Author Topic: HBBB 2013  (Read 3193 times)

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
HBBB 2013
« on: March 30, 2013, 06:19:28 pm »
Big turn-out at Broadford today, probably the biggest of em all.  Was great to catch-up with some old friends.  The MX track looked perfect, anyone ride today?  How was it?
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline Scunge

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: HBBB 2013
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 07:46:52 pm »
Has an absolute blast on the Mx track today!

Put a tank of gas through the RM and the track was great. Not too much water so the dust held off...

Feeling all my 42 years tonight but beer is July friend.

Great to see Gazza Hacking, GMC, Bahnzy, Brent, Goof, Hilly, the king of bling, Tex, Dawn, Chris, Andy Marshall, etc etc And quite a few  new faces and names!

The biggest HBBB by far, the Mx is getting nearly as big as the CLassic Dirt that I went to at Broadford.
 Sounds like the road race was a lot bigger.
Good work Drakey and co

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 08:59:14 am »
I had a great time at HBBB yesterday and I didn't even ride. It was good to check out all the different disciplines on display, there are so many cool things everywhere it was hard to take it all in.

I couldn't really select one highlight, there was so much cool stuff: the Safari bikes, heaps of bikes on what looked to be a motocross track, speedway sidecars, umpteen awesome road bikes...

It was great to catch up with so many people as well. The event looks to have been bigger than ever, so well done to Drakie and everybody who makes it happen. To anyone who hasn't been yet, get up there today and take a look if you can.

Tex

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 09:55:17 am »
Ditto that Tex.For various reasons I have been hampered by injury, bike reliability and circumstance (work!) over the last couple of years but the stars finally aligned yesterday. Had a ball, couple of laps on the eclectic vinduro loop and then up to check out the crazies at the road racing. Then friend Andrew from Rusty Heap of Shit Racing and I nervously ventured out onto the MX track. Had to wait for Pre 85 class as he has an 81 Honda I was on my 74-75 Pursang / Frontera. Full marks for everyone else out there for avoiding our mobile chicane. Nil injuries for a change and the only reliability issue was my toolbox strap falling off and various tools, money and mobile being strewn across the track. Remarkably my headlight and taillight kept working which I suppose was a beacon for those rapidly approaching from behind to lap us once again. Totally rooted by 4:00 pm shutdown which worked out great as we then ventured down to admire the testicle size of the speedway mob. You have my full respect guys (and girls). Many thanks to Drakey et al for making it happen. Cheers J

STW996

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 12:43:17 pm »
I made the trip down for a look at this event as I had not been to one (MA run event) but have been to 6 of the Classic Dirts.

The road racing was the big difference to me (I did several years of road racing so really injoyed this "extra" event) and the line up was first class. The Motocross is still my first love and while it is simular to CD it was a lot more low key than what CD is.

The big difference is that Broadford is a purpose built track and does not compare to the natural terrain of the CD venue (CD 9 of last year).

I see enough difference in the events to not have to compare. I could see how the magazine boy's could be a bit put out by the fact the motocross runs pretty much the same format as CD.

I did ride at CD 4 at Broadford and loved the track and it looked like the promoters put up a well prepaired track for the riders.

I might well come back next year with a couple of bikes.

Shane

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 06:52:53 pm »
Loved it! Really enjoyed riding MX and also checking out the action on the flat track. Them Boys are MAD! :o
Maico's, the only way to go.

Offline Woody

• A-Grade
  • Heaven #70
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 08:24:13 pm »
Well done to Drakie and the team, what an A1 event! The MX track was great, wish I also had an IT, slider and TZ to bring along and ride all the tracks.

Anyone got some pics to they'd like to share here? Here's a top vid I came across courtesy of the Danman;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30hsF20vCIY
WANTED 

1988/89 125 - CR KX YZ   
YZ125G, YZ250H and YZ80G parts
IT200 stuff
CR250RD parts

Offline 2 shocks

• A-Grade
  • Gods Country !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 06:56:49 pm »
2013 HBBB ... didnt think it was possible to be better than 2012, but yeah, I think it was. We had the party boots on for the reunion last year for the MX, so maybe the memory is not so good  ;D
Well done to Drakie and all the workers/volunteers. HBBB is different, it celebrates Road Racing, Enduro, Dirt Track, MX & even saw a Trials section set up over the back. Great Vibes over the Easter break and blessed with sensational weather, havent missed one yet. They just get better and better. Many thanks to GMC (Geoff Morris) had a part that needed welding, Geoff went home, fixed the problem and wouldnt take any money, a thorough gentleman ;) Bring it on for next year, Maico Rules.

Ken & Dawn Baker #54

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 07:34:21 pm »
2013 HBBB ... didnt think it was possible to be better than 2012, but yeah, I think it was. We had the party boots on for the reunion last year for the MX, so maybe the memory is not so good  ;D
Well done to Drakie and all the workers/volunteers. HBBB is different, it celebrates Road Racing, Enduro, Dirt Track, MX & even saw a Trials section set up over the back. Great Vibes over the Easter break and blessed with sensational weather, havent missed one yet. They just get better and better. Many thanks to GMC (Geoff Morris) had a part that needed welding, Geoff went home, fixed the problem and wouldnt take any money, a thorough gentleman ;) Bring it on for next year, Maico Rules.

Ken & Dawn Baker #54

Glad ya had a great time Ken, so did ya ever find out just what your missus mobile phone was doing in the gents?? :D

Cheers, Brendan
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline 2 shocks

• A-Grade
  • Gods Country !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2013, 07:52:05 pm »
Thanks Brendan, those dunnies are unisex as much as I dont like it, but I didnt care for walking up that hill late in the evening, and as I have a bad habit of leaving my phone in my back pocket it was best I took it out before it was drowned when I dropped my duds so to speak  ;D ;D Thanks a million for returning it, so glad I changed the profile picture so you knew who to return it too  ;)

Mrs Maico #54

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2013, 08:03:51 pm »
Thanks Brendan, those dunnies are unisex as much as I dont like it, but I didnt care for walking up that hill late in the evening, and as I have a bad habit of leaving my phone in my back pocket it was best I took it out before it was drowned when I dropped my duds so to speak  ;D ;D Thanks a million for returning it, so glad I changed the profile picture so you knew who to return it too  ;)

Mrs Maico #54

Ahh yes of course, i'd forgotten they were unisex dunnies. Not a problem, i know only too well the amount of grief that can be gone through with a lost iPhone with the amount of our lifes info we store on them these days. I use the same style of screensaver pic so as to give myself the best chance of getting one back should i too ever misplace it, funnily enough it was and easy pick as i'd already mentioned to someone that day how much Ken is the spitting image of one of ex missus uncles!!
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline Woody

• A-Grade
  • Heaven #70
    • View Profile
WANTED 

1988/89 125 - CR KX YZ   
YZ125G, YZ250H and YZ80G parts
IT200 stuff
CR250RD parts