in place.
        Probably more than half of the '77 model MXers had more than 9 inches of suspension, so I think that the limit should be 10 inches. It defies logic to me that someone would buy an older, less competitive bike in a class (probably because they are cheaper) and expect later and more advanced machines to be modified backwards to meet inferior standards, supposedly to make things more fair. Wouldn't it be more sensible the other way round, by having the older bikes modified with later model suspension components to make them more competitive ? The rules for this class are pretty much a word for word copy from the AHRMA Historic class. If you are going to plagiarise someone elses rules, you should at least make sure that they are good rules to begin with.
       As far as the rules for Evo class forks are concerned, couldn't the rules just be worded that you can use any conventional forks that were originally from a bike manufactured with a drum brake front wheel ? Wouldn't this stop anyone using forks from a disc braked bike and descending into the depths of the dreaded Dutch twin shocks ?
        The rule regarding exhaust pipes in pre '75 and earlier classes, having to follow the original line of the manufacturer, needs to be looked at as well.

Offline the stig

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2013, 09:24:29 am »

Reading Throu this Thread Makes me wonder wonder
      what Happend to the saying  ( Within the Spirit of
      Things )
      The Rules should State as Manafactured  for sale at
      the time . 
       Lets Face it most Mods were done by Race Teams
       or Importers not by the Factories for general sale at
       the same time..
       A 78 Factorie bike useualy did not come out for general
       sale untill the following year or two.

The Stig

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2013, 09:48:10 am »
Exactly Rahier had a alloy arm on his Suzuki in75
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2013, 10:20:10 am »
Hmmm, speaking of not wanting to tow the line or folks bucking the system.....I believe it was requested that this thread was locked? To which the thread starter replied "fine"?? Correct me if I'm wrong?? Guess some people just can't stick to their word or do the right thing all the time aye
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2013, 10:34:22 am »
Sure I will correct you. I have the blessing of mod 1. I am allowed to do what I want by the rules to lock or unlock as I wish. If the thread is not worthy it will be canned or put in the dumbgeon by those that rule the forum. It will be the likes of you that will force their hand, not me. This is a very topical subject about guys wanting to change or not abide by set rules for their own selfish reasons.
While i am here I might add that the rm swing arm bit was more an add on and not really relevant to what I was trying to convey. It was meant as a passing note just stating that someone that feels passionate about the subject should put their efforts into doing so. As ted is. As its been going on for 5 -6 years that I know of ( how long I've been on the forum).

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2013, 10:42:32 am »
Moral question for anyone that can be bothered answering…

If you have a 125 and you find out that it has been bored out to 150cc
Would you ride it in the 125 class or the 250 class?
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/